Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so J Bowers I assume you are living with said parents in the US?

Nope. Ivanhoe, Victoria.

edit: I'll be kind, got them from Acland St Cellars. The also had a couple of sierra nevada 30th anni beers, but were pretty pricey. The russian river cost an arm and a leg, but I am pretty confident it'll be worth it.

Had a White Rabbit Dark Ale last night, thought id practice my tasting ability once more :)
White_Rabbit_Dark_Ale_Bottle.JPG

Dark amber colour, with a large head. Carbonation throwing a dance party with particles in the glass.
White_Rabbit_Dark_Ale_Full.JPG

Pleasant resin and caramel nose.

Flavour is nutty, malty, and fruity, with a refreshing sourness. Then the bitterness eases along to take you through to the finish. I really did enjoy this beer sitting in my backyard. Would be good for taking a 6 pack to a BBQ an enjoyable dark beer for summery drinking.

White_Rabbit_Dark_Ale_Empty.JPG

Nope. Ivanhoe, Victoria.

edit: I'll be kind, got them from Acland St Cellars. The also had a couple of sierra nevada 30th anni beers, but were pretty pricey. The russian river cost an arm and a leg, but I am pretty confident it'll be worth it.

thanks for the heads up mate,dropped in today and got a bottle of each of the rusian river beers.looked like only one bottle of cosecration left and 10 or so of damnation.at 25 bucks for a stubbie of consecration it better live up to the hype!

cheers dwayne

mg5381.jpg

Picked up two beers tonight from Amatos.

This tastes like a half decent crisp hefeweizen mixed with fruit tingles. I gather that 'alpine herbs' are what go into Allens lollies.

had an endeavour pale ale last night, nice beer, good drop, no faults. maybe not the "ephinany" beer mick says it is but it is well made.

had an endeavour pale ale last night, nice beer, good drop, no faults. maybe not the "ephinany" beer mick says it is but it is well made.

anyone see the twitter message by the TwoMetreTall brewery to Endevour?

it says...

"finds @endevourbeer website "interesting". Care to explain/justify the claims you make to someone actually doing what you pretend to do"

OUCH! :angry:

it says...

"finds @endevourbeer website "interesting". Care to explain/justify the claims you make to someone actually doing what you pretend to do"

I guess Ashley doesn't like people who contract out :lol: ... although they do state they don't have their own brewery!

I guess Ashley doesn't like people who contract out :lol: ... although they do state they don't have their own brewery!

I think he might also be cheezed that they state brewers dont seem to care about their product and where it comes from like 'winemakers do'. :rolleyes:

Just popped by the bottle-o on the way home from uni :lol:

I take it "uni" is in California or Oregon?

That Deschutes Black IPA is brilliant - one of the highlights from my recent trip to Oregon.
Not to mention the Damnation - As a Golden strong it is better than a Duvel in Belgium IMO

I think he might also be cheezed that they state brewers dont seem to care about their product and where it comes from like 'winemakers do'. :rolleyes:

Ashley is first and foremost a winemaker himself, planning on doing it once the vines are established so he (or Jane) could be having a double-dig ... "you're a shit winemaker and you don't even make your beer yourself, you slackarsed Sydney-sider!" :lol:

it says...

never a good way to represent your self commercially or profesionally

A: very slight fruity aroma. I'm guessing NZ varieties. No to low malt aroma. As it warms presence becomes more dominant.

T: upfront, lightly hopped. High carbonation which lends a little bite. Light bodied mouthfeel. First sip or 2, thought I got some dms?? Actually still getting it... A little vegetal, almost grainy. Have had this flavour before in my light bodies ales. Not as strong here but definitely present and not pleasant. Low bitterness, low hop flavour... Dry finish as expected from a "summer ale"

Overall, not a sessionable pale ale. Not as bitter nor hoppy as I would expect, even for a mid-strength pale ale. Not one for a second sample. If going for the mid strength ales, I'd stay on the LC Rogers.

Expected way more considering my sampling of the rye esb and the rauchbier.
SC_Summer_Ale.jpg

Noir stout...

Firstly let this thing warm up..it's a stout afterall.

A: Slight alc presence, sweet crystal malt, some almost Belgian yeast esters coming through... dark fruit, plum. No roastiness though.

T: medium mouthfeel, spicy/warm alc in the back of the palate. Not alot of roast characteristics, not necessarily dry. Some black coffee and maybe aniseed?? Balanced bitterness, no real hop presence. A little sharp.

Very drinkable... Could do with a little more choc and roast flavours. Quite sessionable for a high alc stout.
Noir_Stout.jpg

I take it "uni" is in California or Oregon?

That Deschutes Black IPA is brilliant - one of the highlights from my recent trip to Oregon.
Not to mention the Damnation - As a Golden strong it is better than a Duvel in Belgium IMO

No, uni is in south melbourne.

No, but at the same time, it pisses me off that a few upstarts with a good ad agency can market a beer on the ideal that they will eventually be an organic, local farm based brewery while others are struggling along actually doing it. If they thought that terroir and quality in beer actually mattered they would set up the brewery or contract to a small craft-orientated brewery rather than use the big, same, same contract brewery in Sydney. They aren't brewing beer, they marketing it and that doesn't earn a whole heap of respect in my books.

never a good way to represent your self commercially or profesionally

Nope. Ivanhoe, Victoria.

thanks for the heads up mate,dropped in today and got a bottle of each of the rusian river beers.looked like only one bottle of cosecration left and 10 or so of damnation.at 25 bucks for a stubbie of consecration it better live up to the hype!

cheers dwayne

How does this work??

Vinnie Cilurzo sent me an email not that long ago saying that they cannot ship their beer outside of the US as it is against the law.

Vinnie Cilurzo sent me an email not that long ago saying that they cannot ship their beer outside of the US as it is against the law.
Is it possible that you were enquiring about having some mailed to you? My understanding (i.e. I've been led to believe but don't know it as fact) that it is illegal to put beer through the post system there. Export would be a different matter entirely.

Anyway, $10 says these are grey imports so it'll have nothing to do with the brewery anyway. Wouldn't stop me grabbing one of those Deschutes beers though.

Back