Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D Saaz and Nelson Strong Pils - Was going to be a Knapstein Clone but its not a SMASH.

Crap Photo - Superbly Clean Beer - this was taken the day after kegging - so 9 Day G2B.

IMG_0538.jpg

RM

Special/Best/Premium Bitter - I've said it before, The Highlands is just magic this time of year. With an ESB in one hand and a chicken on the rotissaire, beautiful afternoon weather, where else would I rather be? Rhetorical question... :)
I love the pommie ales this time of year. Malty, deep copper, hint of hop spice, low carbonation, far too morish...

esb2.jpg esb3.jpg

Very similar to the last one I chucked up:
Not really sure what to call this, but it's black with beautiful dark ruby high lights, lots of earth and a hint of citrus on the nose, small dense head that settles to a rich crema over the beer, distinct roast barley followed by a clean sweet citrus with the sweet caramel settling on the tongue. Bitterness level is about that of a pale ale. Low carbonation, drinks very smooth and syrupy. Would pair well with a corned beef ploughmans, which is exactly what I intend to eat right now ;)

tumblr_n2khe5EOCn1to21kpo1_500.jpg

Pu Tao Che Chiew Beer.

This is what might be in the glass, if I could find out more about it. ? I was looking for a place to buy beer (hopefully craft beers) in Bali.

What else but dry stout!
Brewed especially for today. From a pint bottle. 16 degrees. Wonderful.
60% Ale malt
30% flaked barley
10% roast barley
EKG@60 to 30 IBU
4% abv

Was gonna upload a pic but we all know what black looks like.

Not For Horses said:
What else but dry stout!
Brewed especially for today. From a pint bottle. 16 degrees. Wonderful.
60% Ale malt
30% flaked barley
10% roast barley
EKG@60 to 30 IBU
4% abv

Was gonna upload a pic but we all know what black looks like.
without a pic you can't really be drinking it! (lying!) show us :)

More about the glass SWMBO picked up for me
Got a tasty APA in it

post-20253-0-80072400-1395050443_thumb.jpg

Not For Horses said:
Haha ok then!
looks like a ripper. now you've gone and made me thirsty...i didn't get around to making one for this st patties day :(

Didn't get around to making a stout for today, but managed to drag a few mates to an Irish pub, on the way home now...

Not looking forward to a 10hr day tomorrow at work. Local time is after 1am on a school night

Amber Ale (based Smurto's Light Amber)

I used cascade and mosaic for hops, caraaroma instead of carabohemian, London ESB yeast

Great body, flavour and aroma plus low alcohol to boot! Highly sessionable. I can see myself playing with style of beer alot!

DSC00246 2.jpg

Bit of a depature for me doing a light (ish) around 4.5% porter, but man, it's going down easy.
The origional plan involved fruit and all that shit but in the end, just a little cacao at boils end was all. Kegged it, so a little fresh, but added a little vanilla into the bottled overspill. Should be an interesting twist.
Guess I'll be poohing black tomorrow..

DSC_8608_zpse12fe193.jpg

My usual schwarzbier recipe is equal amounts of pils & munich with carafa T2 for colour, but I'd run out of carafa and had to use RB - the end result I would call a schworter.

Inspired by the $5 schooner of holgate chocolate temptress I had with lunch today, I laced the glass with 2 drops of chocolate essence before pouring this schworter. Bloody delicious.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1395399045.272350.jpg

Back