Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First AG Beer.

Very simple so I couldn't ruin it really. As predicted pretty unexciting as far as taste but still great to know I made it from grains!

gallery_11944_690_92064.jpg

It's actually lighter in colour and has some chill haze. (I Let the beer warm up and it was brighter and clearer!)

Well.............. have a frikkin look at it! Way better looking than my first Ag beer. Now, get Brewing!!!!!

Cheers,

Screwy

First AG Beer.

Very simple so I couldn't ruin it really. As predicted pretty unexciting as far as taste but still great to know I made it from grains!

gallery_11944_690_92064.jpg

It's actually lighter in colour and has some chill haze. (I Let the beer warm up and it was brighter and clearer!)

Whoohoo! Well done Rider Looks great. Process must have some credibility yeh? Next batch have a lash at something you really like or want to try. Onya
Daz

I wont give too much away as i plan on putting one in a comp lol. But it was a 3 hop mix, and i used a wheat yeast.

awww bugger it, Ill post my recipe in the DB. Its def worth a crack if you have the patience.

I was going to say........... DUDE......... i doubt many will even make it and although it may be a tops beer.......... and im sure it is ( i want a taste) it wont be to any style for competition anyway.

10 points for making such a difficult beer. If im feeling brave and have all day, i mash with Rye. Its not something you use if your in a hurry!

cheers

I was going to say........... DUDE......... i doubt many will even make it and although it may be a tops beer.......... and im sure it is ( i want a taste) it wont be to any style for competition anyway.

10 points for making such a difficult beer. If im feeling brave and have all day, i mash with Rye. Its not something you use if your in a hurry!

cheers

he has got me thinking of doing another 100% rye though :eek: :icon_cheers:

cheers

he has got me thinking of doing another 100% rye though :eek: :icon_cheers:

cheers

Me too yardy. :icon_cheers:
I knew I had a pic of that 51% rye Roggenbier around somewhere. :icon_drool2:
0118_Red_Rider_2_Roggenbier.JPG

Whilst I'm here I may as well post a pic of my first attempt at a Vanilla Mocha Porter which turned out quite well but I'll up the vanilla a fraction next time around.
0126_Hey__Vanilla_Mocha__Porter.JPG

TP

Looks nice Pete.
I'm swilling down a few Bisayan Maputi's - a wit beer infused with Pandan leaves, ginger and Calamansi (Philippine lime). I don't have any idea why its dropped so clear but its drinking damm fine.
bisayan.jpg

Edit: thanks to Fourstar for the concept, picked up a HC in the QABC :icon_cheers:

Looks nice Pete.
I'm swilling down a few Bisayan Maputi's - a wit beer infused with Pandan leaves, ginger and Calamansi (Philippine lime). I don't have any idea why its dropped so clear but its drinking damm fine.
View attachment 41046

Pandan leaves Perry? Please enlighten?
Lots of pandanus up here but it can't be that easy can it? :blink:
And to keep this thread on topic here is my RFC Aussie Bitter at 5 months. :icon_drool2:
5_month_old_RFC_Aussie_Bitter.JPG

TP

PS --- Forgot to give your beer a wrap mate. :icon_cheers: What sort of ginger? root, ground, whatever?

Different species to our pandanus Pete, you might score some in asian supermarkets. Ginger root mate, beaten to death naturally. Now off to watch footy.

Me too yardy. :icon_cheers:
I knew I had a pic of that 51% rye Roggenbier around somewhere. :icon_drool2:
View attachment 41044

Whilst I'm here I may as well post a pic of my first attempt at a Vanilla Mocha Porter which turned out quite well but I'll up the vanilla a fraction next time around.
View attachment 41045

TP

Looks nice Pete, have made a couple of beers with Vanilla. Would wait for a few weeks before adding more. After some conditioning the flavour seems to increase a little. Nothing worse than too much vanilla, better off being a subdued component.

Screwy

Looks nice Pete, have made a couple of beers with Vanilla. Would wait for a few weeks before adding more. After some conditioning the flavour seems to increase a little. Nothing worse than too much vanilla, better off being a subdued component.

Screwy

Thanks Screwy. Just cracked the keg & it's a touch under two months old with 30ml Queen vanilla extract added to secondary & tasting nice ATM.
Must try to get some of that FNQ vanilla with a big hint to Ned if he plans coming down our way soon? :)
Will we be seeing you over for a tasting soon?

TP

And yet another what with the NRL half-time almost up.
If I can't make it to the Brissy German Club Oktoberfest then my Ockerfest will have to suffice. Not that I'm complaining (Much). ;)
0119_Ockerfest_Oktoberfest.JPG

TP

OMG is that DIRT on your driveway??? :eek:

Another good looking beer Pete, I might need a taster of that one. ;)

And yet another what with the NRL halt-time almost up.
If I can't make it to the Brissy German Club Oktoberfest then my Ockerfest will have to suffice. Not that I'm complaining (Much). ;)
View attachment 41048

TP

Looks good Pete, I have one that's been in the keg (cc-ing) for around 4 months now, time I poured myself a sample. Oh I think there maybe a leaf on your driveway, RHS down the front.

Batz

weisenbock

Its taken a couple months for all the clove to really smooth out. Decoction mashed, 3068, smells like weihenstephaner, tasted like Schneider. Its 8.something% and very smooth.

It was suposed to be a Vitus clone but ended up tasting nothing like it. Got to love the difference the mash can have on these wheat yeasts hey :)

Weissenbock1248x1872.jpg

Well.............. have a frikkin look at it! Way better looking than my first Ag beer. Now, get Brewing!!!!!
Cheers,
Screwy

Will have a fresh batch in each fermenter by Sunday! Already got the recipes and ingredients prepared!

Whoohoo! Well done Rider Looks great. Process must have some credibility yeh? Next batch have a lash at something you really like or want to try. Onya
Daz

Cheers mate! :) Next 2 will be my own creations. A late hopped and punchy APA with Galaxy. And a American Brown coloured with Carared & Caraaroma and plenty of Cascade and Simcoe!

LCBA clone....again. Thanks, Tony, you da man.
103_1160.JPG

This is how the Bright Ale used to taste when it was first brewed.

103_1163.JPG
And in the awakening Cascades hop garden.

Back