Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not currently in the glass, but was Saturday night

20121006_202448.jpg

Aroma: alcohol, sherry and port aromas. Some spice smell that I just can't put my finger on.
Appearance: black and opaque. Dark tan head hangs around for a while but leaves a ring on the top.
Flavor: big plum, prune and dark fruits, roasty undertones, a bite from the alcohol. Not super smooth, but would need, and benefit from a couple of years cellaring. Can still taste it minutes after last sip.
Overall: Soooo much beer in just one bottle. This is one that really should be shared, but I manned up, and "tortured" myself through the whole bottle singlehandedly. Excellent, excellent beer, would buy again, but at that price it will need to wait until the next big-year birthday comes around.

friday_12.11.12_013__960x1280_.jpg friday_12.11.12_015__960x1280_.jpg

shmalts brewing company ripa 10% hubba hubba hubba doink
just buy it and drink it :icon_drool2: your soul will thankyou

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn_001.JPG

web speil :A remarkable fully fermented beer with a sharp bouquet. Matured naturally for two years in oak casks
Rodenbach Grand Cru is matured naturally in the silent, endless, cool cellars, full of oak casks.
It is brewed from pure, natural products according to an unchanging tradition, and above all with the patience of a saint.
Rodenbach Grand Cru is an extra-fermented beer. Those who drink Rodenbach Grand Cru discover how good beer can be.
For that is the brewer's craft.
Rodenbach Grand Cru is a fully fermented beer
with a full flavour - not surprisingly strong, but with a gentle but sharp bouquet.

my speil : very surprised , dark n rich colour, very fruity aroma n taste , tart n trim n as yum as a quim :p

edit : oh yeah and its fully fully fermented bro fully ,

fully

catholic beer is good too

nnnnnnnnnnnnmmmmmmmmmmmmmm_002.JPG

some say a lot sure , this is still a mighty fine example of funky monk spunk :)

Just got back from a few days in Launceston and found myself at Crown Cellars a couple of times - would easily have to be the best dive-through bottle-o in the country. Picked up Moylan's Orange and Black (pretty different but pretty nice) and Tipperary Pale Ale (much more floral than expected but a very good beer), Amager Bryghus Wookie IPA (one of the most repugnant beers that I've never tipped), Haand Bryggeriet Dobble Dose (always a lovely beer), Epic Message in a Bottle (nice enough but fairly forgettable), Thornbridge Jaipur IPA (very rindy), Kissmeyer West Coast Pale Ale (really good beer but not sure they nailed the style). Also had a Boags Wizard Smith at dinner one night - would definitely be my go-to sixer if they were available here. If based purely on the malt side of things, you'd never guess it was a mega - hopping on the other hand...

Just got back from a few days in Launceston and found myself at Crown Cellars a couple of times - would easily have to be the best dive-through bottle-o in the country. Picked up Moylan's Orange and Black (pretty different but pretty nice) and Tipperary Pale Ale (much more floral than expected but a very good beer), Amager Bryghus Wookie IPA (one of the most repugnant beers that I've never tipped), Haand Bryggeriet Dobble Dose (always a lovely beer), Epic Message in a Bottle (nice enough but fairly forgettable), Thornbridge Jaipur IPA (very rindy), Kissmeyer West Coast Pale Ale (really good beer but not sure they nailed the style). Also had a Boags Wizard Smith at dinner one night - would definitely be my go-to sixer if they were available here. If based purely on the malt side of things, you'd never guess it was a mega - hopping on the other hand...

'Tis a quality bottlo. A week later and you'd have been around for the first (insert witty acronym) brewers Oktoberfest function. Funnily enough a few of the staff from that bottle shop are coming along.

wells-banana-bread-beer1.jpg
D

Mmm banana bread, I actually really enjoy the flavour. Nice and malty with banana hints

A week later and you'd have been around for the first (insert witty acronym) brewers Oktoberfest function. Funnily enough a few of the staff from that bottle shop are coming along.
Not sure how that might have gone over with SWMBO since the trip was her 30th birthday present. "Just ducking out to drink with some dudes from the internet, love..."

The blokes behind the jump that I spoke to seemed pretty cool. Both gave me the +10 bottle discount even though I never bought more than 4 at once.

[EDIT: The internets ate some of my post]

I've been lucky enough to acquire some nice beers this past week from friends returning from the States back home to NZ.

One of my friends has a mate who works at Odell's in CO. He bought be back a couple of their beers plus a sweet Odell's t shirt.

2012-10-13173903.jpg

Left to Right;

Lagunitas Maximus - have had this a couple times before - one of my favourites
Beer Republic Racer 5 - another real favourite, awesome C hop beer
Ballast Point Big Eye - lovely beer, was prob not as fresh as the last one I had.
PLINY THE ELDER - havent had this yet. Will be savouring it on Thursday night, the night before we fly out on holiday to the sunshine coast. Really looking forward to this beer. Super excited about it, especially that it was bottled on the 1st of October, so is only 2 week's old and was looked after when travelling back to NZ - so will be FRESH!
Odell's St Lupulin Extra Pale Ale - Was probably the oldest of all the beers I tried, had really faded aroma and flavour - nothing like it is fresh at the brewery apparently
Odell's IPA - A very good, well balanced IPA, with good juicy hops
Great Divide Rumble - Oak Aged IPA - This was my favourite of the 6 beers I had on the weekend. The oak flavours really lent well to this hoppy IPA. Nice flavours/aromas of Oak, Vanilla and a bit of smoke coming through the citrus hops. Lovely beer and has inspired me to make an Oaked IPA

So super excited to drink the Pliny on Thursday - I hope it lives up to its reputation.

Oh, and have a friend returning from the UK in November, who is bringing back a mixed case of Westvletern including a few 12's... B)

Just cracked a 1999 grande reserve Chimay blue after finishing building the new deck.
Brillant. The only issue is I'm sharing 1.5L between 5 people :(

351462D9-4FCB-47FB-B35B-DC5334E9D97E-1564-000001CD4910CDDB.jpg

9950402F-77E6-4BD0-A64F-32D2C677B478-1564-000001CD5B47694F.jpg

Can't make any of the events for Sydney Craft Beer Week, so I'm having my own event.
Delicious so far...

Let us know what you reckon of the Wookee IPA when you have it.

Haven't read anyone else's opinion of it yet and my own feels were...quite strong.

This is the 2nd bottle of Wookiee I have bought.
2 reasons.
1, I really, really like it. For my personal tastes its right up there.
2, It has the same name as our new puppy.

Meet Wookiee...

8CA873E6-B966-410A-AB54-0754B7094F7D-1564-000001DA2F8A8603.jpg

This is the 2nd bottle of Wookiee I have bought.
2 reasons.
1, I really, really like it. For my personal tastes its right up there.
2, It has the same name as our new puppy.

Meet Wookiee...

8CA873E6-B966-410A-AB54-0754B7094F7D-1564-000001DA2F8A8603.jpg

What type of dog?

Back