Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yo Mick - a lager malt bill, lager mash with dry-enzyme, lager hop schedule but ... US05 ...the batch was split and one was dry-hopped with barbe rouge, just carbing up now
it was an experiment where I imagined having my own brewpub and would have to make something for the aussie lager/dry swillers, I'll bring a couple of bottles of each to the case swap

Rye pale ale - Mosaic and a touch of centennial in the cube, no dry hop.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1495864976.216007.jpg

Growler, a Citra-hopped pilsner, from Brewdog's DIYDog101 PDF
Nicely balanced with citra playing well with malts and pilsner style. a bit more yellow gold than the photo suggests

PR1 - Requirements for reading.jpg

2cranky said:
attachicon.gif
7891CE8C-902A-47D9-A306-90589ACF40AC.JPG
Session IPA 4.5%
I know IPAs are usually heavier but I wanted a slightly lighter IPA yet still big hops and bitterness. 59 IBUs
Turned out ok, seems to have mellowed a bit since kegging a few weeks ago. I need to learn to age them
Really clean finish which makes it easy to put a few away.
Amarillo, Cascade, Galaxy

Going to have a go at a session IPA myself , interested to see what mash temps ect were

1495952031260.jpg
Dortmunder​ Export. Mostly BB pale with a handful of Munich I. Tettanger and hallertauer to around 30 IBU with 34/70. Not your classic dry lager, but an enjoyable Euro lager which I reckon is worth the brewing effort.

TheWiggman said:
attachicon.gif
1495952031260.jpg
Dortmunder​ Export. Mostly BB pale with a handful of Munich I. Tettanger and hallertauer to around 30 IBU with 34/70. Not your classic dry lager, but an enjoyable Euro lager which I reckon is worth the brewing effort.
Great photo, I'm counting down to the end of working all weekend and that's making me thirsty.

This is only half a glass because the ******* keg blew out but I've been loving it.
Morgan's QLD lager with a tin of malt enhancer dry hopped with Cluster flowers, POR and Tett pellets.
Brewed as a lager with O2,cold crashing and shit. Too easy.

image.jpg

Pratty1 said:
That finish for a session IPA is too dry. Mash at 70c for 45mins and get a final gravity around 1.012.
Dunno mate, it was delicious. I wanted a clean dry finish. To me, too full a body doesn't suit the light ABV. (home brew light)
Besides the cara-pils gives the body a bit of a boost without the cloying finish.

This one is an Old Ale that I brewed for my Apex Club's 1500th dinner meeting in February. I bottled it two weeks prior to the dinner and being 8% ABV it was hard to say how it was going to turn out going into the bottle as the boozy flavours needed time to settle down. I was more than a little nervous as I was giving this beer away to 30 people including the Apex National President, the local mayor and our State MP.

I told everyone to be patient with it and not crack it until the end of May. I kept back half a dozen, for testing purposes you understand. So I cracked this one on the weekend, being that it was the end of May.

Turns out it's the best beer I've ever brewed (notwithstanding my recent Belgian dark strong which hasn't been in bottle long enough to tell). It has lovely roast flavours without being overly heavy and a flavour I'm likening to madeira wine, accompanied by a wonderful alcohol warmth that just sits nicely in the background.

I don't know if it's strictly to style (I used ESB yeast as I had it on hand and wanted some of the flavours that I know this produces), but I know I like it and will brew it again.

The president.jpg

Feedbag barley beer. Malted in the shed at work.

Surprisingly quite drinkable.

Wakitu hops and K97 yeast.

wp_ss_20170603_0002.png

wp_ss_20170603_0004.png

Buckwheat Pale Ale - not a GF beer, just used the buckwheat as an adjunct

med_gallery_7015_1311_238.jpg

Latest posts

Back