Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brugs Tarwebier
(wit)
brugs.JPG
Easy drinking, unspectacular, inoffensive, timid wit. Brewed by Alken-Maes so that explains it.

"Packed with hop fuelled flavour and aroma that will invigorate even the hardest hop head"

...except when it's 4 months past the best before date, thanks Archive. (I really should have checked before handing over $18 for it)

no aroma, but tastes nice enough.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1394342849.448644.jpg

Can't be assed with a picture but Brooklyn Lager last night with some mac n cheese, sweet potato fries and wings. For a lager it has a tonne of flavour. Seems to be available all over the place now too.

Panhead Supercharger and Croucher Pilsner were not too bad in the Sun yesterday. Better than the woeful Warriors some are trying to support over here. Boy from Brisbane did the job first up and long may it continue :beerbang:

Had my first decent and sober go at a JS Nine Tales this arvo, wasn't real fussed on it to be honest, won't go outa my way to buy another.

FWIW, I tried a "fresh & unpasteurized" Carlton Draught yday at Naked For Satan in Fitzroy. They have a fancy vat/bladder&pipe setup there that allows them to get a tanker of CD delivered that's taken out of CUB before they run it through the pasteurizing/stabilizing process.
I was actually surprised: it definitely tastes like a CD, but with a fresh malty fruitiness to it - still v subtle, but it's definitely a better beer. It just seemed much more balanced and the elements brought out in the fresh version masked that distinctive twang I find CD has. I liked it as I thought it might've been a decent indication of what a homebrewed CD would/should taste like.
Not that I want to make a CD exactly, but I am currently looking at trying a faux lager, so it was a lucky coincidence to find this.
Bit embarrassing as my first entry to this thread, but I thought others might be interested :lol:

That is interesting, sounds like a messy beer transfer though, be good to see how they transfer it.

Got a $100 voucher for beer cartel for my birthday.

Saison DuPont biologique
Boon Kriek
Westmalle dubbel
Rodenbach grand cru
Sunner kolsh
Maredsous 6
Rochefort 6
St Bernardus pater 6
Tripel karmeliet
Silly saison
St Bernardus tripel

Will update as I slowly get through it all hehe

They have that setup at beer deluxe now TB. Basically an expensive way to deliver cd tasting very similar to how it does in a pub with high turnover who know how to look after their lines.
It will be unfortunate if all good melbourne beer spots start featuring these gimmicks.

I say that as someone who drinks 12 dollar jugs of cd regularly after 40 mins of futsal.

shaunous said:
That is interesting, sounds like a messy beer transfer though, be good to see how they transfer it.
It's meant be done oxygen free, at least. Supposedly the first time it hits O2 is in the glass. (One of the managers is a friend).

@manticle - it could be similar to high-turnover pubs with clean lines; but TBH I don't think I've ever had CD taste quite like this. Not that I drink it much these days but I've had a truckload of it over the years at all sorts of venues. Could be just unlucky, I s'pose.

:icon_offtopic: Brewhouse is brizzy has the truck deliver it's house beer into large tanks in the cool room.

Had a bottle of St. Freullin(Sp?) Saison last night. My first try of a saison since trying one at Mountain Goat that tasted like a mouthful of lactic acid, which kinda scared me off.

This is an awesome beer and has definitely got me wanting to try and brew in this style.

Sunner kolsh.

Very nice beer. Delicate but a great light flavour. Not bland and I rate it highly.

Silly saison.

Brown looking saison. Caramelly toast and a dry finish. Another very nice beer

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1394680120.898462.jpg

To Ol - Raid beer
Holy shit. It's freaking amazing. A hoppy lager rated 100 on ratebeer for its style. Easily the best lager I've ever had, I never realised they could be so tasty. So pleasantly surprised.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1394680224.547938.jpg

To Ol - Black Malts and Body Salts and the rest of the To Ol gang I picked up.
Another amazing beer. Had it before and it's just as good as I remembered. A black coffee IIPA, the coffee stands out and the smell is amazing.

I haven't had a single To Ol beer that I don't love yet.

Rochefort 6.

Little brother to the other rochefort, but a bloody good beer. Hi carb but lighter body means it's crazy drinkable, but it has that nice dark fruitiness about it. Yum. This is sessionable :)

Boon Kriek

Ah my all time favourite beer. Not mouth puckeringly sour, full of cherry goodness without being sweet. A trip to boon in Belgium is on the bucket list. If I was a rock star, or mining magnate, or even an evil genius I'd have a pool filled with this stuff.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1394690077.765636.jpg

To Ol - Southern Frontier
A perfectly balanced pale ale. Pours fairly dark for a pale with with a nice, creamy, off white head. Very drinkable. Not overly hoppy, but has such an amazing aroma. Was expecting it to have an almost amber ale taste after pouring.

Back