Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking a magnum Mikkeller Red and White Christmas

Heaps of citrus hops, akin to a american strong ale. Plenty of rich malt flavours, with a strong, but not overly thick mouthfeel that is a little sweet, but not sickly so.
The beer is spiced, but I am not picking it up. Sure there are hints of Cinnamon, but I feel it is coming elsewhere, not an actual spice addition

I am really enjoying it. The perfect end to a perfect day....
My wife gave birth to a baby girl today...so I am celebrating

Congratulations Josh,

A very special reason for a special beer.

Regards

Graeme

Drinking a Sierra Nevada Souther Hemisphere Hop Harvest 2012 atm. I just love this beer :) Nice and oily.

Drinking a Sierra Nevada Souther Hemisphere Hop Harvest 2012 atm. I just love this beer :) Nice and oily.

Nearly got one of them the other day, but already had $70 worth of beer. Might grab one this weekend.

A few I had recently

SevenShedsblackelephant.jpg

SevenShedsBlackElephant-1.jpg

A rather delicious sweet stout.

Feralgoldenace.jpg

A nice aussie interpretation of a Belgian golden ale.

FeralHophog.jpg

and it's better known IPA stable mate. Mmmmm

BrewDogsMoteukaIPA.jpg

yummo!

BrewDogsHBCIPA.jpg

also yummo!

BrewDogsGalaxyIPA.jpg

lovely.

BrewDogsChallengerIPA.jpg

my least favourite of the 4, but still pretty good.

Mornington Peninsula Imperial IPA - bottle

Decent hoppy aroma with sweet caramel malt.

Loads of oily hop goodness on the palate, pleasant assertive bitterness that is subdued by rich caramel almost toffee malt.

Plenty of body, the bitterness helps give a drying finish.

Beautiful rich beer, i think i might enjoy these types of IIPA better than the ones that are lighter on the malt??

Will have to try get down there some time when they have this on tap.

Wychwood ginger beard.

Christ, what were they thinking? I expected better from the makers of Hobgoblin. Overly sweet, slightly gingerish thing that's hard to swallow.

I'll try anything once but a premix dark and stormy tastes better than this and I wouldn't call that delicious by any stretch.

cidre-bouche.jpg

^ not my photo and my bottle looks slightly different but a welcome change from the horror of the ginger beard.

Chucked the dregs into my current cider (at FG) to see if that + oaking gives it more complexity.

Wychwood ginger beard.

Christ, what were they thinking? I expected better from the makers of Hobgoblin. Overly sweet, slightly gingerish thing that's hard to swallow.

I'll try anything once but a premix dark and stormy tastes better than this and I wouldn't call that delicious by any stretch.

Honestly, when it comes to flashy labels and marketing Wychwood wins hands down. As for their beer its ok/good

:icon_cheers: BYB

Hobgoblin is nice when it's fresh.

I didn't realise till after trying that this was another 'beer with ginger in it' rather than a alcoholic ginger beer. Ginger is not a great addition to beer for my palate

Nearly got one of them the other day, but already had $70 worth of beer. Might grab one this weekend.

A few I had recently

BrewDogsMoteukaIPA.jpg

my least favourite of the 4, but still pretty good.

Looks like the 2nd Brewdog IPA pack? May need to look for those, i had the brambling/nelson/sorachi/citra one last year.

I didn't realise till after trying that this was another 'beer with ginger in it' rather than a alcoholic ginger beer. Ginger is not a great addition to beer for my palate
If I remember correctly, I didn't pick up any sort of hop presence. I think it might be that fairly awful idea of all malt GB peole keep talking about around here.

Stuffed if i can get the pic up, but im drinking some Hook Norton beers.

First up, the Haymaker, a pale ale.

Bloody hell, a very nicely made UK pale ale. Not too heavy, subtle but present golding hops. Cracking beer, best ale i've had for a while. Got it at dans

Hook Norton Hooky.

A more malty ale, with luscious smooth crystal malt flavours. Another great ale.

I'll be trying the Twelve days dark ale soon, can't wait.

Bloody good beers IMHO

The best beer I've had for a while.

Sipping one now, yep, it's a lovely, well balanced IPA. Great aroma, flavour and appearance. Up there with the best, but I don't know if I like it more than the SN Southern Hemisphere harvest ale I had last night. That was also an awesome beer, IMO.

SierraNevadasouthernhemisphereharvestIPA.jpg

The growler of Italian IPA on Saturday night was also pleasant, but not really in the same league. Brew Fist Beuracracy IPA, not as big or as bitter as most of my favourite IPA's, but quite sessionable, and much better than the usual Italian muck we see on the shelfs.

BREWFISTBureaucracyIPA.jpg

Stuffed if i can get the pic up, but im drinking some Hook Norton beers.

First up, the Haymaker, a pale ale.

Bloody hell, a very nicely made UK pale ale. Not too heavy, subtle but present golding hops. Cracking beer, best ale i've had for a while. Got it at dans

Hook Norton Hooky.

A more malty ale, with luscious smooth crystal malt flavours. Another great ale.

I'll be trying the Twelve days dark ale soon, can't wait.

Bloody good beers IMHO
I can assure you that the Twelve Days is equally as good. I had the 3 of them last weekend and they are all great beers.

Regards

Graeme

I can assure you that the Twelve Days is equally as good. I had the 3 of them last weekend and they are all great beers.
I personally felt Twelves Days was head and shoulders above the other two. Maybe I was just in the right mood at the time. Not that there was anything wrong with the other two, of course.

orval.jpg

Crappy iphone pic!

Had this last night. Very good beer with a good "hearty" flavour. I think I quite enjoy Trappist beer!
This turned up at my local bottle-o last weekend, along with Achel Blond. Win win. Nice touch of funk in the Orval, subtle beer, need to drink another hundred to really get a handle on it! and the Blond never disappoints.

Would love to get my hands on one of those Tripel Karmeliets pictured earlier. Great having all these Belgians so prevalent.

I personally felt Twelves Days was head and shoulders above the other two. Maybe I was just in the right mood at the time. Not that there was anything wrong with the other two, of course.

I confer with bum's quote. The 12 Days would always put me in the right mood.

IMG_20120807_190119.jpg

Gage Roads London Best.

I'm going to have to hand in my beer nerd card and say I really like t.

On the label it s says it has been dry hopped, and I can smell and taste it. Out of style but very enjoyable, a good sessiin berr for the price of CPA.

Latest posts

Back