Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brooklyn Brewery East India Pale Ale.
View attachment 49840
Delicious.. :chug:

Oh wow, not what I expected. Big hops aroma so was expecting something quite bitter but it's not, it's quite smooth. After half the glass I can feel the 6.9% on my tongue and throat. Still a great beer I'd drink again happily.

Always wanted to try anything from Dogfish Head...to decide if there beer is just hype or actually really good beer

its definitely a bit of both, not taking anything from the beer itself as it a very well balanced tasty beer, but we as homebrewers are spoilt as we have the means to make tasty beer the norm

Hook Norton Twelve Days - Really liking this one. Not a mind blowing, perspective changing beer but a really enjoyable, simple (not to be taken as entirely lacking complexity) beer. Would love to punch out a batch like this.

This beer was just one of those where you go "Wow that was good".
TasmanRed.jpg

Hop aroma that I can only describe as 'fresh', smells just like packing my home-grown hops when they are in season, never found the same in a beer before.
Malt is perfectly balanced with the high IBU and hopping rate, hints of sweet caramel and roast but nothing overpowering, nor are the hops 'smash you in the face' like some IPA's, ironic that it takes Americans to take our hops and make a great beer out of them (they probably get them cheaper too).

This beer was just one of those where you go "Wow that was good".

Hop aroma that I can only describe as 'fresh', smells just like packing my home-grown hops when they are in season, never found the same in a beer before.
Malt is perfectly balanced with the high IBU and hopping rate, hints of sweet caramel and roast but nothing overpowering, nor are the hops 'smash you in the face' like some IPA's, ironic that it takes Americans to take our hops and make a great beer out of them (they probably get them cheaper too).

Hey Wolfy what hops do they use in this beer ?

Also where did you get it ?

Having suddenly run out of gas again ( must have a "sometimes" leak - that doesn't leak when I go looking with soap and water, or at all for a few months, then empties my cylinder in a day or 2) I have been getting stuck into the Autumn and Winter beermason's packs as well as a few other bits and pieces I had stashed for a rainy day.

The chimay Blue (2010) is ageing well. The 2010 Coopers vintage ale has really improved with a bit of time.
Also these:
BlackHeartWeizen.jpg

Underwhelming. Almost a gusher, maybe OK, but weizens aren't among my fave styles.

BlackHeartpaleale.jpg

From the same makes, a pretty decent English pale ale.

BFMLaCuveeduXIV.jpg

Another wheat, a Weizenbock, and I did enjoy this one. Delicious.

MendocinoBlueheron.jpg

Vert sessionable APA. Nothing outstanding, but I reckon I'd be happy enough to brew it and I reckon anyone who drinks beer (Megaswill) would also be able to enjoy it.

MendocinoBock.jpg

A lager (Bock) with balls! Nice.

MendocinRedtail.jpg

Now you're talking. A lovely amber ale. Great malts well balanced with hops but not dominated by them. Great winter beer.

MendocinoEyeofhawk.jpg

Pick of the bunch from the brewery? American strong ale. Really delicious, great aromas, and visually appealing. Bright, great head, that lasted the whole drink and laced well. Mmmm.

PortBrewingOldViscosity.jpg

A great imperial stout. I liked it a lot. Similar to my house stout, but even bigger mouthfeel, and roastier flavours, and almost double (%10,5abv) the alcohol. A real sipper, perfect on a cold night in front of the fire.

Also these:
BlackHeartWeizen.jpg

Underwhelming. Almost a gusher, maybe OK, but weizens aren't among my fave styles.
This wasn't a good example. Mine was close to an infection of some sort.
I enjoyed the pale though.

Dropped into the pub for lunch and a hand pumped Old Speckled Hen.

Mmmmmm warm flat beer........ what bliss!

OldSpeckledHenhandpumped.jpg

Enjoyed a Feral smoked porter with some flathead fillets, and went home a happy man

Feralsmokedporter.jpg

After the London riots Stella was reduced to 4% and the vast warehouses of the full strength dumped abroad.

slab of 500ml at Dans for 50 bucks.

Pakki bashin time bros

20120716_144628-1.jpg

That Jamil guy sure knows how to brew a beer.

20120713_202950.jpg

I am sipping on one of these now...... and i will say WOW.

I have a green flash Pallet Wrecker last night but this is better.

Better hop aroma
Better Hop flavor
Better balance
Better lingering bitterness
Better malt profile

........... Better burps!!!!!

My new favorite IIPA

Mmmmmm very nice AIPA!

PricklyMosesTheRaconteur1728x1152.jpg
Just finished one here, found the hops harsh and the beer had a metallic-like taste, I'd have preferred more maltyness for the level of hops.
Mine was also decidedly more amber without the reddish-hues shown in your photo, makes me wonder if the recipe has changed.

Dropped into the pub for lunch and a hand pumped Old Speckled Hen.

Mmmmmm warm flat beer........ what bliss!

OldSpeckledHenhandpumped.jpg

Enjoyed a Feral smoked porter with some flathead fillets, and went home a happy man

Feralsmokedporter.jpg
They finally work out how to get the Speckled Hen hooked up to the beer engine at the Albion then?

Hop Zombie is back...

Picked up a few bottles of this yesterday and it was selling pretty quick at my local. Will put a few away, but had a bottle last night.

2012-07-17201755.jpg

And this years batch has glow in the dark labels!!!

2012-07-17185219.jpg

Mmmmm Hops....

Whereabouts did you grab the hop zombie from?

Sorry should have said...Im from NZ

Was released only this week and as mentioned selling quick...Im sure that it will make its way across the ditch however.

Nice new Epicbeer.com website up and running too

Back