Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best beer experience ever.

Ever..

New glass and amazingly fresh kegged tasty divine beer. Thanks International beer shop ;D

IMAG0342.jpg

Thought it would be hard to finish 2L. It was actually too easy.... haha.

Anyone in perth would be stupid to miss out on this.

Had this sitting in the fridge now for over six month, time to make some space.

IMG_20120303_004256.jpg

Whoa, just whoa. Not sure I can even finish this. I keep taking more sips to find out though so maybe, just maybe

ab44ed7b.jpg

I could not finish this, way beyond me. I can still taste smoke the next day. Think I got 3/4 through before it warmed up to much to handle. For those thinking of trying it. Make it the last beer of the night because you won't taste anything else after it but smoke

Yeastie boys double Rex, made with 100% Peated distilling malt. Pretty intense

Yeastie boys double Rex, made with 100% Peated distilling malt. Pretty intense

heheheh I can imagine! I have made ales with 200gm of peated malt in it and it was too much smoke flavour in there, cannot imagine 100% peated malt, ugh!

Was certainly an experience, not one I plan to re live :lol:

It's 38 here today so what better than an early beer, cold and simple?

My local corner shop always gets in new beers and I usually like to try them so I bought this (stock photo):

Pictures%20for%20the%20website%20132%20(Small).jpg
to have with left over pizza from last night.

I know I shouldn't expect too much from a beer that states :'Best Served Ice Cold' on the label and indeed I didn't. Usually when I try new beer, I allow the bottle to rise in temp as I'm not a cold beer lover except on really hot days like this one. I'm thankful I decided to keep this one cold because if it tastes as bad as this at 2 degrees there's no imagining how awful it would be at 10 or 15.

I'd happily glug a melbourne over this shit anyday. Sulphury and salty, smells like stale warm beer and that's when it's cold.

Stay away.
Dude I thought that brewrry went out of business years ago. It was fkn awful tgen it woukd be fkn awful now.

im drinking a murrays anniverrsary ale 6.
Portwine in colour with red highlights
carbonation is strangely missing, but then again it is 15% so it is not a huge issue
Caramal sweetness, and i get flavours of burnt orange the alcohol bite is whiskey likeand very warming
actually the residual mouthfeel is similar to when you drink a cognac.

This beer is certainly an experience, for a celebration, and one i am enjoying

wingwalker_pale_ale_0.jpg

Not a bad beer. Again, commercial $16.99/6er - and I'm not whinging. Probably not handled well (Dan's), but certainly a good drinker. Much prefer the Dundee, but if I was looking for something to not knock me out after a night, then this would be it.

Fairly typical Cascade hop notes - well balanced, I actually found it a tad more bitter than the Dundee IPA, but I think it was the lighter body, rather than less hoppiness. Not going to blow a beer nerd's mind, but certainly a nice sessionable APA.

Wing walker belgian Wheat Ale (edit: stupidity).

Probably shouldn't have drunk this straight after the APA - I can't taste anything. But there are no off smells or tastes, so that's something. It certainly backs up both the comment on the Hoppy Hefe (not from me, but jlm), and the other thread about American vs German Wheat beers. Certainly lacks the same esters as a proper weiss. But very nice light drinking - good lawnmower beer.

Still wish I'd bought the 6er of the APA, and the stubbie of this, rather than the other way around.

Still, a quiet night in and a few bevvies - this will do the job nicely and leave me feeling bright in the morning.

Rolled my first Duvel tonight after reading up on it recently.
Interestingly the reading outlined the hours and hours of work that goes into making a Duvel.
It tasted great but i feel i could get a lot of that flavour profile using a champagne yeast...is it just me??

Also rolled a Hawthorn Wit....another nice beer, but i will keep looking for my Nirvana.

402b2c7d.jpg

Nice and robust, the way it should be

Guess this one has probably been mentioned before... but man! some SERIOUS hops...im burping up pure hop.
Just bought 80g of amarillo before tasting this as i was thinking of making an american ale. might put a little less than this beer- but it is awesome.

IMG_1037.jpg

I had a Hop Head Red, then a Bear Republic Red Rocket, and I have to say that both are good beers, but the Red Rocket is a ripper!

5ae235ab.jpg

Mine was a tad undercarbed, didn't fizz when I popped the cap. Drank very nicely. Good fresh hoppiness and nice crystal sweetness. Rather enjoyable.

4917551299_04cdc4d910.jpg

Then had one of these. No real subtleties at all, slightly oxidised. A familiar flavour I've got from many US imports. The Simcoe was enjoyable, but not as fresh as I would have liked. Good beer though, with just a touch of booziness.

Latest posts

Back