Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive posted this beer before...... its nothing special to look at........... tastes fantastic but looks...... not so good.

the sheep shagger.

Im more posting this for the glass........ i love it. Got it from the UK .

Its a Gordon Highland Scotch Ale glass.

Cant wait for winter to brew a strong, malty scotch ale to sip from this by the fire :)

cheers

Looks great Tony. Love the glass to bits. Why wait until winter for a Scottish? Aren't you a man of all seasons? :p

First_Alt__27_1_08.JPG

Just a pic of my first Alt with 1007 plus an all Spalter hop regime. Must say that it is quite nice. Now for the fine tuning.

TP :beer:

Looks great Tony. Love the glass to bits. Why wait until winter for a Scottish? Aren't you a man of all seasons?
View attachment 17457

Just a pic of my first Alt with 1007 plus an all Spalter hop regime. Must say that it is quite nice. Now for the fine tuning.

TP

That the same one I had a your place old thing? If so it was an excellent Alt,seems to be lasting a long time :huh:
And do something about that lawn and garden mate,it's a mess !! :lol: :lol:

Batz

That the same one I had a your place old thing? If so it was an excellent Alt,seems to be lasting a long time :huh:
And do something about that lawn and garden mate,it's a mess !! :lol:

Batz

Cheers Batz
Half a keg + a few bottles left.

TP :beer:

PS ----- Almost forgot .... WOOF! :lol:

This is a Pale Ale I did as a double batch (approx 50ltr) about 2 months ago. Initially the whole thing was high gravity @ about 1.060 but diluted and fermented the first lot and found that the whole profile was very tangy and not to my liking. The second half I fermented un-diluted which came in at 6.5% alc although still tangy but was not offensively so and quite enjoyable.

PA.JPG

BTW I used NZ Green bullet, NZ Golding flowers and Wyeast Thames Valley in this brew.

Image015.jpg

American Imperial India Pale Ale.

Beautiful bronzey red colour. Thick, malty, bitter, hoppy, awesome.

Nelson Sauvin, Amarillo, Cascade, Chinook, Pacific Gem....

It's leaving some nice lace too.

TDA, tell us about your impression of Pacific Gem. Are you happy with the bittering characteristics and how does the hop rate in the flavour/aroma stakes? I almost bought this hop last purchase and I'm interested how people are describing and rating it.

goomboogo, I tried the beer again last night. The bitterness aspect I am very happy with, don't forget though all hops were added in the last 30 minutes of the boil. The bitterness is firm, flavour is woody and fruity, like a really ripe nectarine. Aroma is not really detectable in my brew. Could have tried dry hopping I suppose but didn't. I will certainly be getting more of these flowers from Beerbelly!

I have brewed 3 other all Pacific Gem beers using pelletts, 2 ales and one lager. I have posted opinions on those somewhere on this forum. I think under the NZ hops thread.

C&B
TDA

I made an all Pacific Gem amber ale a while back. For a 23L batch, 10g at each 60, 20, 10 and 20g at flameout. Next time I will drop the bittering addition as it definitely wasn't needed. More woody than fruity from my experience.

Edit: Just had a nice thought, I will use this hop again in a lightly smoked lager, I think.

A nice PHAT of this beer. Thanks for the glass Warren!!!

Pacific Gem flowers hopbursted all the way.

Ingredients

Amount Item Type % or IBU
2.35 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter (5.9 EBC) Grain 48.0 %
2.35 kg Weyermann Munich I (15.8 EBC) Grain 48.0 %
0.20 kg Weyermann Caraamber (70.9 EBC) Grain 4.1 %
18.00 gm Pacific Gem [17.80%] (30 min) Hops 17.6 IBU
5.00 gm Pacific Gem [17.80%] (25 min) Hops 3.9 IBU
5.00 gm Pacific Gem [17.80%] (20 min) Hops 3.2 IBU
5.00 gm Pacific Gem [17.80%] (15 min) Hops 2.6 IBU
5.00 gm Pacific Gem [17.80%] (10 min) Hops 1.9 IBU
5.00 gm Pacific Gem [17.80%] (5 min) Hops 1.6 IBU
5.00 gm Pacific Gem [17.80%] (0 min) Hops -
1 Pkgs London Ale (Wyeast Labs #1028) Yeast-Ale

Beer Profile

Measured Original Gravity: 1.046 SG
Measured Final Gravity: 1.010 SG
Actual Alcohol by Vol: 4.7 %
Bitterness: 30.7 IBU
Est Color: 15.3 EBC

C&B
TDA

a lovely specimen young Padawan....
(ps. too many capitals though)

LC's The Knowledge :rolleyes: .
Very tasty, big malt profile balances out the hops nicely making the PA actually taste more bitter. Very nice !!
Cheers
Doug
Image017.jpg

Stairway to Kevin APA [brewed during the election last year] ;) Beersmith says IBUs 59, not a chance I reckon it's about 35 after a couple of months CC,also conditioned in the keg so no gas required and no filter has been near it.
Bloody good and one of my best IMHO. :lol:

SW_apa_web.jpg

Looks tops Bindi. :beer:

This is my biatch blonde. No filter required also. :D

Warren -

01022008135.jpg

A triple unveiling for the keg department after a very wet (apparently very localised) brew day.

No1- Newest incarnation of the Acerola Pale - bugger lost almost all of the pink colour again. Fruit flavour & aroma fine, might leave the fruit in the beer for 2 weeks next time.
View attachment 17524

No2 - Jyes Sunset Wheat - ended up using nottingham, will go US-05 next time - easy drinking
View attachment 17525

No3 - Colins Eyreish Red (with added caraaroma) bloody beautiful - thanks Ducati Boy Stu for the caraaoma hint.
View attachment 17526

Will sleep the sleep of the just tonight :)

My brother came over today.

We went for a beer, had a nice schooner of keolsch each. Went back for another and i cursed the shout by saying, "the kegs almost empty"

I started to our it and you know the way it goes........ it runs out slower than usual and you think...mmmmmm this is sus. Then gurgle, gurgle, spurt ect and you have a glass of frothing bubbles.

It settled out to 3/4 of a schooner so i gave it to my ber and set about hooking up the keg in the fridge that was carbing up.

It poured clear, crisp and very drinkable, perfect head and carb, so very happy. Its still a bit raw as it only finnished primary a few days back but drinkable and will only get better.

ITs a nice aussie/NZ amber ale. POR and B-SAAZ hops.

Will post a pic of it in a bit of light to show off the colour through the week when i get a chance.

cheers

B_SAAZ_Amber_Ale__549_x_824_.jpg

the spoils of a trip to Prague last weekend. im just finishing up the Klasik... my personal favorite was the Krusovice Schwarzbier.

5 bottles of beer for about $6 as well, brilliant

P1020553.JPG

Latest posts

Back