Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kolsch 1 for 2007.

Looks top notch... did you filter it or just give it a good lagering?

Got one on the go now using 2565, seems like a nice yeast, shame it doesn't flocc very well compared to WLP029. Top cropped a bit of it last night, might build some up on my new stirplate...

Duff and Bindi, two great looking beers there, I wish I could try them.
How the hell do you take a pic of your beer without all the condensation clouding up your glass? Even though my beers are crystal clear I still can't take a good photo.
Do you pour a warmish beer?
If I pour one from the tap and take a pic it looks like this
Roqueforte_018.jpg
sort of a misty look.
What are your secrets?

Cheers
Andrew

Hint: Don't use the camera flash ;)

You'll notice the best pics are taken outside in full daylight or inside where there is a very good/strong light source :beer:

PZ.

How the hell do you take a pic of your beer without all the condensation clouding up your glass? Even though my beers are crystal clear I still can't take a good photo.
View attachment 11438
sort of a misty look.
What are your secrets?

Cheers
Andrew

Wipe off the condensation

View attachment 11438
sort of a misty look.
What are your secrets?

Cheers
Andrew

Andrew,
I know exactly what you mean. I have overcome it by sprouting a third arm specifically grown for this purpose. No, it has no other uses.

Edit: What I mean is the 3rd hand wipes the glass while hand 1 & 2 look after the shot.

Peter

View attachment 11438
sort of a misty look.
What are your secrets?

Cheers
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I just pour, walk out the back and take a piccy. Take it in natural light for the best result. They are cold, I drink it straight away :beerbang:

Cheers.

Duff,
That's lovely. I can almost taste it. When? Hint..hint...hint...

Bindi,
That's a pretty colour. I am chasing something like that. How did you get it?

Andrew,
Just to show you that it doesn't all come out beer & skittles, here's a picture of a technically flawed beer. 'scuse the backyard.

Img_1307_resized.jpg

1.045 45IBU Strong Pale Ale - no 3rd hand applied :) .

What went wrong?
Water adjustment at pre-boil (I NEVER do this....what posessed me!) without due consideration to pre-boil boil pH. Couple that with a medium floc. yeast in poor condition (old White Lab Prem. Bitter) - whallah!

If you filter, then it really doesn't matter if you $%ck up or not.
Personally I prefer to learn how to do it right, and consequently when you stuff up, you pay the price.
That's how it is. Moral to the story.....do it the way you have been doing it. Don't be silly & ignore what you've learnt. That's not for you, that''s a reminder for me!

That said, the combo of Brambling Cross, Amarillo, Northdown, Challenger & 3 plugs of Goldings @ flameout are starting to endear themselves to me (with eyes shut) :)

Peter

PS: Yes, it's a badly washed glass as well! :-()

No need for a comment on this one. :p

Image115.jpg

carried over from the blonde thread.
here is my current drinking "bright" ale....
coupla angles of the same nectar.

IMGP4223RS.JPG

IMGP4225RS.JPG

KoNG

Oatmeal Stout, roasty and so smooth and only 6.1% :p Nice easy drinker.

That looks excellent bindi :beerbang: ,I'll love to try one of those mate....now where's that sword ? :lol: :lol:

Batz

That looks excellent bindi :beerbang: ,I'll love to try one of those mate....now where's that sword ? :lol: :lol:
Batz
The 2 swords [Cutlasses ] are safe behind the bar and out of harms [confused] way :D .
'Old Mate' next door loved it but liked it more as a black and tan with the wheat, not a mix I would think of but is very nice when I tried it, don't worry Batz,you can't taste the wheat for the roasty stout. True.

Some nice looking didgeridoo's there Bindi :beerbang:

Wish I could play mine :lol:

My excuse is that I'm lacking the bee's wax.

Good looking beer by the way B)

Cheers.

Cheers.

If anyone can play a dideridoo bindi can,I was very impressed.

Batz

An Amber ale, my first AG batch from September. I coloured it with roast malt and used too much, so it's at the "dark ruby" side of the spectrum. It's a bit more chewy than I was aiming for as well. It's still a good drop for what it is, though. It's much better now than it was after two months. It gets a fantastic long lasting head too. :D

IMG_2954.JPG

Cheers.

Off topic but fun. Here are some of my 13 Yadaki/Muhggool [Didgeridoo] that have found me over time, some old 'sticks' here and some very special.
Next year I have been playing 50 yrs.
Sorry for the hijack. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back