Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New World Ale.
I made a personal customize of this style into Beersmith as it will be a go to style for me when brewing.

This new one on tap 20 days from brew day. Its so yummy it blows me away to be the thing I have been trying to find in years of brewing.

Photo no, its hardly worthy its about 17EBC and cloudy. Aroma is beer with extra!, hoppy good. Malt good and with fruitiness.
Flavour Is a cracker.
Like Holy shit! licking your lips afterwards trying to decipher sweet yummy tropical fruit punch but it is Beer! with dry bitterness aftertaste that forces your taste buds and your thirst to try more to quench.

Hops: Victoria (home grown) for bittering.
Mosaic (pellets) with some Cascade flowers for late boil.
Cascade (home grown flowers) with a little Mosaic for Hop Stands.
Pale Malt base with ~24% specialty malts (cant remember right now and details irrelevant for personal preference etc.)

This is the style guideline I came up with as a broad range but for me I will use the kind of ingredients that get tropical punch/cross/ beer flavours but that is not exclusive at all to the flavour profile of this style, :unsure: its just this version etc.

New World Ale guideline: :huh: Its a broad range but in the four ingredient rule of Beer. Malt, Hops, Water, Yeast.
OG = 1.035 - 1.080
FG = 1.004 - 1.016
IBU = 20 - 60
Carbonation = 2.0 - 3.0 Vols
EBC = 10 - 30

This one in my glass is at 4.8% ABV and balanced accordingly as in all the little indicators are close to being inline at the 1/3 range of the profile.

earle said:
Buckwheat Pale Ale - not a GF beer, just used the buckwheat as an adjunct

med_gallery_7015_1311_238.jpg

Mardoo said:
What did the buckwheat bring to it?
I really like the colour of this one but I think its from the malts rather than the buckwheat. The buckwheat has added a bit of a nutty flavour and maybe a bit of a different mouthfeel. Looking forward to sharing and getting some feedback.

Harvest pale ale. Pic from last night, not a sneaky Sunday starter.

1496496925307.jpg

This has dropped so clear it's amazing... Or maybe it's just the first brew for a long while that is either not black, or well dry hopped. The week long stint at 0c might have helped too.

Nice colour from the Munich & crystal, used a whole kilo of my Cascade and Chinook in the 70L brew, with all but 120g at or after 0min. Flavour is intense... just wow.

Got some sunshine last weekend and enjoyed a pint of fresh ale.

Fake Blonde

5.2% and 28ibu

Fermented with W34/70 at 15c

Dry hopped with 5g per Litre 6 hop combo

Yum! Beer.

InstagramCapture_159d4cc1-f6d8-4d18-8cb3-ca764902b239.jpg

some might refer to this pic as looks like swill...and I'd say get with the times, just because it aint your thing, doesn't mean it isn't a thing

it smells great, tastes great and when I look at it I think of juice - so here's to pulpy session IPA's and the many more batches to come

image hosting over 5mb

for someone not fully into stouts, there seems to always be stout on hand here with 40ltrs of RIS and this 20ltr batch. This was a colab brew but maybe I don't treat stouts with enough respect as it seems to come down to, how can I make this a bit different when there's a stout being brewed.

Fermented out with sour cherry funk gigayeast, but it wouldn't have got much sourness as the batch wasn't very acidic. It's interesting though, it smells a little young or tart but has some nice coffee, roasty body with a hint of cherry, not bad, not bad at all and hopefully will give me a good cake for a big sour cherry choc RIS

gotta get up on the roof later this arvo - that should prove interesting at 6.6%

cheers to all the stout fiends out there

upload img

^pity I can't take a decent stout pic haha

the bottle on the bench had warmed up a little and there's def some cherry on the nose

I got those from Peter's of Kensington, also available at Victoria's Basement - about $20 for 4. Or you can get them from craft'd $15 each.
Thanks mate

I don't need more glasses, but want them

Cheers

My American Brown. Lightly based the malt bill around Janets brown. Used fortnight hops late boil and dryhoped with fortnight and centennial. Think some saaz d flowers went in whirlpool too.
Its probably the juicyest beer ive ever tasted. Not as malt forward like i planned but a really good beer. Ill be brewing this again for sure. Maybe back off the hops a little to let all the malt shine through.

Attachments

• 20170613_202942-1.jpg
    20170613_202942-1.jpg
    936.4 KB · Views: 78
20170613_185503.jpg

My first hefeweizen came out pretty well. About 50/50 pilsner and wheat malt with a little acidulated malt to lower the pH. Single bittering addition of hallertau hersbrucker for 20 IBUs and fermented with WB06.

I prefer the banana esters to the clove flavours so I fermented around 20C to try and push that character a bit which seems to have worked well. I also love the thick white head it has after pouring.

Not bad for a first attempt.

image.jpg
Started on this last Sunday morning but couldn't get the photo to load.
Blue Mountains Lager kit dry hopped with POR, Cluster and NB.
We smashed the keg that arvo.

View attachment 106369

My first hefeweizen came out pretty well. About 50/50 pilsner and wheat malt with a little acidulated malt to lower the pH. Single bittering addition of hallertau hersbrucker for 20 IBUs and fermented with WB06.

I prefer the banana esters to the clove flavours so I fermented around 20C to try and push that character a bit which seems to have worked well. I also love the thick white head it has after pouring.

Not bad for a first attempt.

here is a great article for hefeweizen flavours.

http://braumagazin.de/article/brewing-bavarian-weissbier-all-you-ever-wanted-to-know/

Back