Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danwood said:
......cube hopped with Nugget and CTZ.
Are you still trying to finish off those Nugget and CTZ hops we bought and split from Niko's a while back?

Me to - I am on the verge of chucking them if I don't use them soon.

Just did an IPA using Apollo and the CTZ to try and get rid of some of them.

Bitter fermented with Edinburgh ale yeast. Big malt aroma and flavour. Now when I keg my beers I just carb them with bugger all, and when I pour one, I drop the glass right down and let it froth a bit. Low carb, but still get good lacing on a small head. Nice.

Hard to have just one though :)

image.jpg

GrumpyPaul said:
Are you still trying to finish off those Nugget and CTZ hops we bought and split from Niko's a while back?

Me to - I am on the verge of chucking them if I don't use them soon.

Just did an IPA using Apollo and the CTZ to try and get rid of some of them.
Thems the ones, Paul ! I went a bit crazy on hops for a while there. Always been vacced and frozen, so they're not too bad.

I'm only getting new lots from Yob now...and only in smaller packs, so my turn over is quicker.

Cube hopping helps use up older hops too.

Danwood said:
Thems the ones, Paul ! I went a bit crazy on hops for a while there. Always been vacced and frozen, so they're not too bad.

I'm only getting new lots from Yob now...and only in smaller packs, so my turn over is quicker.

Cube hopping helps use up older hops too.
when you by a metric shitload of hops that are 18%AA you dont use a lot in each brew so they last a loooong time don't they.

1502503_10202063236836002_1715487646_n.jpg

A classic "I've got heaps of hops left" APA. Pretty basic recipe, just 5% crystal and some Vienna I believe (brewed it a while back and have no notes nearby).

Threw in some Nelson, Amarillo, Citra, Cascade and Galaxy late and hoped for the best. Dry hopped with Cascade and Citra. It was a VERY easy drinker.

Very heavily dry hopping the cube hopped American Barleywine will thin out the stash quicker than a Columbian on a bender.....

"Shay hello to my lil' fren' "

1402989086651.jpg

mje1980 said:
Bitter fermented with Edinburgh ale yeast. Big malt aroma and flavour. Now when I keg my beers I just carb them with bugger all, and when I pour one, I drop the glass right down and let it froth a bit. Low carb, but still get good lacing on a small head. Nice.

Hard to have just one though :)
Looks nice.

I'm finding the syringe trick for making the creamy head (and low carb) is working a treat.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Looks nice.

I'm finding the syringe trick for making the creamy head (and low carb) is working a treat.
I tried that a couple of weeks ago after reading about it here.Works wonders.Thinking of brewing an ESB soon to put on tap. I have 2 regs so it's not an issue.

Very handy working in a hospital - 20ml syringe is a good size for it.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1403081274.890569.jpg

101 Dark Ale
Marris otter
Light crystal
Dark crystal
Carafa2
Fuggles hops at 60, 20 and 0
Hallertau mit dry hop
Wyeast 1272.

Outstanding drop. Won't last long...

longlostbelgian said:
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1403081274.890569.jpg

101 Dark Ale
Marris otter
Light crystal
Dark crystal
Carafa2
Fuggles hops at 60, 20 and 0
Hallertau mit dry hop
Wyeast 1272.

Outstanding drop. Won't last long...
i've just had a first sip of my ESB with some hallertau dry hop too...and i like it! i was told it's terrible but it really worked well.

sorry. your beer looks amazing too :) just got excited to see another hallertau dry hop

photo copy.JPGMunich Helles,it has been lagering for about 5 weeks now, still a slight haze, but pretty clear really.

Brett porter with rum soaked oak chips and various funky beer dregs.

It's only 2 months old, and being 8.4% I probably shouldn't crack one for at least another 4 months or so but I wanted to try one. It's quite nice, that cherry aroma and flavour up front, and I'm not sure but it's either the dark fruit, or a tiny hint of rum at the finish. I must say it's smoother than I thought for such a big funky beer so young. I'll try to wait til Xmas to try another.

I do believe porter goes well with funk. Some of the porter like roasty flavour seems muted, but there's enough to balance the dry funk. I've got another batch of funky porter going at the moment, with MJ Newcastle and brett c. Glad I did it now :)

image.jpg

barrelsat1.JPG
Saison Noir with Luke.
barrelsat2.JPG
Will filling the octave barrel with Flanders Red.

American pale ale, Pride of ringwood and Cascade to 60IBU delicious, and a frozen cream ale.

IMG_20140622_152110.jpg

US wheat. 50/50 wheat/pils late hopped with cascade and citra and fermented with 1469.

3 days in the keg and already gloriously clear. The picture doesn't do it justice unfortunately.

This keg will not last long.. real quaffable.

#nofilter #nogelatine

1403416502540.jpg

Latest posts

Back