Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in the trend of non photo !?!

had one of those 'befor the dawn mountain goat little ditty's last saturday night while camping on main beach straddie,

while the good ol abc was belting out the rugby !

was a very nice black ipa , very nice , would recomend + a +1 on the whole aussie craft buying thingy :rolleyes:

I love everything about the Mountain Goat Rare Breeds. The idea and ethos, the label design, the bottle design, and of course the beer which is always worth drinking. I'm glad they're around.

I had this at the Munich Airport. The bartender said it was brewed on site. I dont know if that meant at the airport or near the airport or just a bull s**t storey he tells people.

IMG_0915.JPG

Huh. Funny old world, innit?

I'll tell you a story that you can read or ignore at your leisure: I've only bought one bottle of it before and after the bottle had been run through the register the retailer give me the one eye-brow and asks me if I've had it before. I had not. He says something along the lines of "An interesting(his emphasis) beer that one. I got notes of blue cheese from it."

I can't say I got blue cheese but after I got used to the initial citrus rindiness of it I did detect hints of warm sick. Maybe they just got a really shitty batch. I'll try again in future if I see it down the track.

4DDAEB47-2B91-4951-A250-315087EF1068-3099-000003F079C7010A.jpg

Another tasty bottle. HUGE grapefruit rind, very resinous and very bitter.
Could probably do with a bit more malt character to balance it all out, but I'll still take it just as it is.

No spew or cheese to be found. You must have just had a dud.

I'm guessing the shop may have gotten a box of duds (given the bloke behind the jump's reaction to it).

Definitely wasn't the power of suggestion - the beer you describe sounds up my alley but the beer I had was very hard work - I even had to take a break and have a different beer in the middle. Nor am I keen to blame the shop's handling - I got several other bottle conditioned beers and they were all in top nick.

Tonight im drinking beers i've had before though i don't normally drink, but what the hey!?

Erdinger Dunkelweizen

Franziskaner dunkelweizen

Weihenstephan Dunkelweizen

Bit of a theme haha

beeerrrrrrrr_001.JPG

st feuillien belgian abbey ale blonde 7.5 %

quite nice, got a blonde, bruin , tripel and a glass from the new dans at strathpine for about $25 :D

your royal bumness
Fairly amusing since you're being the princess here. Was just a joke about how hard pretty much every word in those beers is to spell.

I'll try to refrain from talking up your sensitive vagina anymore, ma'am.

Went up north the other week, and took a detour via Warners Bay 'for a couple of nice takeaways'. When the Mrs said it was her shout, and to get as many as my little beery heart desired, this was what we walked out with.

Beer.jpg

From left to right:

Prickly Moses Summer Ale (Australia)
Mash Collective Amasia Rumweizen (Australia)
Stone & Wood Jasper Ale (Australia)
Nogno O Pale Ale (Norway)
Moa Five Hop Winter Ale (New Zealand)
KJD Brewing Chocolate Cherry Porter (New Zealand)
Green Flash West Coast IPA (USA)
Rogue Oatmeal Stout (USA)
Ganko Oyaji Barley Wine (Japan)
Kooinda Black IPA (Australia)
Kooinda English Red Ale (Australia)
Kooinda Milk Porter (Australia)
Delerium Tremens Strong Golden Ale (Belgium)

Multiples of same were omitted from photograph.

Latest posts

Back