Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A beer what I drinking whilst working on me tap handles.

I've had this at the brewery and it definitely had heaps more aroma back then. Still good bottled, just not as pungent. Very firm bitterness and mainly piney from the 3 C hops.

Handles are Blackwood and have a way to go obviously. The rough timber was from the property where we got married a few years back...I knew I'd find a use for it !

My lazer sharp (one up from razor) hatchet is making short work of the rough stuff. I'll throw up a few pics next to a few beers as they progress.

20140403_171146.jpg

Tap pic file too big...will post later on...possibly in a more 'on topic' thread...maybe.

Not in the glass yet but am after some help from subject matter experts.

IMAG0816.jpg

IMAG0815.jpg

White film shown on the inside of the bottle in the second photo. Anyone seen it before or know what it is?
Last bottle my local had in stock didn't notice this until I got home.

Any on the bottom?
Did you lay it on it's side hot then chill it?

There is a bit on the bottom, I grabbed it from the display fridge at my local standing up I don't know how they've treated it but they are normally pretty damn good. (ie small business, owner runs the shop and cares. ie not Dans)

stillinrehab said:
I have finally seen the light and had the nectar known as Orval. Mark this day on the calendar for sure :icon_drool2:
Grab yourself a boon Kriek , rodenbach grand cru or a cantillon etc and you'll never come back.

Looked on duponts web site to see if I could find anything...

"TASTING

Serve at cellar temperature (12 ° C) or slightly chilled as an aperitif or to accompany a pâté or eels in escavèche."

I'll have to get some eels...

Cigar City.JPG

Cigar City - Drink now or cellar :)

L-R Leon - Barley Wine, Nielsbohrium - Imperial Stout, Marshall Zhukov's - Imperial Stout, Hunahpu (with Ancho Chile) - Imperial Stout, Moat Water - Sweet Stout

Moa Pale Ale on Air NZ Domestic. That 'bottle' is totally made out of like aluminium, but sort of like totally solid, like if you would of been standing on it with like you're feet, you'd like literally not crush the bottle at all because it's like totally literally like a solid piece of something.

bottle conditioned too, and I reckon the aluminium totally didn't like do anything bad to my brain either like some weirdos like to proclaim when their literally off they're face with those totally fucked up tin foil hats. Weirdos man!!!

anyway, this beer is pretty good ey, even like had a crown seal or something that sort of came off with some sort of noise coming from that air hostess chick.

DSC_1239.JPG

I really enjoy Moa beers, though never had one of those aluminum bottle ones.. could be interesting.

Bridges said:
Not in the glass yet but am after some help from subject matter experts.

attachicon.gif
IMAG0816.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMAG0815.jpg

White film shown on the inside of the bottle in the second photo. Anyone seen it before or know what it is?
Last bottle my local had in stock didn't notice this until I got home.
It is yeast . It is not ideal up the side , but sometimes I like to stir the yeast to add more flavour .just drink it Freddy :)

Latest posts

Back