Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a night off the turps tonight but this thread isn't helping

^^ They look and sound delicious :icon_drool2:

latest hefeweizen. stoked with this one, great hints of banana, nice fluffy dense head.

photo_1.JPG

photo_2.JPG

ESB with 100% Golden Promise and 360 gms caramelised date syrup, 1469, Williamette and EKG. So very happy with this beer. This keg is not going to last long at all......

Tell us more about the date syrup. Does it have a noticeable impact on the flavour?

very nice jyo!

I must pop in for a pint when my partner visits her sister around the corner....

You're more than welcome to, mate!

Tell us more about the date syrup. Does it have a noticeable impact on the flavour?

Definitely. I liken it to a similar effect of caramelising wort, but with some subtle date esters. It's not overpowering at all. I still have a heap of GP left so next time I'm going to try 500gms.

Cheers.

l.jpg

Cascade Chinooking out of the Galaxy

A tip of the hat to Lord Goomba using what I had on hand. The rye in this beer is :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

l.jpg

Celebrating a win over Geelong with a fresh 12th Rising. My hoppiest beer yet.

Sour Choc Orange Belgian Ale
Sour Orange juice, dark chocolate.
2 years old now and still plenty of sourness. (bottle conditioned beer got a little shaken up, hence the slight muddiness...)
View attachment 52961

saison with a truckload of wai-iti hops fermented with wlp566

IMG_3937.JPG

Hibiscus Ale or "The Salmon Hunter" as i like to call it.

Pils, ale and wheat malts, Citra hops and hibiscus at flame out, fermented with 3726 FHA..... its tart, fruity, dry and rather interesting.

And the pics dont do the colour justice...... its a deep pinky red with a pink head!

not a session beer but quite enjoyable in the heat i must say,

HibiscusAle1.jpg

HibiscusAle2.jpg

hmm looks interesting tony. if I am up that way before you drink it all I would like to try it. I wouldnt mind putting something like that down would prob bottle as I only have 2 kegs and its a beer that wont be drunk all at once by the sounds.

Kelb... it wont go fast.....i want to see how it changes over time, and as i said..... its not a session beer. Your welcome to come try it.

Its not perfect, but it is a good showcase of how the Hibiscus changes the beer.

no worries, always good to see what you have on tap. I just brew beers I can drink all day every day. I want to get few more kegs set up but may be a while yet. Need to find another job first before I think about anything like that.

A lager recipe, last cube of 4, so brewed with some coopers re-cultured yeast...

Still taste like a coopers...

NB @ 60 and 10..

Clean drinking! - [BTW - Didn't filter this thing and seems to be clearer than one I did... hmm...]

IMG_3249.JPG

Edit: HA!

Thats a better photo of it. Would look awesome without the computer there.

Back