Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough, I'll definitely be keeping an ear to the ground for that one.

It won't be here anytime soon as a container just landed in Aus. A bit annoying, since I just did a huge order to come over to Perth of new Epic stock (the new single hop is here, at least).

I would give it 2 months before it lands, maybe? It's a bit weird though, since the old website said Hop Zombie wasn't coming out until 2013.

Rochefort 10 tonight. Plums, raisins, candi sugar. A little too sweet for me. Didn't have a Belgian beer glass, so wine glass it was

9bcc213f.jpg

Archive
2 Birds - Sunset Red
2 Birds - Golden Ale
Lord Nelson - IPA

Brisbane Brew House
Bauchus - Falconers Flight IPA
BBH - Black India Ale - Beer of the night!!!

That Jamil guy sure knows how to brew a beer.

20120713_202950.jpg

Had one of these last week, best IIPA I've had to date. And I've my fair share :icon_drool2: Didn't think I'd come across a better IPA than Moylans Hopsickle so soon

It's a bit weird though, since the old website said Hop Zombie wasn't coming out until 2013.

Unfortunately, the supply of top secret special hops for this highly aromatic beer were exhausted - not only at the brewery but on the whole planet!!

No one had any. Not only had the hops run out, but the next year's crop had also been fully pre-sold. No Hop Zombie until 2013!!! Noooo!!!

The guys at Epic Brewing Company just couldn't accept this. They spent months scouring the earth, trying to find these highly desirable and aromatic hops. A small amount of the elusive hop, grown in Washington state in the USA, was found hiding in a sleepy corner of the UK. They were quickly air freighted (don't tell the bean-counters) to NZ to brew another batch of palate infecting Hop Zombie.

Yes, the rumors are true, Hop Zombie is back!

Archive
2 Birds - Sunset Red
2 Birds - Golden Ale
Lord Nelson - IPA

Brisbane Brew House
Bauchus - Falconers Flight IPA
BBH - Black India Ale - Beer of the night!!!
The Brewhose had a Bacchus beer on tap? Awesome.
I went in last weekend and they had a Mount Tamborine Brewery beer on tap, but I wasn't game to touch it.

Yeah they had MT Black Cockatoo, wasnt game.
They also had Burliegh Pale Ale & LC Long shadow.
Because of beer week I suppose.

Got em in the mail today. I have a batch brewing at the moment so i'll do a side by side see how close I didn't get!

DSC_0001.JPG

current favorites...

Havnt tried the Tall Poppy but I suspect it wont see the day out.. Bless the SWMBO for bringing these delights home for me

Capture.JPG

I am smitten with the Hopwired though it's feckin :icon_drool2:

The Yeasty Boys IPA is also a bit of Nectar

Yob

Tried a bottle of the coopers celebration ale or whatever it is.

YUCK !!

flavorless acrid cardboardy, dusty yuck.

Had a schooner of CPA at the pub today to re focus my love of coopers and it was awesome :)

current favorites...

Havnt tried the Tall Poppy but I suspect it wont see the day out.. Bless the SWMBO for bringing these delights home for me

View attachment 55966

I am smitten with the Hopwired though it's feckin :icon_drool2:

The Yeasty Boys IPA is also a bit of Nectar

Yob

The Yeastie Boys Digital IPA sure cures a hop addiction..LOL
Check the website for recipe info
Cheers

YUCK !!

Had a schooner of CPA at the pub today to re focus my love of coopers and it was awesome :)

Totally agree with your Celebration Ale review, Tony.I got a 6 a few weeks ago and I've only had one since. Just forcing one down now to remind myself.Aside from the oxidised flavours mentioned, I think there's little merit to the beer as a whole.Thin malt profile, only slight hop bitterness, almost no hop aroma and a metallic hint to top it off.For a 150th anniversary 'Celebration' beer....it's not good, to say the least.

Totally agree with your Celebration Ale review, Tony.I got a 6 a few weeks ago and I've only had one since. Just forcing one down now to remind myself.Aside from the oxidised flavours mentioned, I think there's little merit to the beer as a whole.Thin malt profile, only slight hop bitterness, almost no hop aroma and a metallic hint to top it off.For a 150th anniversary 'Celebration' beer....it's not good, to say the least.

Oh good......... i didnt get a bad bottle then.

I have tasted far FAR better K&K homebrew beers.

Pathetic!

I would drink a VB over this, it really kind of offended me that i paid $4 or $5 for the bottle.

2/3 went down the sink

View attachment ballast.bmp

Had one of these from Dan Murphy's. Great IPA, very balanced almost to the point of being malt driven. Goes to show as brewers how out of balance most of our beers are, could drink this all night if given the chance.

Oh good......... i didnt get a bad bottle then.

I have tasted far FAR better K&K homebrew beers.

Pathetic!

I would drink a VB over this, it really kind of offended me that i paid $4 or $5 for the bottle.

2/3 went down the sink

I tried one in a bottle when it came out, and did not find it offensive at all, it just wasn't as hoppy as was hoping, and something I didn't have a reason to purchase again. The 2 I have had on tap have been quite nice, but like the general concensous, not worthy of something to mark 150 years.

View attachment 56057

Gage Roads 'London Best' 4.9 % - 7 different malts + 3 different hops(ekg,mt hood,willamette)
nice colour nice aroma nice flavour nice after taste .
What can i say , its bloody nice ! said on bottle 'its back' but i cant remember it? but i would recomend as a 'nice' uk style bitter
well done gage roads :)

YUCK !!

I'm thinking you had a dodgy bottle, I've drunk a few a of them and got no hints of cardboard or dustiness at all.

Back