Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 4.

$5.90 for 640ml of 11% barleywine is quite good value whichever way you pour it !

Double Post......

PPa8iLB-03i0aMDdRWng7-mESzTHNBlfgPudwZX_rc4.jpeg

Was quite tasty this one, not to weird or full on, just a nice smooth Ale.

Not to keen on this one, had a strange almost menthol like cooling effect on my mouth, not something I would drink again.

7TCQI1h_-HcRoUwaMUT7EqfgdGDwvgkbtrAx4zYxT8E.jpeg

I just picked up 4 sail and anchor barleywines and 2 rogue santas brews for $35. Will drink one tonight amd keave the others for a few months to see how they age. Not expecting too much but the price is right.

Brisbane Brewhouse smokey lager, left over from their sip n sniff last night. Sim you crazy man. It's a dry clean lager with enough smoke (I'm guessing peated) to let you know it's there.

I'm going to try get my growler filled with the double dry saison stout.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1393564824.179702.jpg

Danwood said:
$5.90 at Dan's atm...bargain. (Thanks to Bridges for the find)

Big, sweetly syrupy ( the bubbles are struggling to rise up through the beer) and very warming.

Hops are upfront too. Mostly citrusy. 65IBU.

It's not bad, but maybe a little too syrupy and maybe this 11% is kicking my arse...no, definitely kicking my arse.

Ed- It's sold in a red and white tin if you're looking for them.

You are not wrong! A little too sweet for my tastes, I've got 4 more of the bloody things to get through and I'm not sure how I'm gonna go.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1393572181.686778.jpg

The first of four beers I picked up from hop dog brewery in nowra this afternoon. This is an incredibly complex beer that is both sour and sweet at the same time with some almost cidery notes.

It is a whey beer that was barrel aged in Shiraz barrels with fresh peaches so not your average drop and very enjoyable! Looking forward to the next 3.

Liam_snorkel said:
Brisbane Brewhouse [...]

I'm going to try get my growler filled with the double dry saison stout.
Succeeded. And what a beer. There's something about the combination of tart fruity 'saison-ness' and a rich malty black beer that really appeals to me. Similar to Winkel's saison noir from the Qld swap last year. I'm going to have to have a crack at something like this

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1393574567.628780.jpg

I think tony had a saison stout recipe he rated pretty highly. I've been interested to make it actually. This makes me more so. Anyone tasted / made it?Thoughts?

Liam_snorkel said:
Succeeded. And what a beer. There's something about the combination of tart fruity 'saison-ness' and a rich malty black beer that really appeals to me. Similar to Winkel's saison noir from the Qld swap last year. I'm going to have to have a crack at something like this

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1393574567.628780.jpg

The bitch hooked her claws onto the rim of the glass and was intent on destruction 1/2 a second after this.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1393655618.996320.jpg

I got an assortment of German alcohol-free beers because I need to apply the brakes a little. And it is too f'in hot to go without a beer.

Weihenstephaner Alkoholfrei Original was a delicious and fresh beverage which is definitely beer-ish though the pronounced cereal character makes it feel like I am drinking Cruskits.

Latest posts

Back