Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rodenbach grand cru.

Another cracking beer. Had to have the second. Love this beer. Balsamic vinegar like aroma and flavours. Sensational

mje1980 said:
Boon Kriek
Ah my all time favourite beer. Not mouth puckeringly sour, full of cherry goodness without being sweet. A trip to boon in Belgium is on the bucket list. If I was a rock star, or mining magnate, or even an evil genius I'd have a pool filled with this stuff.

Aren't the latter two much the same thing? :D

Good deal on at Purvis...I'm sure you got the email.

6 for $5.99 each and a free Stein.

Very tasty wheat. It's like drinking a hoppy slice of orange on fresh bread...ermm...yep.

20140313_183803.jpg

Decisions decisions

Having a MP IPA then will it be
Holgate mellenium falcon or rodenbach grand cru next??

Definitely one of the more bitter stouts I've had. 60 IBU.

Initially dark chocolate, then ashy, then lingering bitterness. Maybe, slightly too bitter for my stout-specific taste buds.

Not bad, not great.

As a side note, Purvis stock Rogue Gin ! Anyone tried it ??

20140314_204644.jpg

Yeah this wasn't too shabby. Light caramel and brown bread. And beer. Yep, definitely tastes like beer.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1394806769.382941.jpg

Hr Frederikson weasel brunch. A blend of mikkeller beer geek brunch weasel and amager bryghus Mr Frederikson. A pretty intensely flavoured, but smooth imperial stout. Fantastic.

1394862768993.jpg

One of the beers in my shipment from Belgium: De La Senne's Taras Boulba, a hoppy Belgian pale ale. It's got a firm bitterness that I can't get enough of, loads of spicy Saaz, it finishes dry and weighs in at only 4.5%. So drinkable, I wish I had 10 more bottles.

delasennetarasboulbasmall.jpg

Coopers artisan reserve,

Had a one at the Adelaide Fringe festival and was underwhelmed, went on to the celebration ale instead. Felt like a larger on the way home so pickup up a 6 pack just to make sure I didn't get it wrong.

Hate to say it I'm still a little disappointed with it, the metallic taste I get ruins the cleanness of this beer and I think a bit more malt would be nice to balance the dryness and carbonation level. Few people I've talked to say they use a different yeast but to be honest it reminds me of sparkling ale.

Not a bad beer by any means, I think I just wanted to see coopers go out a little more from the safe bet with this selection range. The celebration ale is a favorite of mine but I guess if it was my money on the line I would possibly do the same.

IMAG0955.jpg

I do agree totally. I have found the Bridge ports kinda taste the same except the kingpin of course

Latest posts

Back