Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 49975

Shit I love this stuff, always get 3 500s for $10 when I'm in at Dans (Dans is a 70K round trip from here)

If I were marooned on a desert island with a cold room full of one beer, this would be it. :)

edit: Pron:" jur vee yeets"
The number of times you've posted pics of this beer, swear you must have shares in the company or something Bribie? :lol:

It must be my inner slav

inner_slav.jpg

After a day focused around a corporate law exam, this is exactly what I need:

IMAG0148.jpg

what a beer that is. i want one now just looking at the label :icon_drool2:

After a day focused around a corporate law exam, this is exactly what I need:

IMAG0148.jpg
Bit :icon_offtopic: But do you find that beers using that La Trappe glass tend to give poor head? (not pun intended, i think :p)

Bit :icon_offtopic: But do you find that beers using that La Trappe glass tend to give poor head? (not pun intended, i think :p)

I found this as well. Poured La Trappe Blonde and Dubbel into the same glass and pour head formation and retention. I just assumed it was the beer. :huh:

No picture but I had an abbaye de mardesous last night as my local, who get new beers in from time to time, were selling it when I went looking for orval.

Initial bready sweetness I get with a lot of strong belgian pale ales but loads and loads of ethanol. It's a 10% beer but I followed it up with a westmalle tripel, which at 9.5% barely betrays any alcohol in the flavour at all. I was a little disappointed.

Anybody had any good experiences with this drop? Should I give it another chance?

Yes I find that the glass gives poor head

Both of these are just poured, the rad head lasted longer then any other beer I have ever put in it.
IMG_8749RESIZE.jpg
IMG_8747RESIZE.jpg
but I do really like this glass :D

Definitely. I was surprised at how little head I got from that tripel. Even my over carbed pale ale afterwards didn't retain much head.

Just looked through my photos.
Of the 10 beers in the La Trappe glass, 7 of them are dead flat.

Hmmmmm

View attachment 49975

Shit I love this stuff, always get 3 500s for $10 when I'm in at Dans (Dans is a 70K round trip from here)

If I were marooned on a desert island with a cold room full of one beer, this would be it. :)

edit: Pron:" jur vee yeets"
Bribie how good/gimmicky is the picture of the glass on the back that changes colour when the beer hits the right temp...........your right its a top drop,havent had a bad Polish beer yet!!!
:icon_chickcheers:

Was given the Red Duck "Canute the Gruit" amongst others for my birthday (see here).

One sniff was enough to make me cautious. One sip was enough to make me sure. I tipped it. YMMV, but not my taste at all! :icon_vomit:

T.

Yep, someone got over excited when adding the sour element to that beer. They could knock it back by at least half if not three quarters and it would still be a bit much.

Checked my pics, I must have a good La Trappe glass, of the four La Trappe beers, Blonde, Dubbel, Tripel and Quad, they've all got head. Didn't take a photo of their Wit in that glass.

Checked my pics, I must have a good La Trappe glass, of the four La Trappe beers, Blonde, Dubbel, Tripel and Quad, they've all got head. Didn't take a photo of their Wit in that glass.

:icon_offtopic: I'm going to have to go and get some La trappe beers and make doubley, no tripley, no no Quadrupely sure...

It take a fair bit of effort to get a Tripel Karmeliet without a head (usually its the opposite) <_<

Anyone know anything abou a Victorian brewery called Moon Dog? Never heard of them myself but drinking their pumpkin porter right now and it is the most impressive beer i've had in some time. Will be trying to find some more of thier beers, methinks.

I had their Double IPA the other day (See post 3012), very nice beer, the alcohol was very smooth and held up the hop bitterness very well, is more malt driven than all the other DIPA's I've had. Keen to try their other wares that's for sure

Just looked through my photos.
Of the 10 beers in the La Trappe glass, 7 of them are dead flat.

Hmmmmm

I have a very old Westy challace that looks hand blown....... the glass is so smooth i never get any head on the beer from the glass. The beer isnt flat...... its just that the gas usually needs an imperfection on the glass as a point for the gas to gome out of solution......... hence why the headmaster glasses have the shot blasted base in the glass....... promotes more bubbles.

I have not tried it but i have heard if you rough the surface up on the base of the glass with some glass or emerald paper..... it helps with getting good head :)

Latest posts

Back