Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday's Stouts

Dark Lord.JPG

Three Floyds - Dark Lord

Abstrakt 04.JPG

Abstrakt 04

Saturday's Sours

Supplication.JPG

Russian River - Supplication

Consecration.JPG

Russian River - Consecration

I'm putting it out there, and I cannot shake this shit beer. People seem to just leave leftovers at my house but;

Carlton Dry is the WORST beer EVER!

I'll drink Tooheys Gold, Hell i'll drink Powers Gold, but this Carlton Dry is real shit beer...

Painting day today. Meant I settled for a session beer to quench my thirst while I was still able to be productive. Thanks 8wired Semi Conductor!

A touch too bitter but it is nice to have a hoppy 4.4% beer

View attachment 69910
Yep : dopple bock 8.2%
Very smokey n all that bacon goodness yum
Thick mouthfeel unlike some which are more watery dark lagers of high alc %
Can almost taste the hock fat and the gretten stench ,
Oh what joy and experience a continental ale can bring hmmmmm

Villers oud vieille 7% View attachment 69912
Picked this up on a whim thinking I enjoy sour browns , huh
Should of got two ! Aroma not far from a rodenbach cru , colour very much the same ,
Tarty mouthfeel with a familiar acidy twang .,, after taste some what short and abrupt but considering all , an exceptional ale leaving me wanting more !
Can almost hear the dark street lit shrieks of Bruges naughtiness , under the drip drop of precipitation , The quip of the breeze , if only ,for a glimps of the wink , the red hue the frothy mist ,

Sorting thru the shed in prep for bottling and decided to continue my journey around as many IPAs as possible to get a good grip on just what makes the tick and which ones I prefer.

Today managed to get a Burleigh Heads Fig Jam IPA for $2 at Dan Murphys- discount bin?? Was quite good! (If anyone in SA is near a DM check through the 'clearance trolley'- might be one lurking in there for the cheap (I got mine a Norwood)

Quite fruity tasting, nice hop characters to my taste

Also had a Mountain Goat IPA. Had not has this for awhile but was quite malty- less hops that the Burleigh

Have another Sierra Nevada Torpedo (possibly the benchmark) Plus a Tower 10 and Ballast Point for Friday-

Fun times, fun times

IMG_4687 copy.jpg

IMG_4688 copy.jpg

Changing Tides Barley Wine, no pic...not worth it.

I would like to amend my previous review of this beer.

It's...far...too...sweet !!

I have a Barley Wine fermenting atm, currently 1032, and it tastes VERY similar to this.

Which, with around 75g dry hop and providing it gets down to around 1020, bodes quite well for a halfway decent first time Barley Wine.

To-day I bought a Cornish beer called "Proper Job" three hops Willamette, Cascade and Chinook, don't bother getting it if you happen to come across it, should have been called "Proper Crap"
Another was Moa winter ale with 5 hops and bottle conditioned, Kiwis are so good at making beer, bitter after taste which seemed to last forever, top marks

Back