Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great Eric :beerbang:

BTW, tell your neighbour they missed a spot on their sheets :lol:

On the left, RanndyRobs APA. On the right LCPA.
Ooh, the force is strong in this one. If I had been brewing beer this good when I was Robs age, I would be brewing spectacular beer by the time I got to my age. Colour, bloody close, but Robs has a more orange tint. LCPA is more bright. Carbonation level identical. Head, pillowy and white on both. Aroma, citrus, floral, minor grapefruit in both, but Robs smells more fresh. Malt profile - very similar, but there is a hint more caramel malt in Robs. Bitterness - uncannily identical, the amount of bitterness, where you taste it on your tongue, how long it lingers after swallowing - the same. Both have a very smooth bitterness. Hop flavour - similar flavours in both, but a bit more exaggerated and a bit more fresh in Robs. Overall, both beers are perfectly balanced to me, the slightly bigger hop character in Robs matches the the slightly more malty profile.

Lacing - Rob on teh left, LCPA on the right. Kai has got the better on Rob by a little, but still bloody good in both.

robbeer.jpg

roblacing.jpg

While I have the DSLR out. Summer ale, 90% MO, 10% wheat, NZ Hallertau and slovenian styrians, furious boil, which seems to have sorted the haze, no filter but gelatined. Jolly nice.

hsa.jpg

Looks great Eric :beerbang:

BTW, tell your neighbour they missed a spot on their sheets :lol:

I will tell them to use more detergent :D .

GL, those pics look great!!

eric

I found this one up at the bottle'o in Nelson Bay, a 1litre can and the stein for $14.99.
Nice find I reckon. The beer wasn't too shabby either! (and I didn't have to worry about sneaking it out of a certain Rocks pub)

P1010267.JPG

Warren, I'm not going to guess B) (better then nude reflections on ebay anyway)

Lacing - Rob on teh left, LCPA on the right. Kai has got the better on Rob by a little, but still bloody good in both.

Score! :lol:

Love the review though. And the photos.

med_gallery_1194_110_6273.jpg

Swiss dried yeast S-189 (2 pack).
German malt (Pills, Munich & caramunich)
3 step infusion with a wave of the magic carafa 3 wand at batch sparge to add colour.
(photo is a bit dark as the beer is dark red)
Simcoe and Amarillo to just over 20 ibu and not late & in your face APA style.
Made last October so best part of 3 months to lager.
1048 OG to about 1012 so a summer dark quaffer :icon_cheers:

The computer labeled it more of a Dark American Lager than a Steam Beer.

Cold glass so no crazy reflections...

- Luke

Stu tastes good and too easy to drink on a hot day.
It was a bit of a experimental / what have I got to brew with beer and I promised myself to have a break from northern brewer/2112 steam beers.
It is a lite lager quaffer (grav = Alc) with a little bit more of a maltier taste complimented by the American hops.
The colour makes you think it big but its not at all as the Caf 3 was milled to dust and added to the batch sparge.
The hop choice make you think that is going to make you burp them up for a week or strip your teeth but they are only over 20 IBU with 3 small lager type editions (60 40 & 20 and could almost count the pellets).
So it's a "claytons dark lager"
Anyone who has said "na mate don't like them dark beers" and tried it has replied "Yea that's OK mate, while your up I'll have another".

- Luke

Very Nice body you bored but quick photo shopper!
I can't see a Virgin or a piece of toast in yours.
I have to ask, does she go down easy on a hot day? :p

Luke

Warren,
that looks like one tasty PHAT piece of ass... :p

My Czech/CAP Pilsner. 78% Pilsner 22% Flaked Maize. Chock full of Saaz plugs B)

Now time to jump in the pool and enjoy it.

Cheers.

CAP_Pilsner.jpg

My Czech/CAP Pilsner. 78% Pilsner 22% Flaked Maize. Chock full of Saaz plugs B)

Now time to jump in the pool and enjoy it.

Cheers.

View attachment 17771

Duff that looks truly fantastic - CAP's have become my lager of choice, i just love the Pils/maize combo... My Cluster/Saaz version ran dry today :( & now on to my current Nelson Sauvin CAP with is tasting superb :) . The next version won't be far in the making...

cheers Ross

Back