Commercial Glass Inquiry - Seeking Expert Opinions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starcmr

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I'm currently involved in a commercial project that involves extensive glass usage, and I'm facing a few challenges. I'd appreciate any insights or advice from those experienced in commercial glass installations.

Specifically, I'm curious about optimal glass types for storefronts, considering factors like durability, energy efficiency, and aesthetics. Are there any innovative technologies or recent trends in commercial glass that I should be aware of?

Your expertise is invaluable, and I look forward to learning from your experiences. Feel free to share any recommendations or lessons learned in the realm of commercial glass.

Commercial beer in pint glasses or pots? Or do people drink schooners where you live? Then again nothing wrong with beer in glass bottles.

The shaker pint is pretty durable, but the aesthetics are shit. You can stack them so maybe there is energy efficiency gained somewhere in that regard. If you don't brand them they likely won't get stolen, so that's a positive.

Sounds like your talking about glass window shop fronts, not drinking glasses?

I'd recommend clear acrylic (Plexiglass), Lexan of some form of ballistic glass over regular 'shatters into spiky razor shards of death' type glass.

As a pedestrian who has, on occasion, staggered or been wrestled into his share of conventional storefronts due to the impaired motor skills and horseplay associated with a night on the tiles, I've been extremely fortunate to avoid the generally life threatening blood loss associated with major arterial severing after crashing through a Best & Less window with a kebab in one hand and a mates collar in the other.

Hollywood has once again lead us astray. One does not simply, bear down, grimace and extract a family pizza slice sized wedge of glass from ones thigh and carry on.
It's certainly not like the movies!

Acrylic sheet also has the added advantage of a 'rebound' given its superb elastic deformation properties and will likely ricochet the hapless punter away from the shop and harms way instead of them writhing about screaming in gore-soup of blood, glass, dismembered mannequins and ladies casual wear.

Hope this helps!

A professional opinion from a professional:

The glazing will come down to the following requirements/limitations -
  • Architectural intent.
  • Performance requirement (acoustic, thermal, security if applicable).
  • Cost.
There are certainly "best practice" design and construction methodologies that are developed around the architectural intent.

I'd be happy to have a chat with him if you can privately send him my contact details.

How do I do that? Phone No?

I'd be happy to have a chat with him if you can privately send him my contact details.

How do I do that? Phone No?

Well I'd like to see the public convo but if you must

Click his username then 'start conversation'

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240117_204843_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240117_204843_Chrome.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back