Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what's about to start going in the glass
View attachment 14920
Love the Edel-Weisse :D
Geez that bottlo behind the pub in North Adelaide is deadly isn't it? If i was into pommy beers i'd be broke!

Tangent you are a man after my own heart.
There is nothing in that pic that's not in my top 20

By now though I guess they are gone...

sw2.jpg

Weissbier made with a ND wort kit (sadly no 'window' for AG brewing lately) with new Weizen dried yeast.

I am currently addicted to this stuff. Temporary help is at hand, though...I'm almost out. :(

sw2.jpg

Weissbier made with a ND wort kit (sadly no 'window' for AG brewing lately) with new Weizen dried yeast.

I am currently addicted to this stuff. Temporary help is at hand, though...I'm almost out. :(

Nice looking driving range you have there Geoffi.

And beer.

Nice looking brew and glassware there Geoffi! I'm about to try my hand at a kit Weissbier with the new wheat yeast. any more info you can pass on about what you used?

Cheers

This Saison is now 11 months old and starting to get to a point were its not so over the top and drinkable.

IMG_1648.JPG

Nice looking brew and glassware there Geoffi! I'm about to try my hand at a kit Weissbier with the new wheat yeast. any more info you can pass on about what you used?

Cheers

This one couldn't be easier. Just one of the ND Hefeweizen wort kits. Fermented at about 21c with the Craftbrewer Weizen yeast (rehydrated in some wort before pitching). About 10 days in primary, then bottled. Next one I will give a spell in secondary, or maybe just bung the fermenter in the fridge for a day or so just to reduce the amount of sediment. Not that it's a big issue with this style, but there is just a bit more than I'd like. Diluted with 3 litres water at bottling (plus priming sugar).

I've also made several of these using the 3kg ESB paint-tin kits, with excellent results. But I'd go the wort kit if you can get one.

Yeast is the key. A month ago I would have said forget dry yeast and go for liquid, but this new one is superb. Absolutely spot-on flavours and aromas.

hooked up my keg of weissebier thisarvo to run out a glass and make sure its palatabe for family and friends for oktoberfest.

If it doesnt taste, smell and look like a $6 bottle of genuine german juice then i dont know what does.

It needs a bit more gas so i put it in back in the firment fridge and jacked the pressure up over night to carb it some more.

It poured with a nice head but i couldnt wait to try it before i found the camera. it laced all the way down :D

After drinking a bottle of genuine weienstephener weissbier last week, all this needs is half the pils dropped for some munich...... the rest is spot on.

very happy.

another batch is bubbling away that was decoction mashed with zwickels ferrel acid rest ( :blink: ) so will be interesting to see the difference. It has a bit of dark munick in there too.

cheers

IMG_3466.jpg

Tony

Any chance you could brew something that I could actually pronounce ;)

Thats looks fantastic Tony. Weiss are definitely my favourite beers :beerbang:
eric

tonight had Stusters Beir De Garde from the nsw jul xmas swap. strong copper colour, malty, a bit chewy & caramelly but still nice :p

thanks stu

stuster_beirdegarde1.jpg

Here is a preview of my contribution to the Christmas Case p***up at Sqyres ---- a quick pic of my Black Stump Bitter Aussie Ale which is, if I may be permitted to say so, my best Aussie Bitter yet. I love that CL270 yeast which sadly is now in it's 3rd generation but seems to have no problems yet (fingers crossed) with no fresh supplies to come by.
IMG_0394.JPG
It's a well-worn clich I know, but the pic really does not do justice to the clarity.

:beer:

here is one with a bit more head

cheers

IMG_3475__380_x_570_.jpg

how does it stay in the glass :p

must have mashed a bit high

sounds great other than the "C" word. not happy with my LCBA with the NZ cascade. It (the cascade) sticks out like a sore thumb and im not a fan of it actually

looks great too.

cheers

Pilsner... it could be clearer :p

IMG_1656.JPG

the heads a bit hazy Jye.

have you tried polyclar?

cheers

Maybe a few months of lagering will clear it up.

Polywhat??? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back