Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mckenry said:
A couple of different pics of my Bo Pils.
Northern Brewer & Saaz to 39IBU.
4.9% ABV
11EBC

attachicon.gif
photo 1.JPG

attachicon.gif
photo 2.JPG
Looks the real deal mckenry. :super: & hope it tastes as good as it looks?
May I ask if you filtered or let sit for a month or two?
I like the nice head. Any clues as to your mash schedule?
Beautiful pics & very nice setup there.

ATKOT my latest Golden ale at 4 weeks. Still half a keg left & much clearer ATM after 4 months of drinking newer beers for various reasons.

PS --- REAL brewers don't need to purchase special glasses to get a decent head on their beers. :lol:

0190 Silver Sands Golden Ale.JPG

TidalPete said:
PS --- REAL brewers don't need to purchase special glasses to get a decent head on their beers. :lol:
More the way the bubbles swirl from the centre of the bottom of the glass Pete. Didn't really look at the head originally.

Cheers

Just a standard old Aussie glass Brad,($1.60 from Ross) some people think a fancy glass improves their beer.
It's in the drinking not the flash arse glass that counts.

batz

bradsbrew said:
More the way the bubbles swirl from the centre of the bottom of the glass Pete. Didn't really look at the head originally.

Cheers
You would say that wouldn't you Brad? You being a new moderator & all. :ph34r:
Anyway, I was just taking the piss & I got a bite. Scratch that, two bites :lol:

Very nice APA, this one got a hammering here last night.

12.jpg

Batz said:
Budvar Lager clone.

Spot on the real thing, not everyones cup of tea but nice after a big one at the cave last night, it's perfect.

Batz
Sounds great - any insight as to what makes a good Budvar clone?

bruce86 said:
its a bit pink in colour bats are you sure its an apa...
I believe it translates to something like, "why do they put the beer on the bottom shelf'?

TidalPete said:
Looks the real deal mckenry. :super: & hope it tastes as good as it looks?
May I ask if you filtered or let sit for a month or two?
I like the nice head. Any clues as to your mash schedule?
Beautiful pics & very nice setup there.

ATKOT my latest Golden ale at 4 weeks. Still half a keg left & much clearer ATM after 4 months of drinking newer beers for various reasons.

Hey TP
Thanks, certainly is a nice beer. Something very satisfying when youve made a good lager. Far harder than a good Ale.
No, that is not filtered. Was about 2 weeks in the keg, thats all.
Mash schedule was mash in at, and hold for 5 mins at 55, ramp to 64, hold for 60mins then mashout at 75 for 10.
I used to filter all my beers , but finding its not really worth it these days. They still clear up in no time.
Your GA looks tidy too. Nice clarity.

mckenry said:
Hey TP
Thanks, certainly is a nice beer. Something very satisfying when youve made a good lager. Far harder than a good Ale.
No, that is not filtered. Was about 2 weeks in the keg, thats all.
Mash schedule was mash in at, and hold for 5 mins at 55, ramp to 64, hold for 60mins then mashout at 75 for 10.
I used to filter all my beers , but finding its not really worth it these days. They still clear up in no time.
Your GA looks tidy too. Nice clarity.
Thanks mckenry. Your beer at two weeks in the keg looks excellent. Gelatine perhaps?
Mash sounds more or less what I do for my ales & lagers except for the Alpha Rest @ 72 that I usually include.
Am at 202 all-grains ATM but no more pics just yet as have been very lax in this regard lately.
Have a filter that has never been used but maybe use it for lagers only one day? Who knows?

Keep on Brewing mckenry! :beerbang:

TidalPete said:
Thanks mckenry. Your beer at two weeks in the keg looks excellent. Gelatine perhaps?
Mash sounds more or less what I do for my ales & lagers except for the Alpha Rest @ 72 that I usually include.
Am at 202 all-grains ATM but no more pics just yet as have been very lax in this regard lately.
Have a filter that has never been used but maybe use it for lagers only one day? Who knows?

Keep on Brewing mckenry! :beerbang:
Yes TP, Gelatin and CC before kegging.

Have got a few all grains under my belt now but just forget to take photos! Anyway I owe both of these to AHB:

Dubbel Trouble (search leffe redeuise on the forum for the recipe)
dt.jpg

Intergalatic Pale Ale (10 Minute IPA with galaxy)
intergalactic.jpg

Hey lads,

Thought I'd commemorate the first two AG brews. Also my first time dry hopping and kegging. I can't upload the pic of the Pale, my computer is screwing me around and I just want to go to bed.

My thoughts...

Wow. Just wow. I can't describe with words just how pleased I am with the results, the flavours are sensational. The Galaxy Pale screams tropical refreshment, my friends and mother couldn't believe I brewed it. Big shout out to the user 'Screwtop' for his support (I had some solventy taste prior to crash chilling, which is completely imperceptible now). Quality on both these brews in incomparable to anything I've done with kits. Kegged beer is the way to go too! The cash I had spent on my setup paid for itself, with the satisfaction of the first sip. But who cares about the money spent? It's all about the quality and flavours.

The Original Porter is beautiful. Big reassuring bitterness from the Galena I used, and the roasted and espresso flavours are so balanced and offer a subtle complexity to the brew. I say this as objective as I can, and believe my opinions would be no different if someone else had brewed this beer :) Cheers to user 'dicko' for his feedback on my first crack (pun intended) at customising a grain bill.

My only concern (or should I say sense of anguish) is that there is only 19 litres of each brew to be drank :p All this reading and dicking about is finally worth it.

2r2y7o1.jpg

A lovely grist I use (tweaked) in a variety of ales...this time a dark saison.

Lovely.

dark sais.png

dark sais 2.png

I'll try making it with the dry Saison yeast next time.

Apple and berry Cider back sweetened with some lemonade (too lazy to take pics)
quite a nice drop

Only 6 AG brews in but this American porter is delicious. Coffee, roasty, chocolatey. Perfect rainy weather beer.

Edit: Added picture the right way round

porter.jpg

Latest posts

Back