Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another European holiday pic... I'll keep drip feeding this thread with snaps from my travels.

This is me like a pig in the preverbial. Location: Hofbraü Haus. Feeling: Awesome. Beers: Sömmer and Helles. Serving suggestion: by the stein

image.jpg

edit: spelling

Feral Hop Hog is what's in my glass - too often! How good is this beer :icon_drool2:.

Is the Feral Smoked Porter as good?

Oh, and is this the company that uses non-hydrated dry yeast?

Feral smoked porter is a good beer, balanced and drinkable. Is it as good as the Hog? I order a lot of Hog, but I prefer IPA to porter.

Ok thanks, haven't seen it yet at my local but Hop Hog is being stocked lately, was wondering if it was worth asking them to get me a slab.

Karma Citra sounds pretty awesome too :icon_drool2:

Founders All Day IPA - Michigan USA

Picked it up (along with a few others) at Prince of Wales in Newcastle when dropping off some NSW Comps beers last weekend. Their selection is pretty good (Rogue, 8 Wired among many others) and a bit closer than Warners for me.

9523175340_6ae947b906.jpg

Nice passionfruit aroma. Head dies down quickly. Definitely IPAish but the malt is a bit thin for me. Background bitterness slightly metallic. Still worth a look.

PS. Brewing hoppy beers at home sure makes you have high expectation for the commercial stuff. Pity its gotta catch a boat across the world. Might try and get that trip to the West Coast organised.

IMAG0665.jpg
Got 2 of these packs on clearance from dans tonight $8.50 the beer on its own is normally $7.99. WIN!

Bridgeport Kingpin...too much bitterness, not enough malt to hold it together.

Blackheart and Sparrows English IPA...slightly salty burtonised tang, firm bitterness, mild roastiness and caramel from the malt.
Definitely prefer the IPA.

I just had a tooheys extra dry bottle. It tasted maltier than I remember. Someone left a few at my house and I didnt have any cold water to drink.

My old man is in town and we started the arvo with a ted, it's beer alright but we quickly swapped to a Vale New World lager which has some nice hops and then got stuck into the homebrew on tap...golden ale with Galaxy hops.....boom. Now time for a little creatures Mr Obadiah.

image.jpgimage.jpg Selvmordstokt
Moondog/nogno "it's better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand "
Wheat porter with sour cherry wine 7.6% originally brewed for gabs 2013 aged in funky Brett oak barrels .
Was expecting more funk from this but it is really nice.
image.jpg
5.7% smokey hoppyness

Proffs said:
Mate, if they bottled karma citra I'd be all over it like a dirty rash. A man can dream tho.
The only time I've had it was in a bottle a couple years ago. Dan's briefly stocked Feral beers at Hamilton but stopped when they didn't move.

Danwood said:
Bridgeport Kingpin...too much bitterness, not enough malt to hold it together.
Blackheart and Sparrows English IPA...slightly salty burtonised tang, firm bitterness, mild roastiness and caramel from the malt.
Definitely prefer the IPA.
Just 'Blackheart' , no sparrows whatsoever are involved...moron.!!

Finking of the shop, wasn't I !

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
The only time I've had it was in a bottle a couple years ago. Dan's briefly stocked Feral beers at Hamilton but stopped when they didn't move.
We have never bottled Karma Citra.

image.jpgimage.jpg
Hopdog beer works , an American werewolf in Belgium 6.5% 70 ibu
Farking luberly , getting a weird old fruit tingle lolly taste and fizz going on ! It's pretty crazy .
Brewed for gabs 2013 Belgium ipa .

IMAG0666.jpg
Forgot to take a pic until after I'd finished both.
All day IPA seemed a bit to sweet up front, and as waggastew said a bit thin, but a nice enough drop all the same not upset with it.
Centennial IPA was a way better beer. Bitter, hoppy, nice.
Strange that even though the all day IPA is labelled a session ale, after I'd finished it I wasn't keen for another. Not that I disliked it. The centennial though I've just finished and if I had another in my fridge it'd be enjoying it now.

A flight of Holgate IPAs.

On the day I'd rate the Hopinator top by a fair bit, Falcon second and Road Trip a creditable third - it wasn't quite how I expected it to turn out.

Edit: a better place to put this, see what you made me do brain. :huh:

Usual Murray's pour............

9523287026_438c5894cf.jpg

Hmm, I ain't Jessica Fletcher but I am sure I can detect Brett. Would explain the pour. Not all together unpleasant, just distinctive.

Tuatara Pale Ale

9529573814_553c2903dd.jpg

Plain old YUM! Very well put together beer that flirts shamelessly with IPA territory. Like all good flirts it leaves you wanting more.

Latest posts

Back