Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever had this before? Landlord is well known but I haven't seen this before. Not as nice as Landlord imho. Has a more sweet and bitter taste. Tastes 'stronger' than Landlord. image.jpg

Had it a few times off the hand pump when I was in the UK last August.
I really liked it.
Most bottled, traditional UK ales taste completely different to the draught versions.

couple nice new beers on the weekend

finally got around to grabbing a can of pirate life IIPA . its really good. I'm a big fan of rivesides 777 ,I probably have 2 a week , and its as good as that for sure. 777 is a little more value for a longneck but not too much . will be drinking more

local beer shop has also been running out some rogue brewing portand state uni ipa longnecks . had a couple of them now. really nice drinking beer

image.jpeg
Took advantage of the bottlo down the road from my hotel.
The super charger is very nice, Porter for a night cap later on.

Had a Katoomba Brewing Co APA today weighing in at 5.2%
Can taste pineapple and stone fruit nicely balanced.
Owned by the Carrington Hotel so not really supporting any small endeavour by tasting it but still worth a try
image.jpg

Sydney Brewing Prymont Rye IPA and only $66.00 with free shipping per case.

pyrmont.png

I'm not one to buy beers but I happened to stumble across these in the past week. The Dogfish and racer had just been dropped to the shop and were still in their boxes so I really didn't have a choice.
BTW the ballast point Grunion is a seriously underrated APA imo.

The Budvar is in there because it's an exceptional lager and deserves a place in the photo

20160706_174546-1024x768.jpg

Shephard Neame IPA from Dan's . Great English IPA style and good value but quite different to the California IPa'S

Dan's are really doing well in stocking a good range but don't keep those grossly overpriced Australian or NZ examples.

SNIPA.png

Blame the excise taxes Tropical, unfortunately if our Brewers want to make any money they need to demand a higher price.

Tropical_Brews said:
Sydney Brewing Prymont Rye IPA and only $66.00 with free shipping per case.
Was that through Dan Murphy's Connections? I got a similar deal on their Surry Hills Pils, which arrived today, $58 delivered. Looking forward to trying some tonight.

beer_219331.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1467976574.983017.jpg

Not bad. Not quiet assertive enough on the hop front for me, but very crisp and refreshing and incredible clarity.

Brewcult 'TCO' IPA

Lovely, fresh IPA. Citrus in abundance, bit tropically, slight bit of malt too. Great lacing, probably mainly from hop oils. Can't think wheat or crystal has had anything much to do with this beer. Very nice.

I'm trying to kill the keg to make space for the Hawkers IPA tomorrow. If any of youse fuckers want to make a trip down, I'll see what I can do for you. Maybe a (large) taste of the tap ?

Macedon, Big Little Baby.

Dan

image.jpg

Wife out of town, got the call up for dinner at a mate's place.

Had this beauty sitting in my wine fridge for about 2 years and on a cool night decided it was time.

Amazing. Low carbonation but persistent, lots of mouth feel, syrupy almost. Vanilla notes, maybe even a little bit of banana in there (although this could have been influenced by the banana caramel pie for desert). Alcohol certainly evident, but well and truly balanced. Fantastic over the fire on a cool night.

Narwhal.JPG

fire.JPG

Got a case of this for my Sydney CBD office. Ordered online from Dan's Alexandria store (6Klm's away) at 10:30am, arrives at reception 1:30pm. $90 inc delivery.

gallery_27971_1327_1087071.jpg

Mall said:
Got a case of this for my Sydney CBD office. Ordered online from Dan's Alexandria store (6Klm's away) at 10:30am, arrives at reception 1:30pm. $90 inc delivery.

gallery_27971_1327_1087071.jpg
Not bad I paid $34 for a 6 pack last week

Brownsworthy said:
Not bad I paid $34 for a 6 pack last week
Have a 6 pack in fridge desperately waiting for it to chill down. From what I have read, it is a beauty.

How did you enjoy it Brownsworthy?

Carlsberg tins.jpg

Dudded.
Spotted these in Aldi today and bought a four pack. Normally when you see a Euro brand that's normally BUL here, such as Becks, Stella etc but it's in 500ml cans, you can bet it's pretty authentic and imported by a liquor distributor as a "parallel import"

Got it home and it's actually from Coopers. I know they've been doing the stubbies for yonks now but the 500ml cans were a surprise. I wonder if this is a trend, most Euro and UK beers are in this format - Stubbies for bulk home consumption have always been a fairly Aussie thing.

Coopers have clearly ponied up for a 500ml canning line, which is interesting.

Anyway as with most Coopers produced lagers it's pretty forgettable, and what's that manky TED type eau-de-wheelie bin twang when it warms up a bit?

Brewed in Australia under strict supervision and bribery no doubt for Carlsberg.

Latest posts

Back