Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg
Delightful Belgian , brewed under a full moon to enhance the gravitational forces over the mash and ferment , and a werewholves toe nail just for good measure ;)

I'm a big fan of Hook Norton, recently had the Haymaker and enjoyed it very much and the Old Hooky was very enjoyable as well.
Will grab a 12 days next I'm at a Dan's.

I rate the hook norton haymaker a lot. Reminds me of TTL, and I think it's more consistent in the bottle than the TTL I've had the last few times. They have a brown ale too, which is nice.

NN, welcome back. He only drinks on days ending with a 'y' Luke ;)

Northside Horatio Novice...where the HELL have you been !!!

We've all been worried sick.

Your Uncle Lukiferj and Auntie Winkle have been putting up posters all around Brisbane. Unfortunately, the pictures of a blue care bear holding a horn-shaped glass full of a cheeky belgian something-or-other resulted in no leads.

We're not mad, just disappointed, but we're still glad you've returned.

I'm celebrating with a Urbock !

1395212265591.jpg

manticle said:
Picture a beer in a glass. I't a leffe glass and currently it's 1/3 full.

It contains la trappe quadrupel (essentially dark strong).

La trappe have always been my least favourite trappist. Not bad beers - just not as good as most of the others. There's one new one I haven't tried and one old one (westvleteren) I havent tried.

Had this before but thought I'd refresh my memory. Not bad by any stretch but contains all the things I try and keep or age out of my strong belgians - loads of ethyl hexoanate (red apple skin ester) and warm, boozy alcohol. Cloudy brown, warm on the nose and back palate, lacking the complexity of a rochefort 10 or even westmalle dubbel.
La Trappe got me into quads. Now I struggle with it. Too much hot alcohol and not enough defined flavour. Glad I got into them though! Such a great drop.

northside novice said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
The best saison I have ever had the luck to meet :)
La moneuse 8%
Close to the best beer I ave ever taken on board !
Hints of Belgium fields full of spring and life in general .... Unghhhh ... Hick
Oops just farted ;)
Welcome back. I missed these posts. So good I can almost taste them at my end you lucky bugger!

suppose have grassy lemon flavour..but nothing like it rather sour/bitter taste..something i won't be buying again...

DU99 said:
suppose have grassy lemon flavour..but nothing like it rather sour/bitter taste..something i won't be buying again...
Cool. That's what I would have expected based on my experience. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out :)

His 'n' hers beers, Blonde and Dubbel.

Both good, though not as good as I foggilly remember them being at De Haalve Man brewery.

The Mrs got these to commemorate our engagement date, which was in Bruges. Bless her !

20140321_192804.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1395394753.867901.jpg

Going to call this a win at $0.75 a bottle!

Blend of 2 ales with one on oak for two years.. Nice drink on a cooler Perth evening!

Back