Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rye IPA

Nice bitterness up front. Slight spiciness from the rye. Dry hopped with 3g/l. Going down a treat on a hot day.

ryeipa.jpg

Sorry Brad. Not many good angles to take a picture in my bedroom unless you want to see where the magic happens ;)

Only 2 of the ones in the picture are guitars. The other 2 are ukes, These are my quiet time instruments :kooi:

A Red IPA I brewed back in January. Getting on a bit in age now but it's still a very enjoyable beer.

redipa.jpg

quiet night in, watching some baseball and downing some american cream ales. crystal clear, though the terrible photo doesn't really show this.

trade ale 85
polenta 15
galena @ 60 to 17ibu
1.032 to 1.000 to 4.7% after bottle carb
us05 at 16C and amylase enzyme

slight corn notes in the aftertaste to give it some typical, american, minimal dry lager quality, and it's just spot on. hits the spot on this hot night.

slowpoke (1).jpg

fletcher said:
quiet night in, watching some baseball and downing some american cream ales. crystal clear, though the terrible photo doesn't really show this.

trade ale 85
polenta 15
galena @ 60 to 17ibu
1.032 to 1.000 to 4.7% after bottle carb
us05 at 16C and amylase enzyme

slight corn notes in the aftertaste to give it some typical, american, minimal dry lager quality, and it's just spot on. hits the spot on this hot night.

attachicon.gif
slowpoke (1).jpg
Did you do anything special with the polenta or just throw it straight in the mash?

lukiferj said:
Did you do anything special with the polenta or just throw it straight in the mash?
straight in the mash mate for 90 mins. worked a treat. hit my pre-boil gravity spot on. in beersmith i had it as flaked maize.

lukiferj said:
Nice one mate. Will have to give this a go.
if you like a slam-it-down, cold, bud or coors light kind of beer it's a dead set ringer. i threw a slice of lemon in mine and it was a bloody winner. very minimal taste. went awesome with tacos :)

Always good to have something lighter on tap. As much as I love IPAs and IIPAs, only so many you can slam down :) Good when mates show up too,

Just cracked my first bottle of a porter I brewed based on a recipe from 1834. They knew what they were doing back then, it's incredibly smooth and enjoyable. I kept carbonation on the low side and it's just right.

1834portersmall.jpg

jyo said:
Blonde Ale.
4.500 kg Pilsner (87.04%)
0.400 kg Wheat Malt (7.74%)
0.100 kg Biscuit (1.93%)
0.090 kg Acidulated Malt (1.74%)
0.080 kg Melanoidin (1.55%)

37 gms Styrians @ 60
20 gms Riwaka @ whirlpool

Belgian Ardennes @ 18'

no chill- 22 IBU, 25 Litres, 4.4%

This is my best Blonde to date. Good, grainy maltiness, delicate hopping. Could drink this all day!
1977121_10203517295636814_1957493974_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1977121_10203517295636814_1957493974_n.jpg
How good is ardennes! Love that yeast. Nice work.

English pale with 100% Maris Otter, Bramling Cross and Challenger, 1968 yeast.

Very nice indeed, if I do say so myself....and I do !

Nutty malt, fruity hops (berries of some kind, can't decide which, and a touch of bitter orange). Would be excellent on a beer engine.

Only thing I'll change next time is a longer boil (90mins) and around 3-5% light crystal. I'd like a little caramel in there.

20140323_180443.jpg

fletcher said:
if you like a slam-it-down, cold, bud or coors light kind of beer it's a dead set ringer. i threw a slice of lemon in mine and it was a bloody winner. very minimal taste. went awesome with tacos :)
Nice looking beer there Fletch. What does the Galena bring to the party.
As you know I've done the similar thing with Supar Alpha and Galaxy, but have ordered today the grain and some Galena to have a crack at the real deal.
Very similar bill to yours, just a tad more polenta and a touch of Galaxy and Munich for a little extra malt. Same IBU's.
Beer fridge is full of ales and just smashed out a Double Choc Vanilla Porter this arvo so its time to put the ferment fridge into lager mode for next summer.
Corona
Budvar
Aussie Dry

To keep on topic, slurping on my 'Little Goblin'. Picture a Hobgoblin........mmmmmm

Latest posts

Back