Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the milestone pilsner. this version had pilsner, carapils, saaz to 40 ibu and m84 yeast and was lagered for 8 weeks before opening the keg this weekend in celebration of my son’s 2nd birthday. it was a cracker.

the milestone beer changes style or recipe every re-brew and is brewed whenever my little man reaches a milestone or when we want to celebrate something for him :)

IMG_0183.jpg

Gladfield pils with hal mit to 27 IBU. 62C for 60min, 70C for 10min and mashout. Brewed on the Guten. The 70C for 10min is basically because i forgot how a hochkurz mash goes its prettt dry wich i wanted but lacks some body and head.9 days in the keg so some lagering needed but it wont last with this weather .
20171121_192546.jpg

Must be pilsner season

Jamil's bitburger recipe , I've called mine pimp my pilsner after watching a bit of The Duece recently .
Decided a sneaky sample before cricket training , have some friends over so this will get smashed saturday night no doubt
Kegged about 3 weeks ago and 2nd of my pressure fermented lagers

Pimp My Pilsner1.JPG

Note that the above was straight out of the fermenter too, and the last of the leftovers off the yeast... so the real stuff in the kegs is clearer.

I'm channeling Samuel L Jackson. Trying to keep it PG. My very last bottle of an attempt at a Modus Op Former Tenant Red IPA. Thanks to multiple posters here.

The kids are carrying on and IDGAF!
IMG_3602.JPG

IMG_4920.JPG
Perle 60 mins
Cascade 10mins
Cascade 0 mins
Marris Otter
Munich 1
Carra Munuch 11
Pale wheat
Acid Malt

I've had too many gone too big on pic
Also bad shot beers good though bloody Perle is clean as

A nice SMASH that’s been in the bottle 3 weeks. The 5 litre mini keg didn’t last long... pale ale malt and cascade. Bitter, good body, slightest hoppy flavour hit on the back of the palate. That White Labs WLP001 is bloody impressive. Anyway, what else could I do on a wet Friday afternoon in Melbourne? :) cheers all. Have a top weekend!
IMG_4567.jpg

Idaho 7 APA/session IPA or something? tasting spot on now at about a 5 or 6 weeks old. The bitterness was a bit harsh at first but it has settled in to a really nice beer. A bit of tropical and grapefruit. I dont get the black tea that i heard some say it has but then i have a pretty shit pallet [emoji16]
20171201_160611.jpg

WP_20171203_14_35_42_Pro.jpg
Munich Helles #2

easy simple lager, very slight sweetness in the finish which wasn't the plan. i changed the mash from #1 @ 63c for 90mins to 64c for 75mins and my final gravity went from 1006 to 1008. This style shows that fg difference in the finish with no hops to hide behind.

100% (light) Munich lager. Saaz to 30 IBU. I had it in the cube for way longer than it should have been but it still came out OK. Very malty as you'd expect but it only went in the keg yesterday. Needs a a touch more carbing and a few weeks more but it's surprisingly balanced. Not a malt bomb. There's still a nice bitterness on the finish but not too much. Should be nice for Xmas.
IMG_20171211_155155.jpg

Mosaic Pilsner

5.5% and 34ibu ( check BS2.0 and abv was higher )

100% JW Pils and W34/70 fermented at 9c under 12psi pressure, lagered for 21days.

90min Magnum, 30min Mosaic, 10m Mosaic

WP_20171215_17_38_22_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Another year, another patersbier. Did this with BB pale instead of the usual Bestmalz and must say it's just not as good. Cloudy for some reason. Hard to believe a subtle difference like a Pils malt would have such an impact on how it tastes, but there you go. Still better that most macro tap offerings anyway.
IMG_20171217_140919.jpg

Back