Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, now that I go back and read that post , PW, I do recall reading it so I have heard of them I guess. Will definitely be looking for that one too.

Moondog are great blokes too. I had an uncarbed bottle and they personally dropped me off a new bottle.

been trying to add a foto to this topic for a while now, but the max size for posting pics is 2 mb and all mine are about 4.6 mb, anyone know how to reduce the size for posting?
cheers

been trying to add a foto to this topic for a while now, but the max size for posting pics is 2 mb and all mine are about 4.6 mb, anyone know how to reduce the size for posting?
cheers
Are you running windows? If you are try image resizer. here . After you install this you can right click the photo and select resize.

Had a small sample of that double IPA tonight as well. Was kinda warm alcohol wise but thought it was a very nice beer, wouldn't mind getting myself a bottle.
[edit] was referring to the Moondog double IPA

Mikkeller Simcoe IPA
simcoe.JPG

Scneider Weisse Tap 2 Krystall
sw2.JPG

Scneider Weisse Tap 7 Heffe
sw7.JPG

Murray's Icon 2IPA
icon.JPG

All damn nice beers

A few I had during the week, none really stood out except the Red Ale, which I forgot to take a pic of. The Stout is ok

3f850e4d.jpg

11c04475.jpg

52c7912b.jpg

22b05fa0.jpg

Grabbed some really good looking beers today on the way home from the Fox Hotel. Can't wait to hook in, will take some piccies shortly

Quite a hefty session last night,

Both of these were kinda meh
2132e79e.jpg

a7d98c2a.jpg

I loved this Cal Common, I always loved the ones I've made but having a real one showed me I'm well in the ball park with my own beers. My fave style ATM. Nice earthy/slightly minty/woody taste from the hops, and backed up well by the malt. Perfectly balanced
f718fb8c.jpg

The IIPA was pretty run of the mill, very nice none the less
659319a4.jpg

Unfortunately this was about as off as off gets, flat, tasted like cardboard and I'm sure there was some barnyard thing going on. I had one sip and tipped it. Upon inspection of the bottle there was a chip taken out of the lip, which was still implanted in the bottle cap. So I'll give this one another go if I come across it, not really the beers fault
d1c79e39.jpg

This was ok. Brewed in Canada. Had some belgian traits but not quite there. A good beer in it's own right
e588cc0c.jpg

I joined the growler club down at Thunder Road Brewing Company. For $25 you get the growler the cossie and of course the beer. Refills are cheap with three great beers from a new microbrewery. No affiliation, just GREAT beer.

This is the Montgomerie's Pale Ale. It's a big banger at 5.9%. Taste's delicous, smooth and very easy drinking.

IMG_0788__Medium_.JPG

Found this at Grand Central Cellars in Brisbane:

IMAG0149.jpg

A nice nutty flavour, not as rich as I was expecting but tasty nonetheless. I'm not really a fan of the brown ale style but I could certainly sit back and enjoy a couple of these before the need for something super hoppy takes over.

Theakstons old peculier. Im on night shift, so it'll help me sleep haha.

Yummo, im guessing dark crystal and some roast barley?. Anyway, its very nice, and im glad i got 3 of them. Just the one today though!

They are both amazing... I still lean a little more towards the Trois Pistoles though.

North Coast - Acme IPA

No description needed but for those playing at home. Awesome hop aroma, balanced bitterness and sweet malt in the finish. I could drink this for hours.

acmeipa.jpg

after a long week i drop by the bottlo and picked up a 6 pack

SANY1511.JPG

its going down really nice, ill have to brew a hefe soon

cheers matho

Kegs are empty .. needed something to fill in ... heard that these where ok...
18112011.jpg
So how do I rate this beer ... hmmm "it's ok"

Firestone Walker Double Jack.
It's in better condition than most bottled local & imported IPA's I've had in a long time.
Big hops, solid malt without the over the top crystal sweetness.. yum

FWDJ.jpg

Latest posts

Back