Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpgimage.jpg
Thomas hardy's ale 11.7%
These are getting rarer . Don't think they are even brewed by anyone anymore ?
Well , fuk me ! Almost like liquid vegemite ! But not in a bad way . Thickly sweetly malty heavy but smooth enough to be very pleasant and very Morish mmmm .
Had one of this four pack a few years ago and I remember it being a lot like a blue Chimey or Barney , well another few years in the cellar have found it to be a little more dryer and a little more ' oh momma '

View attachment 66148
Boon perfect marriage geuze 8%
I read an article written by frank boon about the state of traditional lambic breweries in Belgium . He didn't tell a good tale . Years of decline and closures , buy outs and the usual global monopolies ! He talked of a time lost , a tradition on the brink of being extinct ! So he decided to brew traditional Belgium lambics at a loss ! Just so the history wasn't lost.
Fuking champion ! Since then his sales have increased every year and thank Christ I have found his beers and buy them without a moments hesitation in the fact I am making a really funky Belgium dude rich ;)
Do not start drinking boon or any other Belgium lambics , you have been warned !

Few things , mostly sad for me this time of year , mainly lost souls and best mates and all that kinda crap , anyways I have been dying to crack this lil number View attachment 66152View attachment 66153
Brew dog , tactical nuclear penguin 32%

The glass is from Scotland , my big sis bought it for me about 15 years ago , I used to chop up buds in it thinking I was all that , tonight it actually makes sense again '
Barley wine to the max , a sip is like a throat full of Russian imperial stout , wham !
Not stout not too much though , smooth but nasty jus like you like it , port like with the silk but with an almost Belgian tang of continuing flavour tempting you to come back
Just get blue chimay and drop a really clean vodka but strong % add a dash of the bestest grandfather vintage that shit port and blink , maybe close
Or one the the most demanding , complex , mind warping beers to try

Neck the Nuke - you know you want to.
PS must check numbers on the TH

View attachment 66155
Schinder Weiss Tap Six Unser Aventinus 8.2%
Gotta wash that penguin rite outer my mouth some how yes ?
Mmmm strong wheat
You can't Handel the wheat
The wheat is not enough
Show me the freakin wheat god dam you !
Mmm I love the snell if wheat in the morning
Stick around
I'll b bak

That's more like it.

One of the previous post was far too eloquent.

When will I ever learn to quote that one's posts?

Drinking a Gunnamatta Tea Leaf IPA, there is no BBE code, but it tastes surprisingly very fresh, indicating new batches or continued production.
It is pretty cohesive, the whole concept, marketing and then execution of liquid. They do good.

northside novice said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Three fountains brewery
Oude geuze 6%
Top shelf lambic from Belgium
A must try/drink if you ever get the chance ...
Superb old sloop Belgium funky with a dash of sha Zam
I have a bottle of their golden blend. Keen to try it. If you want sour as ****, try boon gueze l'ancienne. Suck your face off I tell ya!!

northside novice said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Three fountains brewery
Oude geuze 6%
Top shelf lambic from Belgium
A must try/drink if you ever get the chance ...
Superb old sloop Belgium funky with a dash of sha Zam
I'm impressed you could still focus on typing at 1 am after that lot :blink:

I should have posted this after I'd been there but,
stone.jpg
at Craft, Red Hill, now.

IMAG0724.jpg
Bridge Road Brewers Hop School pack.
Probably not quite IPA's as they all clock in at 4.8% abv.
All the same 4 really good and different beers. Awesome marketing and a great idea. My wife particularly loved the summer IPA in the pack and now wants me to either try and make it or buy some more. Made for a nice night though to kick back and try them all.

Found this bad boy when I was in NZ recently...167IBU!
Surprisingly well balanced, massive citrus, resin hop flavours and aroma.

tuatara double trouble.jpg

Back in good old Ringwood now, it's good to be home.

This is a few farewell Uk drinks from the last session we had. The sun-lit pint was a brilliant example of Hobgoblin at lunch, marking the start of the session.

The winners were Blacksheep Progress 20th anniversary ale and Fullers Vintage, equal first.

Great fruity, slightly resinous aroma in the single-hop Progress. Must give this hop a go in an ESB at some point.

Latest posts

Back