Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new IPA is Dead thingo... yum

ED: I am pretty sure if these were analysed, they would be very different measured IBUs to the theory that they are all 75. Either that or it is the cohumulone or beta acids or something else between varieties.

Matso's Smoky Bishop.

I cannot recall - what was the consensus on this one? I know I've read the name a fair bit.

Eh, doesn't matter - it is a dud either way. Complete non-event.

Are you @ Sail Dan? If so a part of me hates you as I cant get down their to taste them all... :p Hope you enjoy them!
No I was not at the Sail, I grabbed the extortionate four pack from Carlisle. I tell you what I am feeling it this morning.

I have a hot HLT for mashing in, and you are really tempting me to bail on the mill-in and just go drink more at the Sail.

I really loved the Challenger and was least impressed by the HBC, it just did not seem to bring anything particularly new to the table for me, I really think it is just like a mix of a couple of currently available US hop cultivars.

ED: Maybe I will just start drinking again and try to get some drunken yard work (primarily chipping wood) done while I brew. Safety first!

Had a pint of Guinness at the pub with lunch today, and its very slowly changing, I'm sure of it.

It was a lot lighter, i could almost see through it (not much darker that Tooheys Old), its lost that bitter roasty bite and gained some wateriness and Carlton yeast flavor and smell.

It was a nice beer, not offensive by any stretch, but it is tending to be more like mega-swill lager darkened by caramel color and a bit more isohop extract.

I drank it and frowned at it, told the publican the beer is not the same any more, his treatment of it was fine, but whoever makes it doesn't do the job properly any more.

He just smiled and nodded, i think he agreed but didn't say

slightly :icon_offtopic: and i don't want to start a discussion on it in this thread, but maybe this has something to do with it:

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2012/06/15/gui...wing-deal/19175

Perhaps a bit of "what do we care about the quality any more" from Fosters group?

Anyway............... i had a coopers and it was great!

Left with a smile :)

Picked up a couple from archive today. In the second pic one is called palate wrecker and the other is a palate wrecker thats been sitting in the fridge a few months now.

2012_07_27_16.01.54__480x640_.jpg

2012_07_27_17.56.25__480x640_.jpg

IMG_9662.JPG

A rare little treat for me.
Just had the Hop Hog, never been able to get hold of it before.
Very nice IPA, loads of aroma and flavour that lasts and lasts! Would not mind being able to replicate hop profile, but for my taste i would have a bit more malt depth and a touch more bitterness.

Ha ha I'm a star! But seriously who drinks beer at - 4c?!

-4 is ok, but im not drinkin that warm crap at -3.9 :p

It has probably been talked about on this thread, but I'll add my 2c anyway.

Just had a Feral Hop Hog IPA. Yummy. Bitter, malty and lots of hoppy fruitiness all balanced quite well. I liked it.

No picture though, sorry.

Its definitely good to see Hop Hog making its way to the East as this is a great beer and a real indication of how things are heading in the West.

It has probably been talked about on this thread, but I'll add my 2c anyway.

Just had a Feral Hop Hog IPA. Yummy. Bitter, malty and lots of hoppy fruitiness all balanced quite well. I liked it.

No picture though, sorry.

I just bought a 4 pack too. We are getting some good beers in the west! West of Brissy that is!

I just bought a 4 pack too. We are getting some good beers in the west! West of Brissy that is!

I'm assuming you bought it from the establishment at Yamanto. I must say, I've never had a bad beer from there like I have from the well known big beverage chain.

I'm assuming you bought it from the establishment at Yamanto. I must say, I've never had a bad beer from there like I have from the well known big beverage chain.

I know the pallet came over cold from Feral. So they are in good nick.

Plenty of alcohol spread across those beers! Crikey.

Hah yes indeed! Prob take me 2 weeks to get through them having a low tolerance for alc, one and i am good for a couple of days :lol:

Really enjoying bigger beers now though, brewing and drinking them, albeit very slowly.

Back