Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had that last night aswell Goomba and also enjoyed it

2012_08_07_17.48.21_edit.jpg

Heretic Evil Cousin

Finally got around to cracking this one. I agree with others this is such a well brewed beer.

I really get the " Dank " thing now. Aroma is almost like sniffing a bag of certain type of herb if ya no what i mean...but then there is also this hint of candied citrus in the background that zesty and refreshing.

More herbal spicy resiny hops on the palate, clean slight sweet honey malt, lingering peppery bitterness.
Medium to high body , hints of a higher viscosity but still plenty drinkable.

Id love to try beers like this on tap.

BirradelborgaMyAntonia.jpg

An Italian brewer (Birra del Borgo) corroboration with Dogfish Head, a "continually hopped imperial pils".
I liked it, but to my mind more like an APA than a pils. Actually, @ %7.5abv probably more like a low IBU AIPA.
Who cares. Was good. Would drink again, and bottle looks very cool.

BrewFistSpacemanIPA.jpg

Another Italian, Brew Fist Space man IPA. All about the hops this one, and I liked it. Reminds me of a Ska Brewing Modus Hoperandi, or even a SN Torpedo. Mmmm.

BrewDogHardcoreIPA.jpg

Bit of a let-down. Waaaayyy too sweet for my palate, esp. after the space man.

cairns_gold.png

Glorious 24 degrees on the beach today under a crystal sky and moderate surf. Went for a power walk up the surf beach and a rotisserie-in-the-sun to blush my almost Victorian looking deathly white skin. An hour later on getting back to Woorim I was fair parched and grabbed a six of Cairns, I'll try anything once.

This is a damn nice beer on a hot day, almost "Mac" like in its clean malty bitterness. Mate I'm impressed.

Bought a carton of Magic hat Not Quite pale Ale #9 on the w'end. $56 at woolies. Glad i didn't walk out with a $50 carton of the Chancer.

I've read a few rubbishings of the #9 on here, but i loved it.

At$56 i'd buy it every time.

What is the hop in that? Anyone?

According to the website it is:
Malts : Pale, Crystal
Hops: Cascade, Apollo
Yeast: English Ale

There is a recipe in the BYO Classic Clone Recipes.
Hope that helps you out
Cheers

Thanks mate. In the threads i searched people were talking about apricots. Is that the Apollo?

Funny, it doesn't mention anything about apricots on their website. Not that it mentions much.

View attachment 56532

Amasia Rumweizen 7%alc/vol , the mash collective aka stone n wood
nice dunkle with nice rummy after taste, bit weird at first sips but grows on me and really enjoying now. might try an imported dunkle with a dash of rum one day , maybe :blink:

you can buy panepot from the belgium shop but postage is a bit rich :(

View attachment 56534

2012 stone beer 7.2%alc/vol

more stone n wood , said to be best ever of their stone brews, i agree , its very good!

View attachment 56532

Amasia Rumweizen 7%alc/vol , the mash collective aka stone n wood
nice dunkle with nice rummy after taste, bit weird at first sips but grows on me and really enjoying now. might try an imported dunkle with a dash of rum one day , maybe :blink:

I had this on draught at Archive & also tried the boilermaker with the Kraken rum, beautiful !!
I'm going to try a dash of rum in a few other dunkels, good winter drink.

(DM's have the Kraken rum for about $55 a bottle I think)

For $12 a six pack this is pretty damm good
macs.JPG

Hmmmm theres a bottle of Kraken loitering with intent in the kitchen ATM <_<

Back