Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was recently having a discussion as to whether there is enough phosphoric acid in a can of coke to be useful for mash/sparge pH adjustment. Gonna have to give it a try sometime.

jyo said:
That glass should have been placed on a mirror with a credit card.
Would of been a nice touch! Given however that I am a school teacher, and this is a public forum, I have to stick to the straight and narrow.

On my third glass of a Mongrel, pic doesn't do it justice, it has very deep red hue to it. (dark timber background does not help)

1/3 A Lil bit Epic (mid strength Epic Pale Ale)
1/3 MIDAPA (my house mid APA, kind of like a Epic style but not as full on)
1/3 Irish Red

* For those that don't know the term, Mongrel beers are left overs from the fermenters mixed into a common keg.

A nice thick creamy head, quite hoppy on the nose and upfront, finishing of with a nice big malty hit and a balanced bitterness. Reminds me of a White Rabbit Dark Ale on steriods. This is a really nice drop. I'm thinking of making a recipe based on this one.

Pic just does not do it justice.
mongrel.jpg

QldKev

waggastew said:
Would of been a nice touch! Given however that I am a school teacher, and this is a public forum, I have to stick to the straight and narrow.
Haha! I agree. Teachers shouldn't be allowed to show a sense of humour over slightly innapropriate topics in public places :)

I'll be watching your grammar now ;)

I got Gorden Strong's Sweet stout in my glass. I think it's called "headlights on". What a beer it would have been. It stopped at 1030, I decided to carb it and see how it went. The flavour is coffee, chocolate, roast, and to be honest oatmealy....I think thats from the lactose tough. So next one i'll use 1968 and mash at 65. Only because it's got like 20% roast in it and 1kg of laktose. Im also thinking of putting some bacteria in the other keg to eat some dextrins.

QldKev said:
On my third glass of a Mongrel, pic doesn't do it justice, it has very deep red hue to it. (dark timber background does not help)

1/3 Irish Red

* For those that don't know the term, Mongrel beers are left overs from the fermenters mixed into a common keg.

A nice thick creamy head, quite hoppy on the nose and upfront, finishing of with a nice big malty hit and a balanced bitterness. Reminds me of a White Rabbit Dark Ale on steriods. This is a really nice drop. I'm thinking of making a recipe based on this one.

attachicon.gif
mongrel.jpg

QldKev
Wish I could taste that one Kev! Sounds like a ripper.

Danwood said:
A Hitachino Nest White ale inspired brew. I love this commercial beer !

Lots of orange zest and juice, coriander and a touch of nutmeg. Nice dry, slightly tart finish...very refreshing.
6th/25 and 110pts at Beerfest...happy with that !!

A couple of different pics of my Bo Pils.
Northern Brewer & Saaz to 39IBU.
4.9% ABV
11EBC

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

horrible rainy day, drinking up my first, by-myself proper AG BIAB beer, 'fletcher pale ale'

not the best pic, but she's really clear. very happy :)

1361534041.png

QldKev said:

1/3 Irish Red

attachicon.gif
mongrel.jpg

QldKev
Some of my mongrel kegs have been amazing beers, none have been bad beers. I mix whatever comes out the fermenters next, ales, lagers, light, dark and I have never had a beer that's not very drinkable.
I served one up at a swap here once and because of the colour I called it a Porter, brewers loved it. The only sad part is I'm not able to reproduce them.

Batz

A just kegged and carbonated glass of Liquid Lunch APA

BB Pale and Ale malts for the base, and around 9% Dark Crystal.

All Cascade hops throughout.

Nom nom nom

image.jpg

Cheers

NewtownClown said:
Nice job Fletch, perhaps I will get to taste one of these, one day!
definitely mate, two of these have your name on em :)

Budvar Lager clone.

Spot on the real thing, not everyones cup of tea but nice after a big one at the cave last night, it's perfect.

Batz

DSCF3031.JPG

Batz said:
Budvar Lager clone.

Spot on the real thing, not everyones cup of tea but nice after a big one at the cave last night, it's perfect.

Batz
Is that the new headmaster glass? Works well.

bradsbrew said:
Is that the new headmaster glass? Works well.

It is Brad, really liking them and only two broken last night. <_<

Batz

Back