Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My house beer,it started out as an Aussie ale a few years back,now it's just a house beer,that fits into no category.
I like it and so do many others.
Taken tonight with storm clouds over the hills,rain, rain, rain of late,and that's just great as I have planted out 400 Paws Paws within the last week.

View attachment 17613

Batz

So, is that 300 to go?? :p
Could use a Kin KIn Ale right now.

I have planted out 400 Paws Paws within the last week.

You'd have saw paw's after plantin out all them Pawpaw's hope ya had Kinhelp.

BUT, what I want to know - can ya make beer out of Pawpaws, Batz?

Love those photos Batz...God's own country up your way.
No paw paws planted here today, but I turned over the compost this afternoon. I'm bushed.

The following is a pic of my 9mth old amber ale. It's bitter enough to coil your tongue. It was always meant to be on the strong side (9-10% ABV), but the balance isn't really there and it's pretty hot on the back of the tongue. Not that it doesn't make you pissed, it's just a little unbalanced...! Then again, so is the brewer, so it's all good.

IMG_3856__Large_.JPG

hats off to a brewer that can recognice...... and admit to an unballanced beer!!!

now to fix the problem for the next one. Bitter it with sothern cross flowers!!!

cheers

hats off to a brewer that can recognice...... and admit to an unballanced beer!!!

now to fix the problem for the next one. Bitter it with sothern cross flowers!!!

cheers

Ha! Probably shood have used rice gulls ;) :lol:

I realise that doesn't make sense....but I know what I mean. Damn. Sorry, my posting tonight can be directly attributed to the previous pic... Long on the ethanol, short on the volume.

Bottoms up gentlemen.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh there's your problem.

you spell to well!!!

cheers and try brewing it cool..... almost stalled, racking half way through with some splashing to help the yeast breath to keep the hot alcahol low.

works for me

cheers

My house beer,it started out as an Aussie ale a few years back,now it's just a house beer,that fits into no category.
I like it and so do many others.
Taken tonight with storm clouds over the hills,rain, rain, rain of late,and that's just great as I have planted out 400 Paws Paws within the last week.

View attachment 17613

Batz

Batz, I want to visit!

regards,
Scott

What's in the glass?
A flaming hornet that must have been up in the tap.
It bit the inside of my lip before I could spit the bugger out. :angry: :angry:

Campbell
You drinking straight out of the tap again Campbell?

You drinking straight out of the tap again Campbell?

No, I was being sensible. Because I was going out to the pool I used a metal tankard rather than glass.
This meant I couldn't see the uninvited guest in the beer.

Of course, afterwards I had to keep up a steady supply of cold liquid to ease the pain. :p

Campbell

Well Dr Bonj prescribes a day off tomorrow and to increase intake of cold fluids.

Well here's my first attempt at a hefe:
IMGP0762.jpg

And my first Roggenbeir:
IMGP0761.jpg

Both bloody beautiful. Low on banana, and i added 2 to the boil on the roggen. <_< It's still a bit cloudy, and both are low on carbonation, but couldn't wait to get stuck into them. :rolleyes:

Well here's my first attempt at a hefe:
IMGP0762.jpg

And my first Roggenbeir:
IMGP0761.jpg

Both bloody beautiful. Low on banana, and i added 2 to the boil on the roggen. <_< It's still a bit cloudy, and both are low on carbonation, but couldn't wait to get stuck into them. :rolleyes:

nice...
what %age rye did you end up going with ?

cheers
yardy

And my first Roggenbeir:
IMGP0761.jpg

Roggenbier hey fixa ?
That's a style I have never attempted or tasted.
I would be interested in your hops utilization

Batz

Batz..

35g of Spalter @ 60 mins.... 19.7 IBU

Roggenbier hey fixa ?
That's a style I have never attempted or tasted.
I would be interested in your hops utilization

Batz

:eek: :eek: :eek:

(tony pickes himself up off the floor, looks again and has to do the same thing... again)

you do know thats made with a WHEAT yeast batz?

But if you make it with that WB-06 you wont be able to taste it anyway! (ducks for cover)

cheers

:eek: :eek: :eek:

(tony pickes himself up off the floor, looks again and has to do the same thing... again)

you do know thats made with a WHEAT yeast batz?

But if you make it with that WB-06 you wont be able to taste it anyway! (ducks for cover)

cheers

Yes I checked it out in Google Tony
And said I have never tried or brewed one,never will either I suppose.
But I was interested in the medieval thing with the beer,wondered how you would hop such a brew.
And where did they get a 'wheat' yeast,I didn't think there was much of a selection.

Batz

Back