Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decent enough but.. I don't know. It's like someone has squeezed a slice of orange into it already.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1393749728.198320.jpg

The wife and little one got me Rogue Morimoto Imperial Pils for the big 30th. Was pleasantly surprised by it. I have had some poor attempts at the style and worse Rogue beers so this came from left. %8+ was hidden well. Cheers :beerbang:

Liam_snorkel said:
Decent enough but.. I don't know. It's like someone has squeezed a slice of orange into it already.
I bought one of those from Dan's a few weeks back at Raymond Terrace. and a few German beers and other specialties. Were all faded and jaded.

So, I went to Dan's nearer my worklpace and bought a bottle of the Changing Tides Barleywine. Saw no Rogue Santa's there.

Went back later and bought a 6-pack of the Barleywine and a bottle of the Gage Roads Abstinence Dubbel.
Drinking it now, nice slick mouthfeel. coffee, cocoa and toffee in the nose and on the tongue. Quite a nice, nice drinkable beer.Better as it warms, but a tad more bitter too.
Then again, maybe it's me that's bitter after so much abstinence?

Abstinence.jpg

Liam_snorkel said:

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1393749728.198320.jpg
They love this shit in LA for some reason. Kept trying to make me drink it with the orange slice. It though it was pretty ok but not great. Slightly OT but I met a random Mexican "air conditioning guy"* who got me free food, drinks and entry all night at the House of Blues in Hollywood. Steel Panther were playing as well. Party times up stairs in the Dan Aykroyd room.

*drug dealer

Yeah I had an altercation in the States as well with a bartender who refused to serve it to me without orange. I guess you could have worse problems at 4:00am.

Just got back from a good mate's wedding that I was privileged enough to be part of the grooms party!

Plenty of Homebrew before and after, but we celebrated with a bottle each (four of us) of Westvleteren 12 before the ceremony when we were getting ready! I dont have a pick, but will see if I can get a copy from the photographer.

He managed to bring home 8 bottles of the stuff from a visit to the monastery while he was living in the UK last year.

Great views on the West Coast of NZ, Great mates, Great Beer and an even better day to be part of!

Flight delay, sitting at the crown in Perth enjoying a Little creatures Pilsner. Less hop aroma than I remember but damn clean and a great version of pilsner if you ask me. Color is a light straw, very nice. Here's to mass produced craft beer.

Cheers image.jpg

Still waiting for flight. Nice IPA. Lots oh caramel and well balanced with the bitterness. image.jpgimage.jpg

Well, it's certainly red. Sunlight through the glass comes out exactly the same colour as the label.

Aside from the slightly gimmicky redness, this is a very tasty IPA.

I'm not going to do a full review but this is it:

Boatrocker Ramjet
Whiskey aged imperial stout

..THIS IS THE BOMB. best beer eva!!!You have to try it !!! I want MORE!!!

I was in a rush when I went to the bottle shop and mistakenly grabbed a six pack of these thinking it was Liberty Ale. A faux pas pouring into a wanker/IPA glass. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1394188771.789707.jpg

Stone Brewery Arrogant ******* Ale. Was a lot more bitter than I remembered but still a great beer. Not as much in your face hoppiness as other Stone beers. I do love these guys.

aba.jpg

Latest posts

Back