Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My latest Hefeweizen.

Brewed the day after Boxing Day, with Beerisyummy assisting.

Didn't taste brilliant at one week, but now, three weeks post bottling, it's come into its own, and I'm enjoying it. Finally I managed to brew a Hefeweizen without excessive clove.
I don't necessarily subscribe to the theory that Hefeweizens should be drunk young and as soon as possible. I've drunk some of mine at up to 6 months post bottling, and they drop brilliantly clear in that time, like a Kristalweizen. They taste just fine at that stage. I've also drunk a Dunkelweizenbock at almost 2 years post bottling, and it was still good and smooth as you'd want it.

IMG_2014.jpg

Bribie G said:
Wells Bombardier mk 2

If I go to Allah tonight I shall be happy. Few virgins wouldn't go astray either.
Half full (I am not a half empty kind of guy) on the left and full to the right. If we go from left to right, as is our custom in Australia, then Praise be to Allah! It would appear to be a glass that refills itself!

Gav80 said:
Wesmalle tripel clone. Couldn't get much closer if you ask me. Only took me 3 goes, they were double batches too! :eek:

attachicon.gif
IMG_0206.jpg
Looks the goods. Got a recipe? 3 x double batches of Tripel sounds like a bit of a plastering :drinks:

Had a few Galaxian Pale Ales with DKS.
galax.JPG
Not bad, so it continues......

That won't end well, Perry.... ;)

My consumption has been kept to a couple of glasses of Hef Leopard this evening, as I am again working at Robina in the morning, and as such, a 4am wakeup awaits as it did this morning....

Bah, double time and the chance of rain again (and in that case, triple time) are the only factors pushing me, gently, toward bed shortly.....

Zzzzzzx

NickB said:

My consumption has been kept to a couple of glasses of Hef Leopard this evening, as I am again working at Robina in the morning, and as such, a 4am wakeup awaits as it did this morning....

Bah, double time and the chance of rain again (and in that case, triple time) are the only factors pushing me, gently, toward bed shortly.....

Zzzzzzx
Don't things change Nickster? Although a humble fitter I got triple time on Sundays plus whatever it was for wet weather. Quadruple time was confined to State elections (Saturdays). OoohhhhhI how I miss those buggers! :p
Are you correcting all those lift outrages I see on Translink Info or are you doing the actual line repair? Just interested. PM me if you're shy.

Just to stay on-topic ----- Really like the look of that beer Winkle. Much better than the dud I'm consuming before replacing it with something better & no, being a tight-arse I haven't considered chucking it. :p
Tell Daz 'Thanks for replying to my PM'. I appreciate it.

No Pete, I'm doing the very reputable task of rebuilding all the tower lights at the Robina Stabling Yard. At least all the towers are now hinged, which means attaching a rope and dropping them down, rebuilding the guts, and putting new lamps in. Much, much nicer than trying to do that off a 10m (thats 30ft for you, Pete!) extension ladder.....

;)

:icon_offtopic:
Thanks for clearing that up Nick.

Similar hinges to those light towers could be channelled into doing the work involved in Squire's 'Stairway to the Stars' MT. The most excellent gravity setup I've come across as yet
Not giving you ideas, Heaven forbid :ph34r: but adding a pump & HEX would be a piece of piss to you with the added advantage of being able to fly-sparge if you want?
With a new house & lots of room, etc I can supply you with all the hinges you will need (toot-toot!). Just ask!

And once again, just to keep on-topic here's my latest Golden Ale + a pic of Stairway to the Stars with MT being emptied (I'm sure Brucie won't mind).

0190 Silver Sands Golden Ale.JPG

post-2137-1172989771_thumb.jpg

NickB said:

Zzzzzzx
Luckly sleep required me to retire early - watch out for gunfighting in the shopping centre down there :ph34r:

Are commercial brews allowed here? Currently drinking a Hitachino Nest Red Rice Ale - best beer new beer I've had in a while - strawberries!!

Phil Mud said:
Are commercial brews allowed here? Currently drinking a Hitachino Nest Red Rice Ale - best beer new beer I've had in a while - strawberries!!
There's another thread for the commercial beers.

goomboogo said:
There's another thread for the commercial beers.
Ahhh, well in that case I've moved on to a saison I made late last year - my first all grain brew & it's almost gone. Wonderfully dry and spicy, but maybe too hoppy and too dark for the style. Very satisfying nevertheless.

A Hitachino Nest White ale inspired brew. I love this commercial beer !

Lots of orange zest and juice, coriander and a touch of nutmeg. Nice dry, slightly tart finish...very refreshing.

DSC04385.JPG

DSC04387.JPG

Coke Is It! American Pale Ale using Coke 'syrup' as an adjunct. Goes OK, although how much the Coke brings is debatable. Full thread link below:

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/69507-using-coke-as-an-adjunct/page-2#entry1001679

8477398963_34ac69d4a3.jpg

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 4.0
Total Grain (kg): 0.520
Total Hops (g): 9.60
Original Gravity (OG): 1.047 (�P): 11.7
Final Gravity (FG): 1.009 (�P): 2.3
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 4.93 %
Colour (SRM): 12.7 (EBC): 25.0
Bitterness (IBU): 31.1 (Average)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 70
Boil Time (Minutes): 60

Grain Bill
----------------
0.380 kg Dry Malt Extract - Light (73.08%)
0.020 kg Crystal 120 (3.85%)
0.020 kg Crystal 30 (3.85%)

Hop Bill
----------------
1.6 g Centennial Pellet (9.7% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (0.4 g/L)
4.0 g Centennial Pellet (9.7% Alpha) @ 20 Minutes (Boil) (1 g/L)
4.0 g Centennial Pellet (9.7% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil) (1 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------
150mL of Coke, reduced down to about 30ml of syrup, added after 6 days in primary

Fermented at 19�C with Safale US-05

Danwood said:
Lots of orange zest and juice, coriander and a touch of nutmeg. Nice dry, slightly tart finish...very refreshing.
How much nutmeg did you put in? I was thinking about adding some to a saison, but would be after a very subtle hint

Phil Mud said:
How much nutmeg did you put in? I was thinking about adding some to a saison, but would be after a very subtle hint
1/2 tsp for a 23l batch...could go more. Maybe up to 1 tsp.

1/2 is very subtle. Start at this, I would suggest.

My Cobbers ESB, bitter, biscuity and has great aroma.
5.6%
Still a little young though... Will clear up a lot more knowing all my other brews.

857578_10151295004339632_1924367674_o.jpeg

I've been moving fencing and gates the last few days, finished this arvo and Far Kin Ale is what's needed.

DSCF3026.JPG

waggastew said:
Coke Is It! American Pale Ale using Coke 'syrup' as an adjunct. Goes OK, although how much the Coke brings is debatable. Full thread link below:

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/69507-using-coke-as-an-adjunct/page-2#entry1001679

8477398963_34ac69d4a3.jpg

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 4.0
Total Grain (kg): 0.520
Total Hops (g): 9.60
Original Gravity (OG): 1.047 (�P): 11.7
Final Gravity (FG): 1.009 (�P): 2.3
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 4.93 %
Colour (SRM): 12.7 (EBC): 25.0
Bitterness (IBU): 31.1 (Average)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 70
Boil Time (Minutes): 60

Grain Bill
----------------
0.380 kg Dry Malt Extract - Light (73.08%)
0.020 kg Crystal 120 (3.85%)
0.020 kg Crystal 30 (3.85%)

Hop Bill
----------------
1.6 g Centennial Pellet (9.7% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (0.4 g/L)
4.0 g Centennial Pellet (9.7% Alpha) @ 20 Minutes (Boil) (1 g/L)
4.0 g Centennial Pellet (9.7% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil) (1 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------
150mL of Coke, reduced down to about 30ml of syrup, added after 6 days in primary

Fermented at 19�C with Safale US-05
That glass should have been placed on a mirror with a credit card.

Latest posts

Back