Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr Smurto's Golden Ale Clone recipe. My first brew that someone said "wow this is great" and went back for more. Coincidently it was my first brew that I used temp control, cold conditioning, good yeast and unhopped extract. ;)

IMG_0027.jpg

Moving away from the dangerous ABV beer and on to a saison stout.
View attachment 40550
Too strong for a dry stout, too thin for a oatmeal stout, not big enough to be a RIS, so I guess its a strong stout but quite dry and dangerously drinkable.
Going down a treat with a sharp vintage cheese and homemade pickled onions :icon_drool2: .

Looks very tasty Perry!

Was umming and arrring as to wether I'd pop in and say hello on the way past this afternoon. The traffic decided that was a bad idea.... :( In hindsight, probably a good thing - we all know what happens when I pop in to your place for 'just a minute'....ahem.....

Holding off on my first beer of the evening until I go and pick SWMBO up from her dinner with the girls.... :(

Cheers!

Looks very tasty Perry!

Was umming and arrring as to wether I'd pop in and say hello on the way past this afternoon. The traffic decided that was a bad idea.... :( In hindsight, probably a good thing - we all know what happens when I pop in to your place for 'just a minute'....ahem.....

Holding off on my first beer of the evening until I go and pick SWMBO up from her dinner with the girls.... :(

Cheers!

A couple of Galaxy IIPAs and you'd be driving like Sterling Moss :icon_cheers:
Damm, I should have entered this stout in QABC :angry:
After a few weeks its hit the sweet spot.

Never mind what's in the glass.
What's in the forty?

MaltLiquorMedium.jpg

Midnight Train high gravity American Malt Liquor

Rooms to let 50 cents
No phone no pool no pets..........

..... third boxcar Midnight Train
destination Bangor, Maine

Jeez it actually tastes very drinkable - smooth as a baby's bum, but it's hammered me after just half of a forty so far in 10 minutes. I should point out as well that this stuff is illegal in several states of the USA :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
What's in the forty?

MaltLiquorMedium.jpg

Rooms to let 50 cents

Jeez it actually tastes very drinkable - smooth as a baby's bum, but it's hammered me after just half of a forty so far in 10 minutes. I should point out as well that this stuff is illegal in several states of the USA :blink:

:lol: haha gold! Cant believe you actually thing it tastes drinkable tho, I tried some malt liquor in the states and couldnt bear it!

:lol: haha gold! Cant believe you actually thing it tastes drinkable tho, I tried some malt liquor in the states and couldnt bear it!

I guess I put in way too much real malt and overhopped it to buggery (20g Chinook 60 mins :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )
Hey maybe I've invented a new style: Premium Gold American Malt Liquor. I wonder if Bud would be interested?

:icon_cheers:

I guess I put in way too much real malt and overhopped it to buggery (20g Chinook 60 mins :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )
Hey maybe I've invented a new style: Premium Gold American Malt Liquor. I wonder if Bud would be interested?

:icon_cheers:

Scruffy has a lot to answer for :p .

What's in the forty?

Rooms to let 50 cents

Did you pour one to the kerb?

Kegged this one on Tuesday night. Used the Brad'O'Filter71 for about 6 pints and its now pouring quite nice. May bring a bottle to the next Babbs but I doubt it will last. Malty

Best Bitter

P1040493.JPG

P1040496.JPG

I've tried all of his single hop IPA beers, but this was new to me: Mikkeller Yeast Series - this one a US Ale yeast example.

Quite cloudy, very hoppy - big nose, very bitter, very very tasty! My guess, cascade and some other type of hop.

2010-09-09161211.jpg

More Mikkeller, this time the Mikkeller 10. All of the 10 hop varieties that he was using in his single hop IPAs, rolled into one IPA. Quite tasty, but not as complex as I figured it would be with the 10 hops. Nice beer.

2010-09-09183936.jpg

More Mikkeller, this time the Mikkeller 10. All of the 10 hop varieties that he was using in his single hop IPAs, rolled into one IPA. Quite tasty, but not as complex as I figured it would be with the 10 hops. Nice beer.

2010-09-09183936.jpg

Are you getting these from a bottle shop in Brissy?

My White Chocolate Wit Bier.

20100910whitechocolatewitbier.jpg

Carbonation is still light on, it's only been in the keg for a couple of days, but it's got an interesting combination of flavours, and a higher than required alcohol content. It ended up at 1.010, so that puts it in the 8%+ category according to Beersmiths crunching of the numbers from the recipe:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...mp;#entry629841

Awsome looking beer!

was it worth all the work? I bet it was :)

cheers and keep em coming!

nice APA Outbreak, there's nothing like your own B)

Vienna(didn't have any munich)Dunkel

000_0023.jpg

Dave

It finally came good ! This is the Aussie Pale Ale where I used 300g of white flour for the wheat component and it's taken a month to clear out, but turned out ultra smooth, and how about that bloody head, it just sits there like a meringue :eek:

AussiePale2Medium.jpg

It came mid field in the Pale Ales in the QABC and was narrowly pipped by my own Cream Ale :p

Latest posts

Back