Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Je-vi-etz porter ;) couldn't leave dans without a 6 pack of this.

ZHoJf.jpg

IMG_1597_zps4c182b7a.jpg

Noice. Not nearly as sour as I thought it might be. Didn't put the glass in the picture much because I f**ked the pour and got a bunch of yeast/bugs in the mug. Finished the mowing and settled down with this. EXCELLENT mowing beer.

I'm just finishing off an Epic "Hop Zombie".
I have man flu (a cold) so sense of smell and taste aren't at their best, given that. I could still smell and taste this beer, and will try it again when I am unclogged.
What I could smell and taste of it I liked. Apart from that, it had some white head, little lacing, bright clarity and a pale golden colour.
mmmmm

Green Flash 30th Street Pale Ale. Coming in at 6%.

Piney, grassy and citrusy. A great combination for me. The best comparison I can make to the Imperial IPA i had last night would be - Having the Imperial IPA is like drinking cordial straight from the bottle, awesome in small doses. This is like strong diluted cordial that you could drink all day.

Will g great with the pork rack I have on the kamado.

IMG_20120922_161425.jpg

How good was that 30th Street. I loved it. Wish we could have had more then one keg :(

Had a Gage Roads Punkin Ale last night. What a waste of time. Very disapointing.

SWMBO and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in Sydney this weekend and managed to sneak in a few beers along the way. (Apologies in advance for the phone pics)

The first three were from The Pumphouse Darling Harbour :-

gallery_7556_905_111652.jpg

Doctor's Orders Prescription 12 - Belgian Dark IPA

gallery_7556_905_39725.jpg

Feral Hop Hog IPA

gallery_7556_905_24755.jpg

Last of the Hop Hog plus 2 testers. The one on the left was the Pumphouse 1891 Honey Porter and the right was a Mikkeller (can't remember the exact name but it was a smokey chilli porter so I'm guessing) Texas Ranger (Chipotle Porter)

Then later that night we ended up at Red Oak:-

gallery_7556_905_14171.jpg

A tester of the Hefeweizen and Weizen Dopplebock

Then I had 6 or so more testers consisting of Pilsener, Lager, Bock, ESB, Pale Ale and Strong Ale.

gallery_7556_905_44477.jpg

SWMBO called last drinks so I thought I'd end the night with a stein of Hefeweizen. :beerbang:

red donkey from Santorini really good . very similar to a sierra nevada .

IMG_1780.JPG

Was on a sydney crawl aswell but didnt make it to red oak or pump house :(

View attachment 57422
how good is murrys at manly !! paddle of punch n judy,big wednesday,icon2ipa,libertine.
View attachment 57423
Big wednesday ipa was very nice n fresh .
sydney_weekend_22.09.12_501__480x640_.jpg
then round the corner to 4 pines for a dopple bock mmmm bloody great spot too!!
sydney_weekend_22.09.12_540__480x640_.jpg
then back over to harts pub for a paddle of rocks' brewing ,
sydney_weekend_22.09.12_541__480x640_.jpg
then down the way to lord nelson !! mmmm Blood hahahaha
then ferry to balmain for dinner at dicks, then bus to china town for more beer in a few pubs watching the footy !
sydney is such a nice city to visit .

sydney_weekend_22.09.12_553.JPG

Duvel Tripel Hop

cita, saaz saaz, styrian golding dry hopped with citra
9.5% alc/vol

'Every year, our Duvel brewers select a different third hops variety for the Tripel Hop. The result is a richer taste pallet, extra hops aroma and increased bitterness strength'

quite a nice refreshing beer for such high alcohol , it is freaken de-lish :icon_drool2:

No pics but im drinking Hook Norton Pale ale again. I've had it not long ago and loved it. Having it again, and again, i really like it. Love to brew something similar. Love to know how the UK lads get sooooo much character in a beer, but still be reasonably medium bodied ( enough to be sessionable ).

Sierra navada Kelllerweis. Lovely drop. I had a Franziskaner Heffe. SN is smoother more balanced and less of a pain to pour than the German equivalent. Quiet surprised really but both don't come close to the red wheat recipe I go out of the WHEAT book...not by a long shot.

DSC_0148.JPG
DSC_0146.JPG

View attachment 57427

Duvel Tripel Hop

cita, saaz saaz, styrian golding dry hopped with citra
9.5% alc/vol

'Every year, our Duvel brewers select a different third hops variety for the Tripel Hop. The result is a richer taste pallet, extra hops aroma and increased bitterness strength'

quite a nice refreshing beer for such high alcohol , it is freaken de-lish :icon_drool2:

where did that come from?

Murrays

Retro Rocket Ale - At the other end of the spectrum, i cant believe this beer is only 2.8%abv.
It punches well above its weight in terms of flavour and mouth feel.
Id love to be able to brew a light beer half as good!
Their advertising is correct in saying that it is Australia's smallest IPA.

We produce a 2.6% IPA (Zythos Lite) & a Simcoe version about to be released as well, so not totally correct B)

Cheers Ross

Back