Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flibbertypuk EIPA

Flibberty_Puck_EIPA__380x640_.jpg

That looks grouse! How old and whats its abv Brad?

Only about 6 months i think? About 7.5%

The EIPA above it was about 8%.

Just about to crack a small bottle of my 13.5% Imperial Porter over 2 years old that one.

happy new year Rowsta

Cheers

Only about 6 months i think? About 7.5%

The EIPA above it was about 8%.

Just about to crack a small bottle of my 13.5% Imperial Porter over 2 years old that one.

happy new year Rowsta

Cheers

Hope 2012 is a good one for you and yours mate. Have got my hands on about 60 glass tallies. My to brew list for early 2012 is some big beers to store away for special occassions. Does the alcohol take over in that Porter?

Hope 2012 is a good one for you and yours mate. Have got my hands on about 60 glass tallies. My to brew list for early 2012 is some big beers to store away for special occassions. Does the alcohol take over in that Porter?
Alcohol is well hidden in the beer but it does take over my brain. A tally of it and a recliner with some zep playing would be a good way of not quite seeing the new year in.

Cheers

Jeepers! this is like the lonely guys thread on New Years Eve.Bahaha!

Suits me. I couldn't stand another, waiting around some family party, kiss the aunties, wait till midnight so we could leave asap. Not being able to have a beer because of driving.
Much prefer a few good beers , relax, have another beer, banter with HBers (and as it happens yes Brad a bit of Led Zep ATM, cool !)
HNY!
Daz

Edit: Should have mentioned as per " whats in the glass thread"as to be on topic. My first go at Perle hops, APA. Piney and potent. Very nice will use again.Hic!

I was half way through a boil when this happened. I know, it's very soft, but it's New Years, so I'm allowed to be.

APA

109_1122.JPG

Is there any way we can work this out .... :unsure:

You should have seen me by myself, flitting around in the backyard, chasing butterflies, splashing beer everywhere. The missus was spewing that her knickers were soaked in pale ale, but, meh, get over it. :ph34r:

Cunny funt!

All the best for 2012 ya c&nt!

:party:

First beer of the year and I think it's a ripper. An APA with centennial and amarillo

bef9f361.jpg

DSCN3315.JPG

Aussie pale ale

60% pale
40% munich attempt (roasted pale ale in the oven for 1hr at 125*c)

por for bittering and some cube hopping.

bitterness was 30ibu, sg 1048, fg 1007
Fermented with recultured coopers yeast at ~17*c
Very nice easy drinking beer

My first crack at a Belgian Wit, though only 30% unmalted grain. I threw in two cracked cardamom pods at flameout and it has worked really well. Subtle lemon. The wife is asking for one (a Wit that is) every night <_<

109_1231.JPG

APA. A bit of a dare from NickJD. I pitched this onto a yeast cake of Wy 1762 Belgian Abbey Ale II @ 17'. Man this has worked surprisingly well.

109_1246.JPG

Back