Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will be some Duvel Triple Hop available in November, Sinkas ;)

28tl6o8.jpg

nice fruit flavour.would buy again..Go storm..

Give me a heads up when you find stuff like this FFS.
RL Final tomorrow BTW?

ps: I really enjoyed that MS gueuze when one appeared here

Hey man....
some mates i was telling you about finally decided to turn up :rolleyes:
yey_001.JPG

Southern_Hemisphere_Harvest.jpg

2012 Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Harvest. Very kind donation from waggastew.

Dragged the image from the web, but we all know and understand Sierra Nevada. T'was quicker to do it this way on a lazy Sunday afternoon. than to shoot and post my own image.

Definitely fits the AIPA mould. Colour is light amber, dense 1 cm rocky head which lasts. Body is only light to medium. Malt flavour is only light, some initial sweetness which quickly disappears under the onslaught of a multitude of hop characters, piney, resiny, citrussy. The finish is all hop bitterness.

It's an interesting drink, but I feel it's let down by too little malt presence to balance the hops. I think I can brew, and have brewed, better balanced AIPAs.
Still, I won't be too critical, at least it's a drink with character and flavour.
And, on a Sunday afternoon, I'm never one to complain about a beer with character.

All hail the Swans from yesterday, fantastic result, and one I expected. No team with adult and baby poo colours for their outfit deserves to win.
I'll be doing my best to ignore the thugby league contest this afternoon.

Did the thousand steps a couple of times in Ferntree Gully this morning so I thought I deserved a treat !

'Hud-a-wa'....strong, hoppy amber ale.

Nice and malty, toffee, not roasty at all, very smooth.

Strong hop presence to balance the big malts and the 6.8Abv is very well hidden.

Great beer...might follow it with the Red Rackham...can't decide if I worked that hard though ? ;)

Mate brought these over for the AFL GF on saturday, up the Swannies!!

4 Pines Pale Ale

IBU - 35
ABV - 5.1%

Taste great!

4pines_Pale_Ale.JPG

The other night I had these two:
I'm sure most of you are familiar with this one:
EPICHopZombie.jpg

But you might not have tried this. I have had some average beers from this brewery, but this one was great. As always, awesome label.
BeerHereExecutionerIPA.jpg

Last night my keg blew, and due to a lack of base malt and general slackness I didn't have anything quite ready to fill one with. (Tomorrow I will filter an APA that fermented for 18 days and has had 4 days CC'ing)
Good excuse to grab a bottle I'd been sitting on for a while.
BogedalNo233.jpg

Mmmm.
A complex malt driven beastie with some good yeast flavours too. There are hops, but they are just there to balance things and don't dominate at all. It's a bit like a Chimay yellow, and a bit like a rochefort 8. Very drinkable! All gone now, but I have 5 more 9of it's stablemates to enjoy. :)

Bottle of this after a busy day chasing the kids around the backyard (not my photo)

Heretic%20Brewing%20Evil%20Twin.JPG

Brewed in April so I was expecting some hop fade but I was VERY impressed with this beer (obviously well looked after by Phoenix and Platinum). Lots of hop flavour and aroma, but not super bitter. Lots of complex dark malt flavours but dry, easy to drink, with no one malt flavour dominating.

This beer is to me a perfect example of how to balance a beer. Big up to Jamil, the boy can brew!

Definitely recommend to all, well worth the price. This is why I still try commercials when I can get my hands on good ones. After a run of 'meh' IPA's (EPIC Hop Zombie that I swear had a Brett infection, Green Flash West Coast IPA that was solid but not mind blowing) its nice to be inspired.

Stew

Spend a pleasant lunch hour at the Red Duck Provedore in Camperdown on Saturday.

Came away with a mixed 6-pack of goodies, including this one...

20121001_211534.jpg

First ever braggot. Wow! Big honey aroma, and you can taste the rich, wild honey in the flavour, but it's balanced by hop flavour and bitterness. Definitely not a quaffer, but put it in a snifter with yourself in a comfy chair next to a contemplative open fire and you've got yourself a match.

First ever braggot. Will not be my last.

Schneider's Tap 1 "Meine Blonde Weiss"
tap_1.JPG
Big dense head that hung around for ever, highly carbonated, Big banana and clove aroma with some vanilla and a touch of bubblegum as well. Even had a hint of sourness in the finish - quite a lot to like in this one.
(Please excuse the slightly pissed quality of the phone shot)

Had this today to celebrate my birthday and the local homebrew shop lasting a year .

i understand it's called blood,sweat and tears. almost 8.5% Seriously full on porter lots of black currant and berry flavours. Had to have a nap after it.

CAM00034.jpg

CAM00036.jpg

CAM00035.jpg

Bottle of this after a busy day chasing the kids around the backyard (not my photo)

Heretic%20Brewing%20Evil%20Twin.JPG

Brewed in April so I was expecting some hop fade but I was VERY impressed with this beer (obviously well looked after by Phoenix and Platinum). Lots of hop flavour and aroma, but not super bitter. Lots of complex dark malt flavours but dry, easy to drink, with no one malt flavour dominating.

This beer is to me a perfect example of how to balance a beer. Big up to Jamil, the boy can brew!

Definitely recommend to all, well worth the price. This is why I still try commercials when I can get my hands on good ones. After a run of 'meh' IPA's (EPIC Hop Zombie that I swear had a Brett infection, Green Flash West Coast IPA that was solid but not mind blowing) its nice to be inspired.

Stew
I had an EvilTwin two Fridays ago, I was so impressed I emailed JZ for the recipe and I brewed it on the Tuesday. I'll keg it tomorrow. The original is the best beer I've had in years, shame about the price.

I had an EvilTwin two Fridays ago, I was so impressed I emailed JZ for the recipe and I brewed it on the Tuesday. I'll keg it tomorrow. The original is the best beer I've had in years, shame about the price.

Make sure you report back on how it goes, and if its a good result, the recipe!

:icon_offtopic:
Is the recipe he sent you the same as the one on his site here? http://www.mrmalty.com/late_hopping.php
I am planning on brewing this soon. It's a great beer.

Back