Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Largely happy with the results for this semester that that were released today so it seemed just as good an excuse as any.

Rodenbach2009.jpg

Pic does not do the beer justice at all. Neither could my description. Lovely stuff.

Largely happy with the results for this semester that that were released today so it seemed just as good an excuse as any.

Rodenbach2009.jpg

Pic does not do the beer justice at all. Neither could my description. Lovely stuff.
Hell, I need to get some :icon_drool2:

Go a bargain(least i think it was)Woolworth's had choc hops $8 for a 4 pack.their expire date is march 2013

Woolworths affiliates must have an oversupply of this as I purchased a carton for around $20 - 25 from BWS Yamba around May this year.

It is a nice beer, but as my tastebuds recall, the initial release from the Easter before was better (and came in a 700ml bottle rather than the 330's).

Over the last few days:

Burleigh Brewing FIGJAM IPA - Nice lighter style, good balance of hops and smooth/slick malt. Almost sessionable

Endeavour Hop Vintage 2012 - Pale Ale with definite hop presence. Maybe a little thin.......

Mountain Goat IPA - Yummy. These boys brew good beer

Stew

Temple Oatmeal Stout - This will be read as a criticism, it is not: if you took Abbotsford Invalid Stout, dialed up the chocolate in the aroma and the filled out the mouthfeel a touch then you'd have this beer. Lingers on the palate a bit longer which is good. A little more bitter. Nice beer.

Couldn't agree more. Shared a bottle of the '07 a couple of months ago. Awesome beer. Couldn't believe it when I saw 10 on a shelf in a supermarket in Wellington. So hard to find in Aus.

Had this in the fridge for the last 14 months or so...last luggage beer.

All I can say is, its absolute bliss.
Pic_1128_012.jpg

Found this at Uncle dan's today. Nice drop! Maybe Kooinda's is slightly better?
PS. A bit out of focus, it's from Mountain Goat.

What did this Black IPA set you back? Have not seen this in DM's I have visited.

Kicking back with a Fersty Ferret nice Dorset summer ale. Then had my first Kooinda black IPA, wow what a drop. Having a Samuel Adams summer ale as i type. Very refreshing citrusy wheat ale. And have a Punk IPA from Scotland waiting in the fridge. Mmmmm.

Prickly Moses Tailpipe Brown Ale - Had I not read the label I'd have thought this was a nice enough beer (tailpipe/brown juxtaposition notwithstanding - good work, non-existent marketing department!). But I did read the label. They are clearly aiming for an American Brown. Either me or or this brewery has NO ******* CLUE what an American Brown should taste like. I'll bet my balls it is them.

Nice beer but is so far out of style that I don't even know how to finish this sentence.

[Edit: typo]

I'm too tired and tipsy to accurately describe this, but it is delicious and sour. Like granny underpants plus spice cupboard and lemon juice.

20121201_192847.jpg

View attachment 59042
Not sure why all the bad feed back , I really like this beer , even after uncle dan has had his way with it ! I would put it up there with the best of what Aussie craftiest are brewing :)

I had one on tap that was completely undrinkable, at least that looks ok.

Latest posts

Back