Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ bummer. Did you have a blocked nose by any chance? That happens to me sometimes. I've had the hop ale from can and growler and its been very malty with plenty of hop flavour each time, and that's pretty good considering the cans were 2 months off their BB, and the growler had been brought up to Brisbane in a car.

My girlfriend bought it (longneck) from the brewery last Tuesday. Not blocked up at all. That's why I was confused, shared it with my brother and he didn't mention anything about the aroma either.

this guy knows how to make my kind of beer!

Better Half IPA (session IPA)

:icon_drool2:

WP_20150726_001.jpg

Tahoose said:
Had Young Henry's hop ale last night. Was a little disappointed. It's pretty much an IPA without being called an American or English IPA. 60ibu and 6% ABV. The beer I had was pretty much all bitterness with no apparent flavour or aroma, this I can jut put down to an old bottle, possibly. However the thing was that aside from having 6 or 7 different malts the beer was not all that interesting.

Hoping that the real ale is good, it won an award overseas last year I think.
Possibly bad bottle, absolutely killer from the can, lovely malt base and delicious hoppiness, grab it in the can if you see it. The Real ale is also great

eldertaco said:
Super envious!! How was it?
Really good!

As can be expected, its a bloody big beer. The alcohol is hidden well. Dont get me wrong it is there, but the hops and sweetness hide it well. Super Hoppy...think an Epic Hop Zombie on 'roids.

Supped this over about an hour... 5.5 std drinks, I was pretty warm after finishing it!

Orval last night straight off the shelf in the garage. Really is a great beer. Of course, the dregs got tipped into my Brett IPA as well. Circle of life. Circle of beer at least.

Soon to be in the glass....A local small supermarket near me called SIMS has a really good bottle shop for its size and location. Apparently there is only one other store in Footscray but im sure once there was more. They have a great deli too. Every time i go in there i get a nice surprise. Picked up these tonight.

1438678563977.jpg

Where is the sims near you the one in west footscray is on Barkly street. Might pop in on my way home.

The other one is in werribee on shaws rd. No more steam beer left coz i bought the last 3 bottles.

I have these four to drink tonight.
First impressions of the chinook, awesome really hoppy 75 ibu and 7.2%. It's an interesting concept. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1438845421.506145.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1439010814.031713.jpg
Am interested in cloning this and tried to take a gravity reading. Fizz to the max, no chance. Not as good as the last time I had it so checked the date - bottled 6/2 damn it. Though it says '1056 BOTTLED 6/2/15', so I'm pretty sure I know now what yeast they use now...
Still an enjoyable drop which I recommend. Try it fresh.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1439015090.322833.jpg
Sipping on the IPA now. Smells absolutely beautiful, tastes more bitter than I was expecting but then it is an IPA, not a pale.
The tea is evident, I reckon it's adding another level of bitterness.

Flaming lamington chilli almost non existent, 3/4 through only just getting it.
Forget the 'flaming' part, it really does taste like choc and coconut. It tastes like a flamin' lamington..... :)

Oatmeal Stout, nice..., I have only really had my own homebrew version of something like this. This is really nice, but for the price I paid for 500mL, I reckon I can perfect a homebrew recipe as good as this.

Cheap beers here in the UK. Was drinking a really nice best bitter yesterday at $3.50 a pint. Rogues Amber is cheap at $3 a bottle

image.jpg

Currently visiting Lismore. After a session with Karmeliter Weissbier from the mini keg, mate and I have retired to a pub in the CBD and quaffing 150 Lashes.
It holds its head up very well as a full malty and hoppy beer.
More than surprised.

In a pub in Galway. Onto the 2nd pint of Guinness and just polished off some oysters. Enjoying my afternoon really.

Awesome! Man, I went to a little pub just north of Galway and ordered a dozen oysters and a Guiness. The oysters were each as big as a size 10 shoe. Took me awhile...

Latest posts

Back