Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havent tried Pikantus before and will have to track a bottle down for comparison.

Picture says it all!

Best Australian brewed beer I have ever had the pleasure to taste, malty, spicy clean, strong! :)

Well done Gough and the rest of the Murrays crew :icon_drunk:

C&B
A Very Merry Drunk Arab :D

ICON_2IPA.jpg

Picture says it all!

Best Australian brewed beer I have ever had the pleasure to taste, malty, spicy clean, strong! :)

Well done Gough and the rest of the Murrays crew.

C&B
A Very Merry Drunk Arab

Totally agree. Great beer, Murrays mob. :icon_drool2: :icon_drunk: :super:

Including your own, rashy?

I've just been through an american pale ale tasting and I'm still jealous.

Including your own, rashy?

I've just been through an american pale ale tasting and I'm still jealous.

Kai, you know I am a modest bloke :lol: and okay, maybe I have brewed one or two reasonable beers and I have had the pleasure of drinking some very good beers brewed by the SA bretheren and some from Vic, NSW and WA but mark my words, this beer is without a doubt sex in a glass. :super: !

Tell us more about the APA tasting please.

C&B
TVDA

PS, I am sure I posted somewhere during the week that people shouldn't post when pissed so now I am proving what a hypocrite I am :ph34r:

Totally agree. Great beer, Murrays mob. :icon_drool2: :icon_drunk: :super:

Stuster, just spoke to the Mrs about spending Xmas at The Pub With No Beer and got a "sounds like a good idea".
Somehow I will wake up soon and realise it's just been a dream :p

C&B
TDA

Kai, you know I am a modest bloke :lol: and okay, maybe I have brewed one or two reasonable beers and I have had the pleasure of drinking some very good beers brewed by the SA bretheren and some from Vic, NSW and WA but mark my words, this beer is without a doubt sex in a glass. :super: !

Tell us more about the APA tasting please.

Squire's golden ale, knappstein's lager (i called that an apa for comparison's sake), baron's pale ale, alpha pale ale, LCPA, emerson's apa, flying dog pale ale, flying dog ipa, great divide titan ipa

still annoyed i didn't get my hands on snpa though

Saison using Wyeast Farmhouse Ale VSS
Beer_002_2.jpg
A little more bitter then intended because of the addition of some kumquats to the boil but very nice.
This yeast gives fantastic vanilla/citrus flavour!

My current quaffing beer, Armadillo Lager. Pale malt base with a bit of wheat and a touch of crystal. 5.4%, nothing but fruity Amarillo hops pulling about 40 IBUs. Goes down a treat after a long hot day.

Stuff_024.jpg

IPA.JPG

India Pale Ale.
7.5% and packed full of Fuggles and Goldings. Nice smooth malty mouth feel, with a late dose of alcohol warmth. Plenty of late hops creates a delightful and dangerously easy drinking beer.
Awesome beer and one that is definately on the to brew again list.
Juddy

View attachment 17884

India Pale Ale.
7.5% and packed full of Fuggles and Goldings. Nice smooth malty mouth feel, with a late dose of alcohol warmth. Plenty of late hops creates a delightful and dangerously easy drinking beer.
Juddy
Christ that looks awesome Juddy! Beautiful colour and clarity to it.

Stuster, just spoke to the Mrs about spending Xmas at The Pub With No Beer and got a "sounds like a good idea".
Somehow I will wake up soon and realise it's just been a dream :p

C&B
TDA

Better you than Warren, TDA.
Can you imagine if he turned up, plonked his pHat on the counter & requested 'Sex in a Glass'? :D

I made the following recommendation to him a while back...
PS On the topic of IPA's. Seek out Redoak IPA & Murray's 2IPA. Not designed for social occasions, cause you'll just sit there with a silly grin, making Mmmmmmh sounds, but who cares :) I don't think the Redoak is in bottles, so that might have to wait for a trip to their Cafe in Sydney.

Good to see someone else had a similar experience.

Pete

View attachment 17884

India Pale Ale.
Juddy

Lovely, Juddy, just lovely, I can almost taste it.

Peter

No pic but heres a swatch of my berry hefe :D

swatch.JPG

APA.......... recently departed
(I hate auto-focus)
IMG_APA_resized.jpg

and 3 fingers of IPA, on rations because empty kegs outnumber full ones 3:2 :eek:
Pete

IMG_IPA_resized.jpg

They look great Pete and would make great swatches :p

Back