Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick motivator before spending the arvo on the end of a rotary hoe.

IMG_0172.jpg

Sadly my dreams of opening a micro brewery called Brewtal Fist have come to an end. I bought this beer because of the name of both the brewery and the beer itself (FEAR, early yankee punk band). How an Italian brewery came up with the name Brew Fist is beyond me but it does smack of a "English is my second language" type thing.

Anyhoo, not a bad beer, very subtle chocolate flavours, even at room temps and a slight milk chocolatey (rather than cocoa) does come through. Bugger all carb, which is fine by me. That head lasted about 13 seconds. Probably not worth the price of admission though, I much prefered last nights Dieu Du Ciel vanilla coffee stout.

Quick motivator before spending the arvo on the end of a rotary hoe.

View attachment 56091

Sadly my dreams of opening a micro brewery called Brewtal Fist have come to an end. I bought this beer because of the name of both the brewery and the beer itself (FEAR, early yankee punk band). How an Italian brewery came up with the name Brew Fist is beyond me but it does smack of a "English is my second language" type thing.

Anyhoo, not a bad beer, very subtle chocolate flavours, even at room temps and a slight milk chocolatey (rather than cocoa) does come through. Bugger all carb, which is fine by me. That head lasted about 13 seconds. Probably not worth the price of admission though, I much prefered last nights Dieu Du Ciel vanilla coffee stout.
Great glass mate!

BTW I think you may see a mob called Brewtal Brewers emerging from the shadows of the Scratch before too long

IMG_9662.JPG

A rare little treat for me.
Just had the Hop Hog, never been able to get hold of it before.
Very nice IPA, loads of aroma and flavour that lasts and lasts! Would not mind being able to replicate hop profile, but for my taste i would have a bit more malt depth and a touch more bitterness.

Working my way through the Hoptimum...

Sticky almost candy like, resinous and herbaceous aroma.

Insane hop flavour that coats inside the mouth, big bitterness kicks in quick and continues into a long dry finish. Plenty of malt / full body to back it all up.
Alcohol is hidden very well at 10.4%, i do get some sweetness from it after a while.
I am pacing myself, but in reality it is quite easy to drink!

Uncommon Brewers Bacon Brown Ale (Brewed with Buckwheat and Bacon!)

Bacon_Brown_Ale.jpg

Dark, with a thick, creamy head. Aroma initially is of dark malt, caramel, and a little bit of smoky bacon character. Body quite full, finishes somewhat dry, but well balanced. Little hop character, and for me, lacks a little bit of the 'bacon' promised. As the beer warmed, a chic-malt character started to become evident. Probably drank this slightly too cold for style.

Overall, a decent beer, but could be a bit more 'bacony'...

Cheers

View attachment 56095

Dark, with a thick, creamy head. Aroma initially is of dark malt, caramel, and a little bit of smoky bacon character. Body quite full, finishes somewhat dry, but well balanced. Little hop character, and for me, lacks a little bit of the 'bacon' promised. As the beer warmed, a chic-malt character started to become evident. Probably drank this slightly too cold for style.

Cheers

Needs more pig ;)

Body quite full, finishes somewhat dry, but well balanced. Little hop character, and for me, lacks a little bit of the 'bacon' promised.
Cheers

Need to get your hands on Vapeur Cochonne from Vapeur. This shit is liquid bacon. The chicory gives it such a meaty bite.

Just finished off enjoying a Westvleteren 8 i brought back from Belgium. I noticed a slight growth on the near the cap. Was quite dryer then normal and had a background cherry flavour. Really delicious. Long live the Belgium bacteria/wild yeast/spontaniosity. Didn't mind it one bit.

Just enjoying a Feral Watermelon Warhead. Nice and refreshing @ 2.9% with decent acidity.

20120728_171403_1.jpg

No I was not at the Sail, I grabbed the extortionate four pack from Carlisle. I tell you what I am feeling it this morning.

I have a hot HLT for mashing in, and you are really tempting me to bail on the mill-in and just go drink more at the Sail.

I really loved the Challenger and was least impressed by the HBC, it just did not seem to bring anything particularly new to the table for me, I really think it is just like a mix of a couple of currently available US hop cultivars.

ED: Maybe I will just start drinking again and try to get some drunken yard work (primarily chipping wood) done while I brew. Safety first!

The HBC seems to stand out more in pint form, and has a really heavy nectarine peach kinda vibe, which does definitely validate it as a single hop. Hell I'd be all over it if I'd bred it.

Man I'm trying to get these under my belt so I can watch the F1... First world problems indeed.

I hope you guys didn't drink much Watermelon Warhead, so there is like 5 kegs for me in a couple of weeks!

I was looking at this thinking, I was at Feral about that time yesterday. Then I noticed something odd.................. I'm in your picture! :eek: hahahahahha

No word of a lie.

Haha what a small world we live in. Don't think we have crossed paths in the WA brewing world but now I know what the back of your head looks like :p

I just can't get enough of my big black chocolate friend. He's big, robust and fills my mouth , but goes down so smoothly.

And by friend I mean Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout, 10%aa. I don't know what you were thinking, sicko.

post_18643_1331890319_thumb.jpg

About half way through this now.

Lives up to its ratings.

Sweet alcohol on the nose and dark chocolate.

Taste is intense at first, sweet molasses, slightly boozy and roasty and big dark bitter chocolate finish.
After some time, letting it breath, can notice how smooth and velvety the overall texture is, big complex chocolate notes.

Good carbonation, well balanced not hard to drink at all.
Pleasant warming sensation lingers with smooth complex choc / coffee flavour. YUM! :icon_cheers:

Drinking a magnum Mikkeller Red and White Christmas

Heaps of citrus hops, akin to a american strong ale. Plenty of rich malt flavours, with a strong, but not overly thick mouthfeel that is a little sweet, but not sickly so.
The beer is spiced, but I am not picking it up. Sure there are hints of Cinnamon, but I feel it is coming elsewhere, not an actual spice addition

I am really enjoying it. The perfect end to a perfect day....
My wife gave birth to a baby girl today...so I am celebrating

01082012451.jpg

Drinking a magnum Mikkeller Red and White Christmas

Heaps of citrus hops, akin to a american strong ale. Plenty of rich malt flavours, with a strong, but not overly thick mouthfeel that is a little sweet, but not sickly so.
The beer is spiced, but I am not picking it up. Sure there are hints of Cinnamon, but I feel it is coming elsewhere, not an actual spice addition

I am really enjoying it. The perfect end to a perfect day....
My wife gave birth to a baby girl today...so I am celebrating

Congrats mate, hoping all is well for mum and bub...it seems to be fine for dad.

I've got a Rocheforte 10 sitting waiting for my sons 18th on Saturday...birthday actually today, celebrating Saturday.....there are nice ways to celebrate lifes good moments.

orval.jpg

Crappy iphone pic!

Had this last night. Very good beer with a good "hearty" flavour. I think I quite enjoy Trappist beer!

Back