Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fark the inexhaustible Tim-Tams I want...
Guys this is a 10% ABV stealth bomber and the state I'm in, I'm lucky to spell my name so maybe tomorrow...

View attachment 41039
Oh my brain hurts...
Mark

wow, 2L growler of 10% ABV beer. yep, like drinking two bottles of wine. :beerbang:

Had a bit of help with the growler, about half, but managed to slip in 3 Coopers Sparkling over dinner before coming back to the last of the Spartacus - feeling very mellow.
We should all have a motto, something to aspire to mine is "Everything I like is either - Illegal, Immoral or Fattening"
Nice when one middy would put you over the limit and the beer slides down like a pair of silk knickers.

Mark

Had a bit of help with the growler, about half, but managed to slip in 3 Coopers Sparkling over dinner before coming back to the last of the Spartacus - feeling very mellow.
We should all have a motto, something to aspire to mine is "Everything I like is either - Illegal, Immoral or Fattening"
Nice when one middy would put you over the limit and the beer slides down like a pair of silk knickers.

Mark
Just when I thought one growler would be enough...this may call for two!

Mark

well i think i might slip past beer deluxe today opn the way to JS brewhouse to watch the footy. a decent pre footy beer me thinks!

A few beers for the Footy tonight!

No home brew left...

DIE ROBBIE FARAH DIE!!

img1380l.jpg

NOGNE O Lemongrass Ale @ The Pumphouse
28092010.jpg

On a day like today in Sydney, this was great. Like a slightly maltier version of Hoegaarden.

Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter... no picture... why? Poured 2 x 200mL bottles into a schooner.. beautiful thick creamy head, dark but not opaque, ruby highlights. Aroma of coffee chocolate and a slight hint of licorice. Placed it on the arm rest of the couch on coaster as I've done a million times before. Sat down then felt it a cool mess as 400mL of high quality beer spills down my back and into my pants. :angry: Couch still "smells like christmas" as the mrs said... very pissed off.

Went down stairs to grab another of the 8 flying dog sample beers i won at BABBs last week... WTF only 1 left... oh that's right. SWMBO gave 4 of them to her Dad when he visited on the weekend... just "assumed" they were just some of my homebrew :angry:

So... only had the Tripel, the Barleywine and some underware full of Imperial Porter <_<

Argon, You could give the undies a squeeze but I don't know if the 'underwear randall' will catch on. It would add a little something extra - dry hopped with scrotum hair.

Did you suck your trousers?

Currently drinking samuel smith's IPA after a Timothy taylor's landlord. Both have a similar character, both delicious, malty and full and both distinctly hoppy (not crazy american hoppy but distinct nonetheless).

No photo cos it looks like beer in a glass and there's not that much left.

Wow! At the Pumphouse you say?
Did realise anywhere, but perhaps the Taphouse, stocked any sort of Nogne O beers. Good stuff!
I swear Muggus, even at $9.50 for a schmiddy, it's worth a try.

Argon, You could give the undies a squeeze but I don't know if the 'underwear randall' will catch on. It would add a little something extra - dry hopped with scrotum hair.

Did you suck your trousers?

You know i did want to... but Imperial Porter with added farts doesn't realy work for my palate... still steaming over that one.

All i wanted to do was have a nice strong complex finishing beer for the night, relax on the couch and watch some TV... but then spent the next 45mins cleaning up :angry:

Koooooooooiiii! :D

A bottle from the first batch at the new brewery. Kooinda Pale Ale, tasting delicious fellas! :beerbang:

_DSC1887.jpg

BitterBulldog,

What did you make of the LC Oatmeal Stout? Had a one a few weeks back, not bad but I thought a little light on body for a stout? Nice enough and plenty of English hops.

I tried the Moteith's Dopplebock tonight, very nice, alcohol is well hidden, good coffee notes. Worth a try.

A few beers for the Footy tonight!

No home brew left...

DIE ROBBIE FARAH DIE!!

img1380l.jpg

Had a mate over for the arvo to join in BIABing a trippel with black glutinous rice.

Blew him away with Fin Du Monde (Unibroue). Once he recovered from a 9%abv beer that drinks as easily as, well, something that drinks far too easily to be safe, we shared a bottle of Moinette (by Dupont). At a mere 7.5%abv, it doesn't quite have the intensity of the Fin, but has a very pleasing complexity.

It was fun to watch someone discover the wonder of the Belgian strong ale/trippel styles - huge beer, with a tiny footprint.

T.

My first Murray's Icon 2IPA - first beer I've ever had from an Australian brewery that claims to be American in style that is pretty much what it says on the tin. Gotta say that this beer would be dripping with caramel over there though - so they missed the mark on that point. But a lovely beer either way.

Back