Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot damn im glad i started this thread! Its great to see all the different beers people get!

My turn :)

I cracked a bottle of Unibroue Seigneuriale tonight. I have had it for a few months..... sitting in my beer safe in the garage. There is a safe hole cut into concrete in my garage and it stays under 20deg in there all summer! I still have a bottle of treis Pistoles and Teribble in there :)

This beer is supreme! malty sweet, rose coloured, complex, and very drinkable.

Very impressed !

Seigneuruale1152x1728.jpg

quote name='Tony' date='Feb 21 2010, 06:10 PM' post='599534']
Hot damn im glad i started this thread! Its great to see all the different beers people get!

I cracked a bottle of Unibroue Seigneuriale tonight. I have had it for a few months..... sitting in my beer safe in the garage. There is a safe hole cut into concrete in my garage and it stays under 20deg in there all summer! I still have a bottle of treis Pistoles and Teribble in there :)

Very impressed !

[/quote]
Dam, where did u score that?
Seigneuriale has been hard to get for some time now.

Speaking of Unibroue, this I had about a month ago
PB100209.JPG

still got a couple left in the beer fridge : )

stonewood_1.jpg
Appearing in good bottle shops soon :) Visited the Stone and Wood brewery on Sunday (as part of the Thirsty Critters tour) and bought one of the first cartons in bottles. It's only been in bottles for 7 days now so it's certainly nice and fresh. Taste is lovely and as good as the kegged variants, such a refreshing beer.

Very impressed !

Tony nice one.

i got a bottle of this from Canberra the last time I was down there, and i was saving it for a special sort of occasion, unfortunately i showed it to a friend on NYE and it ended up getting drunk at about 3am, well after all the other beers and what not that we had, so i wasn't in a good state to taste or remember what it was like :( .

I have told him that he needs to find another one so we can drink it properly ;)

James Squire Golden Ale. God Damn this is a nice beer. Drank it after bottling my LCBA clone today... was wayyy too smooth drank in 2 mins!

med_gallery_14633_607_110409.jpg

Had my first Meantime London Porter tonight. Very smooth drop, although I prefer their Winter.

View attachment 35909
Appearing in good bottle shops soon :) Visited the Stone and Wood brewery on Sunday (as part of the Thirsty Critters tour) and bought one of the first cartons in bottles. It's only been in bottles for 7 days now so it's certainly nice and fresh. Taste is lovely and as good as the kegged variants, such a refreshing beer.

:icon_drool2:

One of my fav's! Glad this is coming in a bottle!

A few recently tried beers. Greene King Strong Suffolk Vintage Ale. Just a hint of wild yeast. Reasonably malty beer which was easy drinking.

SNC00293.jpg

Gose. Past its best before date, however still an enjoyable beer that quite suits the Australian summer (thanks to Kommandant for bringing it over from Germany). Hints of coriander, salt and acidity.

SNC00247.jpg

Harveys Christmas Ale. A great beer to have with Christmas dinner. Malty, hints of dark fruit. Thanks to father-in-law for bringing it over from England.

Hop schnapps. Kind of herbal taste to it. Thanks again to Kommandant for bringing this over from Germany.

SNC00246.jpg

Here are a couple I have had as well.

Mikkeller Single Hop Nugget, a different hop that what i am used to, but was still quite nice.

DSC00130.JPG

And a Rogue Yellow Snow IPA
First glass I had I didn't think it was all that over the top like some of there beers, and was a good sessionable IPA, the second glass i had it warmed up a little bit more and there was definitely a bit more hop presence to it, was still quite enjoyable and sessionable. I got some nice citrus aroma and flavour and the last mouthfull got some stonefruit from it. :icon_drool2:

DSC00135.JPG

And a Rogue Yellow Snow IPA
First glass I had I didn't think it was all that over the top like some of there beers, and was a good sessionable IPA, the second glass i had it warmed up a little bit more and there was definitely a bit more hop presence to it, was still quite enjoyable and sessionable. I got some nice citrus aroma and flavour and the last mouthfull got some stonefruit from it. :icon_drool2:

If you ever get the chance, try it on tap. Apparently totally different. My taste buds were reeling for half an hour after my first sip. A very bitter beer.

Tetley_Smooth__Large_.jpg

mmmmmmmmmm - getting those Northdown hops and the smooth biscuity Yorkshire Square goodness. Not bad for a midstrength. A bit darker than I remember.

Baltika__Large_.jpg

Rich, sweet, aromatic - overtones of rich Christmas pudding - this stuff rocks - 5.6% ABV. Come back USSR, all is well and truly forgiven :icon_drunk:

Efes_Pilsen__Large_.jpg

Pooncy little bottle, when I lived in Turkey I liked the old fashioned dumpy little 'barrel' bottles with the short neck. Obviously the export version, plus the 'Pilsener' in the name, the actual Turkish name is "Efes Pilsen". Efes = Ephesus where St Paul preached to the Ephesians.

Lovely hit of hop aroma, just burped up a bit now. Good solid robust malty beer. Benim icin, Turkiyeden, Efes Pilsen en iyi birasi.

Mash'allah :icon_cheers:

Edit: pls excuse the slob stout ring on the desk. Typical

View attachment 36035

mmmmmmmmmm - getting those Northdown hops and the smooth biscuity Yorkshire Square goodness. Not bad for a midstrength. A bit darker than I remember.
Dang! I saw those at a large chain store (name to do with primary selection) on the weekend when I was just browsing for a few imports, after some umming and ahhing I decided to get the bottled TTL. I was disappointed yet again, should've bought the Tetley's instead... The TTL was vague and very subdued with little in the way of late hops presence- I'll never buy it from them again (I should've learnt last time), thank goodness there's another smaller bottleo in town which stocks it, they seem to look after it better and will only buy it there from now on.

Another one I tried was Badger's Golden Glory. The Peach aroma and Peach/Citrus/Melon flavour was just too OTT for me, quite a nice summery ESB though if you can stomach the distinctive late hops. Badger seem to drive the hops in a few of their beers. Sorry, no pic...

Cascade First harvest '08 and '09.

'08.

Toffee and Vinuous aroma qualities with distinct oxidation notes you get w/old ales or wood aged beers. Quite enticing nonetheless.

Moderate body w/strong toffee notes enhanced by oxidation. Caramel is at the forfront with some mellow hops lingering. Somewhat floral and light grassy notes from the hop profile.

Overall a well aged wet hopped beer. Would happily drink a few of these, especially if they where higher in alcohol and designated sippers. :icon_drool2:

'09

light metallic notes, some light hops present. mild oxidation w/some toasty nuttiness and light breadyness.

toasty biscuit malt fills the palate, some light sweetness and finishes toasty w/lingering hop bitterness. no destinct hop flavours detectable. This beer has developed into an enjoyable drink since first release although not as good as the 08.

DSC_0064.jpg

Latest posts

Back