Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks beautiful Batz - Care to share the recipe? :)

Cheers Ross

looks like some protein haze there Batz :eek:

Well done !!! its great when you try to perfect something and it comes off........My current Fest beer is the best so far - all weyermann for that cheeky malt front end....

Cheers
JSB

Pint of Slutty Red... Not really like the Mac's Sassy original I was trying to emulate but an OK drop all the same. :chug:

Warren -

DSC02731.JPG

My version of an Aussie Ale

Aussie_Ale.jpg

Very pleasant tasting beer too !

Batz

It's taken me 18 months or more to perfect the best pilsner I have ever tasted !!

View attachment 17006

Beautifully clean with just the correct bitterness and flavour.
It started out as a Pilsner Urquell clone,still quite similar.
Batz :beer:

hi, looks great, and could you sell us the recipe?

cheers, alan

It's taken me 18 months or more to perfect the best pilsner I have ever tasted !!

View attachment 17006

Beautifully clean with just the correct bitterness and flavour.
It started out as a Pilsner Urquell clone,still quite similar.
Batz :beer:

Looks nice Batz, what it's all about hey, taking the time to perfect a beer style that you like.

But never figured you were a Lager Boy :lol:

Looks nice Batz, what it's all about hey, taking the time to perfect a beer style that you like.

But never figured you were a Lager Boy :lol:

Defiantly easy drinking lager weather Screwy,I've been mowing,slashing,brush cutting and spraying while 'the sun shines'
A nice cold lager is what's needed after a day of that!

I'll post the recipe in the recipe section later on

Batz

Another NS Lager :p nice [and I am not a fan of lagers]

Edit: Typo

NS_Lager_web.jpg

Another NS Lager :p nice [and I am not a fan of lagers]

Edit: Typo

Looks great Bindi

I on my way to try one!
My experence with NS has not been good.I'll like to see if your lager will change me ;) I'll bring a Pilsner

Batz

Looks great Bindi

I on my way to try one!
My experence with NS has not been good.I'll like to see if your lager will change me ;) I'll bring a Pilsner

Batz

Not a chance Batz, the 'people [read that drink anything] that turn up here' have drunk it almost dry, "Plebs and cretins all" I drank the Belgian [style] , the Lager is nice, and a "session beer" But, not for me, the funny thing is all their left legs were not working when they left here.
Boring as Bat shit is most Lagers IMHO, this is OK, and most love it , but not my style :lol: .

My attempt at a Belgian Dubbel that I recently tapped and got a tad munted on last night.

dubbel.JPG

My attempt at a Belgian Dubbel that I recently tapped and got a tad munted on last night.

Hiya Devo,

Wasn't that your attempt at a Chimay Red?

How'd she turn out?

Munted is AOK :lol:

reVox

It turned out fine except that it lacked the full toffee mouth feel that you would normally get from a Chimay Red. I will probably up the CaraAmber and candy sugar a bit to hopefully resolve this short coming.

HEre is my koelsch.

I will put the recipe in the database later on if i think of it.

Its an awsome beer great summer drinking!

cheers

Edit: no clarafying agents were used in the production of this beer!, just filtered out the yeast. this beer in the pics is at about 2 to 4 deg. it was poured into a frozen glass at 3 or 4 deg from the keg.

Koelsch__549_x_824_.jpg

Koelsch_at_pool__549_x_824_.jpg

HEre is my koelsch.

I will put the recipe in the database later on if i think of it.

Its an awsome beer great summer drinking!

cheers

Edit: no clarafying agents were used in the production of this beer!, just filtered out the yeast. this beer in the pics is at about 2 to 4 deg. it was poured into a frozen glass at 3 or 4 deg from the keg.

Looks the goods Tony, what yeast did you use?

Hey screwey

Here is the recipe:

yeast was Wyeast 1007 firmented at 15 or 16 deg.... in there somewhere. took 2 weeks to firment out anyway.

THe beer has a light to medium body, slight fruitiness from yeast and a light sweet malt character. hops are not really nioticable on the nose but they are there, and the bitterness is spot on to ballance well for a smooth beer. Nothing really pokes its head out and all works well in together. Im very happy with it.

I checked the mash pH and it was spot on 5.3..... i think thats why its so clear. I could never make pale beers that clear in tamworth where the water was harder and a much higher pH. I used to get mash pH of 5.8 to 6.2 for pale beers and had to spoil them with lots of acid malt to get them half clear. they were a bit tangy though. As you can see i added a bit to this recipe and it works well.
Kolch

A ProMash Recipe Report

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (L): 54.00 Wort Size (L): 54.00
Total Grain (kg): 10.50
Anticipated OG: 1.049 Plato: 12.19
Anticipated EBC: 8.2
Anticipated IBU: 27.0
Brewhouse Efficiency: 80 %
Wort Boil Time: 75 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential EBC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
81.0 8.50 kg. IMC Pilsner Australia 1.038 3
9.5 1.00 kg. Weyermann Munich I Germany 1.038 15
6.7 0.70 kg. Weyermann Carapils (Carafoam) Germany 1.037 3
1.9 0.20 kg. JWM Caramalt Australia 1.036 50
1.0 0.10 kg. Weyermann Acidulated Germany 1.035 5

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
30.00 g. Spalter Spalt Pellet 3.50 6.0 First WH
90.00 g. Hallertauer Tradition Pellet 4.60 19.9 45 min.
28.00 g. Spalter Spalt Pellet 3.50 1.0 5 min.

Extras

Amount Name Type Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.00 Oz Irish Moss Fining 5 Min.(boil)

Yeast
-----

WYeast 1007 German Ale

Hey screwey

Here is the recipe:

yeast was Wyeast 1007 firmented at 15 or 16 deg.... in there somewhere. took 2 weeks to firment out anyway.

THe beer has a light to medium body, slight fruitiness from yeast and a light sweet malt character. hops are not really nioticable on the nose but they are there, and the bitterness is spot on to ballance well for a smooth beer. Nothing really pokes its head out and all works well in together. Im very happy with it.

I checked the mash pH and it was spot on 5.3..... i think thats why its so clear. I could never make pale beers that clear in tamworth where the water was harder and a much higher pH. I used to get mash pH of 5.8 to 6.2 for pale beers and had to spoil them with lots of acid malt to get them half clear. they were a bit tangy though. As you can see i added a bit to this recipe and it works well.
Kolch

A ProMash Recipe Report

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (L): 54.00 Wort Size (L): 54.00
Total Grain (kg): 10.50
Anticipated OG: 1.049 Plato: 12.19
Anticipated EBC: 8.2
Anticipated IBU: 27.0
Brewhouse Efficiency: 80 %
Wort Boil Time: 75 Minutes
Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential EBC
81.0 8.50 kg. IMC Pilsner Australia 1.038 3
9.5 1.00 kg. Weyermann Munich I Germany 1.038 15
6.7 0.70 kg. Weyermann Carapils (Carafoam) Germany 1.037 3
1.9 0.20 kg. JWM Caramalt Australia 1.036 50
1.0 0.10 kg. Weyermann Acidulated Germany 1.035 5

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.
Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
30.00 g. Spalter Spalt Pellet 3.50 6.0 First WH
90.00 g. Hallertauer Tradition Pellet 4.60 19.9 45 min.
28.00 g. Spalter Spalt Pellet 3.50 1.0 5 min.
Extras

Amount Name Type Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.00 Oz Irish Moss Fining 5 Min.(boil)
Yeast
-----

WYeast 1007 German Ale
Interesting Tony, gave up on the 2565 and used S33 for the last, still only achieved AA of 70% still not dry enough down from 1.054 to 1.015. Will have to look at lowering the OG and may try the 1007, what did it finish at?

Had to add a lot of citric acid here too to reach 5.2, could be the problem with the low att. A hard one to nail, also used Spalt and Hallertauer in my last, nice malt hop balance (neutral) but needs to be drier.

Screwy

went from 1.050 to 1.010.

the yeast wont settle out for anyones daughter, even after a week at 4 deg but the filter took care of it, and blocked up 2 times doing 50 liters, thats how powdery it is.

If i used it again i would use gelitine to take some of the yeast out i think. I cursed it to hell but its great in the finnish.

will do another soon with the saved yeast to see if i get better atenultion with stringer yeast.

I also do a 52 deg protein rest for 20 min with all my beers these days and this is really helping with haze.... except if i no chill or use 2 kg of hops :)

cheers

Latest posts

Back