Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roger....
that candle has a head...!!! wheres the wick.? :p

Roger....
that candle has a head...!!! wheres the wick.? :p

Ok Ok

1. There is at least 50M between my fridge an my Camera Room - and 2 sips (thats where the head went)
2. It was dark - the first picture was crap - looked like a stout
3. The backlight is provided by my LED Lenser Fishing headlamp - the best Xmas present ever

The colour as it comes through in the 'Candle Shot' is quite close.

The head will come - always does with mine - this was only force carbed an hour ago.

Im happy

RM

It makes it off the hizzle :lol:

Did you use it for brewing or just filtering?

Only filtering at this point - the rest of my operation uses gravity.

Keen to set up a hopback though - so will get used on the hot side at some point.

Who needs a March pump - pah!

RM

iagree.gif

Warren -

Hefe becoming a Krystal [it won't make it] as the keg gets low, tastes great.

LCBA Clone as per the recipe in the Recipes section. Thanks Tony.

Except - I added a bit of Caramel Wheat - cos I can. So its a bit more golden than the original.

But what made this beer special - is that it was the first made with my New Peristaltic Pump.

If AG is the dark side - what does that make AG WITH a Peristalic Pump? Im a believer.

RM

Edit - Spelling

were you happy with the recipe roger?

let us know what you thought.

It was a sad day when my keg ran out.

cheers

The last glass of DC rye IPA :( A bit flat because I was half way through filling a bottle.

IMG_0966.jpg

Just sampled a couple of the 100% wheat beer.
Bottled last saturday and coming along fine. If you like wheats I highly recommend it. Crisp and fresh with a fairly dry finish.

Noice

Good to see you tried it,and glad u liked it.

I sampled one with Roach,and he liked it as well.Just thought it lacked some body.

I've only got one long neck left
disappointed000.gif

Here is my belgian pale ale i have on tap at the moment.

I will stick the recipe in hte datadase later on

cheers

were you happy with the recipe roger?

let us know what you thought.

It was a sad day when my keg ran out.

cheers

On the whole - yes. Very easy to drink like you said.

I'm not sure that if I made it again I would used the Acidulated Malt - my version is quite 'tangy' - a bit sharp.

But as of today I am off to the UK for 6 weeks - so we will see a) how much is left when I get back and B) what 6 weeks cc does to it.

Would certainly make it again though - with tweaks.

RM

I Only use the acidulated in very pale beers because my water is super soft. It seems to help with clarity and efficiency..

i didnt want to harden the water. I wanted it to be soft and easy to drink.

cheers and glad you liked it :)

My brother had his birthday last weekend and I put a few kegs of "Dirty Ringwood Blonde" ale on for him.
The recipe is 90% pale, 8% wheat and 2% caramel malt's at mash out with 1 hit of POR @ 60 min to reach about mid 20's IBU.

As his guest's arrived they were greeted with a 1/4 yard glass.
Made for a very entertaining afternoon :party: and a few sore heads the next day.

I have put a few pics in the gallery. The best time was about 20 seconds before the glass was smashed and they moved on to a flower vase.

- Luke

gallery_1194_110_36789.jpg

My first No Chill.
Bavarian Weizen. 50% Pils, 50% Wheat. WLP300.
Super weizen beer.

Doc

BavarianWeizen_001__Large_.jpg

It's great hey Doc?
No chill allows me to brew two brews instead of one on brew nights.

Of course will are all going to die of the black plague or some such evil

View attachment 11626

Batz

My first No Chill.
Bavarian Weizen. 50% Pils, 50% Wheat. WLP300.
Super weizen beer.

Doc
Oh so nice B) Give me that beer, well done Doc, it HAS TO taste as good as it looks.

Me, I had a [so called, and still is :unsure: ] mate over to re wire something for me [he has the tickets etc] and he put a large hole in my Hefe, a true XXXX and VB etc drinker and could not stop when he tasted the Weizen, I tried to give him a stout or a Belgian and said " No! Give me more of that!" It's cheaper to get a 'sparky' in, true!. :blink:

Also I was going to post a photo of a Red Beer but it is CLOUDY, Oh no, my first cloudy one for "yonks" BUT the taste is SOOOO good, it does not have to be clear to be good beer, I will close my eyes and enjoy.

It's great hey Doc?

Certainly is. Have brewed the last 4 weekends in a row. This weekend is looking like number 5 :p
All no chill.

Oh so nice B) Give me that beer, well done Doc, it HAS TO taste as good as it looks.

This was a big test for me for NC. 50% Pils in a NC beer. It has come out great. One of the best Weizens I've ever brewed. Two pints and it is pouring clear too.

Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back